Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Just tell her she can get the antibodies through your penis one load at a time.
Me, telling my wife about that comment.

Her - "it would be like a client testing positive for cocaine and telling me its because she gave her boyfriend who does coke a blowjob and she swallowed"

Me - "whats your clients number?"
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm about 48 hours from 2nd Moderna shot.  Arm soreness within 4 hours, not as bad as 1st shot.  Subsided over the next 24 hours.
No fever, chills, aches, nothing really.  Just felt tired / sleepy at about 24 hours post.  Went to bed early last night, slept fine.  No issues today, arm soreness almost gone.

How’d you feel after the first one?

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

How’d you feel after the first one?

Just a sore, itchy arm.  Some erythema with the itchiness at the injection site that started a week after; felt warm to the touch.  This was basically due to excipient intolerance as far as I could tell.  None of that so far after the 2nd shot.  It might flare up in a week or so, like after the 1st shot.  

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

For those of you having just gotten your second shot, I'm aggregating similar stories from all of you about how you felt right after and for the first day.  But how long did the serious shit last with some of you?  24 hours?  36 hours?  72 hours?  I moved mine to Friday afternoon based on what a lot of y'all have said.  Just hoping I can get back to work that next Monday...about 60 hours later.  

Got second moderna shot last Friday afternoon. Had serious symptoms Saturday morning that really only lasted a couple hours. Less serious symptoms the rest of Saturday and woke up Sunday morning feeling like a million bucks. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Just now, AnotherUTFan said:

I got J&J Thursday. Felt and feels like nothing happened.

I think that was their legal defense slogan In the tantamount talcum taint tort 

Moderna No. 2 yesterday at the Delco. No line for anything and it took longer for me to fill out the consent form than to get my shot. The sparse crowd is bc APH is getting much less vaccine than last month with all the other providers coming online. 

My arm is significantly more sore than last time but otherwise I feel ok, if not slightly hungover from an early St. Patrick’s dinner/drinking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On Saturday, I got an email from Wilco with a 6 digit code to enter into Curative to reserve a slot at Dell Diamond (I had registered in early February, but then got vaxxed through HEB).

Instead of wasting the code (or logging in to cancel it), I entered a friend's info (50-64, so 1C).  Told him last week I would help him get registered when 1C opening was announced.  Entered all his info, got the appointment in his name.  I did this yesterday late afternoon and there were a ton of slots open.  The registration was only active for 3/13 and 3/14 (for appointments week of 3/15).

I doubt they'll take his appointment away or deny him Dose 1 since the code was not issued to him. It's Spring Break, so it's very possible a lot of folks are out of town.  But I told him I would drive him up there and if they challenged anything, I would deal with their bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

I got a little achy and lethargic yesterday afternoon. The aches could have been from a 14 mile mountain bike ride Sunday followed by 4 hrs in the truck Monday to get the shot. I took two Tylenol and laid down at 3:30 and slept until just past 5:00. Then went to bed at 9:30, and according to Mrs Rojo I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Feel fine this morning except for some mild soreness in my arm. Probably going to go for a bike ride later, if the rain holds off.  

I also had a mild case of the bubble guts this morning, but that was likely from the celebratory Whataburger #5 with jalapenos I had for lunch. 

22 hours ago, Pancho said:

Got my first 5G microchip shot this morning at NRG (Pfizer). I’m not 1A,B, or C so not sure how or why Harris County told me to come on down but don’t care.

do you live in one of the high priority zip codes?  that's how i got mine in Dallas County so quickly.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/here-are-the-houston-area-zip-codes-that-will-get-first-priority-at-nrg-mass-vaccination-site/285-f8d0c156-f8d0-4956-b850-f2bd4ec14016

Do you think HEB will let someone schedule their 2nd shot a week later than the date they are supposed to get it?  I have a friend who is getting their first dose of pfizer this week.  He has to back to a rig in 2 weeks and the 2nd dose will end up being when he is working.  If they let him push it a week, there won't be any problems with him getting it because he'll be off again.