Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Getting J&J in a few hours in Burnet. I'm scared of needles.

Horrified of needles. It’s my personal irrational phobia. Turned my car off in the drive thru when my turn came up so nothing bad could happen if I fainted. I barely felt the Pfizer shot, which was nice, because I usually very much feel it.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Not from Texas said:

This is what I was wondering,  I was exposed twice (close contact with someone who had tested positive) back in November.  Both times tested negative, but then I developed a terrible cough and headaches for 3 weeks.  Tested negative again, Doc thought sinus infection, did 3 round of antibiotics, no help.  Had sinus xrays chest xrays showed nothing. Then the cough suddenly went away.  My first Moderna shot sucked, cold symptoms immediately, chills body aches fever at 24hrs felt drained for a week.  Got second shot Wednesday and no symptoms at all, just sore arm.  I was really concerned about getting the second after how bad the first one was.

This is strange because what you are describing seems like you should have tested positive for Covid but didn’t. Maybe you had a cold virus that’s been around awhile but is similar to it? But the timing of exposure sure seems coincidental. 

Received Pfizer 2 this morning. Arm is just now starting to get sore and I’m starting to feel a little fatigued. I did clean the garage floor and wash down the side walks in front of house so maybe that’s a factor. Hopefully body doesn’t deteriorate.

Got a call from a friend this morning that Milam County had a ton of extras so gave them a call and got my first Moderna out there. I’d say fully half of the people out there today were Austin people. The guy checking me in said he had someone in from Dallas County earlier. What a fucked up roll out.

Where’d we land on drinking after the shot? Friday is cocktail night and that Vieux Carre is calling my name.

8 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Got a call from a friend this morning that Milam County had a ton of extras so gave them a call and got my first Moderna out there. I’d say fully half of the people out there today were Austin people. The guy checking me in said he had someone in from Dallas County earlier. What a fucked up roll out.

Where’d we land on drinking after the shot? Friday is cocktail night and that Vieux Carre is calling my name.

We're Surly. Drink during the shot. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Update 4 days after 2nd shot (pfizer). Felt like dogshit and the site went down on day 2. Felt completely normal when I woke up day 3. Feel fucking incredible day 4. 

Once those superpowers kick in, you will rule the world, my friend.

Good on ya!  Glad yer over the hump!

24 hours after second Moderna, and the only effects for me so far are a sore arm and fatigue.  Add body aches to those for my wife's effects.  I woke up with a horrible headache this morning, but I think that is more about the oak trees on my place having copious sex.  It has let up considerably after a half dozen sneezes.

13 hours ago, Stringer said:

Same, I called thursday and they had an appt for me Friday in Rockdale. First Moderna done, 28 days for second dose.

second shot of Pfizer this afternoon at Fair Park.  much longer wait than the first shot.  they were running low on supply.  this was the FEMA project.  after about an hour, i got my shot.

i'm all vaxxed up.  celebrated with lunch on the patio and a nice cold Peticolas What's New pale ale.

now just resting on the couch watching bball.  i had an immediate headache right after the shot but it's died down.  arm is starting to feel sore but that's it so far.

Edited by Jive Turkey

First round of Pfizer today.  My wife was the only one who was supposed to be vaxxed but they let me in.

Really well run operation. My arm is sore.  No more than usual.  But don't quite feel fine. A little chest tightness. 

I'd say I'm about 85%.  Glad to have the first one down

Got my second Pfizer implant on Friday morning, now Sunday morning feel great, just a slight soreness in my arm, with maybe a bit of fatigue yesterday.  Not really any headache this time around so I’m calling it good to go now.  I did stay up and watch that abomination last night so fatigued from that. (End of the Shaka era). 

• Like 1

so for those of you who went APH for your 1st shots,  when did they schedule you for your 2nd shot?   

I got Moderna 1 on March 4th, so, Im 11 days out from able to take the 2nd shot.  

I log onto APH and it shows this

51059356131_743ee8fbd8_b.jpg

there is nothing else there about getting the 2nd shot, the site doesnt give me the option to schedule the 2nd shot and there doesnt seem to be a follow up link to be notified when they wiill do that. and the site says they are gonna either call or email me.... 

I know its the city, and they love to do things last second. but with less than 2 weeks from getting the 2nd shot I would have expected them to at least assign the appt by now.

anyone else get an APH shot and get told when their 2nd appt was? 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

just got 1st moderna today at a CVS in lubbock.  They are the only city that has consistently shown availability on the cvs website.  we were there visiting in-laws and scheduled the wife and i.  still openings if anyone is in or around the hub city.  Scheduled 2nd and got appt in Mesquite (we live in Dallas).  

lol at the lubbock CVS not even enforcing mask wearing, though.  guess there was a reason hotwheels lifted the mask ban there.

43 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

anyone else get an APH shot and get told when their 2nd appt was? 

My wife got both shots through APH.  She heard nothing from them until the day before she was due for the second shot.  No way to sign up in the portal.  The day before, she got an email with an appointment time and location for the next day.  The location for the second shot was different, so she had to drive to the Austin ISD PAC rather than the Delco Center for the second shot.  So check the location as well as the time and date if you get an email appointment.

Her onsite experience for the second shot was great.  She took a printout for the second appointment with her, which I think had a QR code they scanned, but there was almost no line and she was back home less than an hour after she left.

here's a tweet from APH with a flowchart telling you what to do based on your online portal status:

On 3/19/2021 at 7:00 PM, pearlandhorn said:

30 hours after first Pfizer shot. Shoulder still a little sore but good to go otherwise. Got laid last night. Went to the gym and had a good workout today. Grilling tomorrow. Parents coming in to town who are both fully vaxxed tomorrow. Going to be a great weekend.

But did you munch on her for 2 hours straight?

Got my date to dance with the needle this coming Wednesday. Pfizer. Getting it at the Hoover Met ballpark where the Birmingham Barons used to play. Kinda wish it was at the shi-shi new ballpark in downtown Bham across the street from a decent brewpub, but I'll take it and like it. Hoover in general is like getting tossed into an 80s movie, so while I'm there maybe I'll just grow all my hair back and hang out at the mall.

18 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Got my date to dance with the needle this coming Wednesday. Pfizer. Getting it at the Hoover Met ballpark where the Birmingham Barons used to play. Kinda wish it was at the shi-shi new ballpark in downtown Bham across the street from a decent brewpub, but I'll take it and like it. Hoover in general is like getting tossed into an 80s movie, so while I'm there maybe I'll just grow all my hair back and hang out at the mall.

• Drool 1

apparently Corsicana is giving the shot to anybody who wants it, regardless of age or health.  just sign up, answer the questions truthfully, and you'll still get an appointment, even if you're not in 1A, 1B, or 1C.  so says tons of people on a very popular DFW Covid Vaccine Finder group on Facebook.

https://navarrocountyoem.quickbase.com/db/bq6bzxv8q?fbclid=IwAR1bDsKSDZnFk7kUqghArBHwy7k0D7XIhLDmeWyB6I4amaZ3-17GcRSWsis

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

apparently Corsicana is giving the shot to anybody who wants it, regardless of age or health.  just sign up, answer the questions truthfully, and you'll still get an appointment, even if you're not in 1A, 1B, or 1C.  so says tons of people on a very popular DFW Covid Vaccine Finder group on Facebook.

https://navarrocountyoem.quickbase.com/db/bq6bzxv8q?fbclid=IwAR1bDsKSDZnFk7kUqghArBHwy7k0D7XIhLDmeWyB6I4amaZ3-17GcRSWsis

Why the hell not, huh?  Getting needles in the arms for those that want it, right?

On 3/21/2021 at 11:59 AM, Texas Jeff said:

My wife got both shots through APH.  She heard nothing from them until the day before she was due for the second shot.  No way to sign up in the portal.  The day before, she got an email with an appointment time and location for the next day.  The location for the second shot was different, so she had to drive to the Austin ISD PAC rather than the Delco Center for the second shot.  So check the location as well as the time and date if you get an email appointment.

Her onsite experience for the second shot was great.  She took a printout for the second appointment with her, which I think had a QR code they scanned, but there was almost no line and she was back home less than an hour after she left.

here's a tweet from APH with a flowchart telling you what to do based on your online portal status:

my experience as well with APH and the second dose.. at the AISD Performing Arts Center at Mueller - super organized and super easy.

APH texted me (unsolicited) an appointment date and time (which was on the exact 28th day from my first!) 48 hours before the appt. date.