Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

1 hour ago, stupidgringo said:

Where did you do this?

Anyone else do this? What type of location will have a waiting list? HEB? CVS? Delco center?

rural small town. Local hospital. They were doing appointments for the olds and infirm, but either lots of appointments were getting unfilled, or people weren't showing for their appointments. So, they put the word out that they would be doing waiting lists on first come, first served starting at noon on Sundays. I think the appointments started early on Sundays and went well into the evenings.

Wife and I showed up at 12:00, were funneled into the waiting area-- parked in certain rows in parking lot to wait. Maybe two or three cars ahead of us. We waited two hours, other cars slowly filled in behind us, then they came and got about 5 cars worth of wait listers at one time, maybe 10 total people at most. I think we were in the first group of wait listers to get it.

Once we got the paperwork filled out, we were done in 30 mins, plus the 15 wait after. As we left, the waiting line was quite a bit longer (I guess we beat the post church rush), but not as long as I expected. When we entered the lot, we were warned by an attendant that we may have to wait awhile, and there was no guarantee that we would get it.

No CR: Its pretty trumpy where I live, so I wonder if a lot of the locals aren't really that worried about it.

The 1B criteria in Texas are sufficiently broad such that most of the BBQ loving, hard drinking degenerates here easily qualify without bending the truth. 

He ain’t lyin’.

Yeah, I got mine laminated. Also made multiple copies just in case.

Yep. Took an image on the phone. Am saving, and conveying to PDF, and am laminating. Lemme on planes, lemme go overseas, let’s fucking do this bitch.
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He ain’t lyin’.

Yep. Took an image on the phone. Am saving, and conveying to PDF, and am laminating. Lemme on planes, lemme go overseas, let’s fucking do this bitch.

I’m going to NOLA in 10 days. Both wife and I fully vaxed. Parkway Tavern is calling my name. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck. Yes.

Already decided that come April, I’m boiling a mess of crawfish for my vaxxed friends.

Yup. 

Planning on hosting a Memorial Day BBQ, but gotta show your vax card to be invited. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

While I'm jealous of your time alone, outdoors........maybe tap the brakes on "mountain biking" until you get through Iowa and most of Missouri.  ;) 

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Dunno, but we would like to get our cards laminated.... if we’re gonna have to carry them around.

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Yeah, I got mine laminated. Also made multiple copies just in case.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He ain’t lyin’.

AmazingMediocreAsiansmallclawedotter-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

First Pfizer dose at NRG. Efficient and smooth. Arrived early. Girlfriend had appt two hours later and it wasn't an issue. Both first dose

Enjoyed some of the National Guard playing some music and trying to keep it light. Car full of nuns next to us "dancing" to some latin jam.

Some local business should send the guard some decent chow or treats or something. A few of em were feeling the grind, but friendly.

I miss Astroworld of the 80s

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well as expected woke up feeling normal today.  Was weird as I seemingly had the common side effects but they all progressed individually over a period of 9 hours:  low temp / chills -> super tired -> raised heart rate / hangover feeling -> headache -> soreness like a car wreck -> fine.  

Im curious to see how those taking the J&J vaccine feel.  And for the record I’ll still be masking up the majority of the time as I don’t want any Karens bugging me, will respect businesses rules, and ironically distance+masks+working from home = haven’t had a cold/flu/etc in forever it seems.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Got moderna 2 Thursday at noon at AISD Perf Arts.
Got shitfaced by 4.
Going on day 2. Only issue was a headache at midnight on Thursday and general tiredness.
Coulda been the booze emoji1742.png

I did the same last Saturday – drank a lot in celebration of the second dose. Around 10am the next morning I knew I had more than a hangover and had the flu-like symptoms all Sunday. Doubt my body would’ve reacted differently had I not drank alcohol. Don’t care. Got vax.

My wife and I just got our first doses of Moderna about an hour ago at the local WalMart pharmacy.  Was notified by a friend that works in there that they had extra doses that would be given out based on a Waste Avoidance Protocol.  Not entirely sure he didn't slip us in on the sly since we're both 49 and in good health, but we both jumped at the chance to go ahead and get this taken care of.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

My wife and I just got our first doses of Moderna about an hour ago at the local WalMart pharmacy.  Was notified by a friend that works in there that they had extra doses that would be given out based on a Waste Avoidance Protocol.  Not entirely sure he didn't slip us in on the sly since we're both 49 and in good health, but we both jumped at the chance to go ahead and get this taken care of.

Impostor. No chance in hell the real Ron Swanson would get vaccinated. 

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, sidis said:

i fully intend to...just vexed by whatever is going on there and the fact that my name popped up before my wife, who works in an elementary school.  whatever.

Done. Smooth process at Kelly reeves today. One down.