Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

that sucks to go through all that. i hope it works out.
I'll say it again, anyone and everyone can get a CVS shot in Lubbock.  They STILL continue to always show availability on the CVS website despite every other city in Texas showing fully booked.  I realize no one wants to go to Lubbock, but it's an option.  We happened to be driving back through there seeing the in-laws and decided to just get a shot there.  you can book your 2nd shot back in your 'hood and don't need to go back.
- But keep checking CVS on Wednesdays and Thursdays each week as that's when they normally open up new appts

A rational mind would rather be injected with COVID than drive to Lubbock.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

2nd shot has hit me way harder than first. No energy, body aches, and chills. Arm is more sore this time too.

Same, slept like shit then woke up with chills and body aches (guess that means my immune system is responding).  Alternating between tylenol and advil.  Just started to feel decent about an hour ago which is 24 hours post 2nd shot.

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

Alternating between tylenol and advil.

I've heard that you shouldn't take an anti-inflammatory because you actually want your body's inflammatory response to maximize the effectiveness of the vaccine.  Trust me, because (1) I'm a lawyer, and (2) a friend told me this over beers.

18 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Man that's crazy that some people get all those symptoms. Wife and I had almost no reaction to either Pfizer shot. Just a sore shoulder the next day that went away never to be seen again after lifting.

My shit better work, Pfizer!

Janssen doesn't even have my arm feeling sore 24 hours later or immediately after injection. But according to the nurse who administered the shot and an article I had read, this vaccine has the least amount of side effects. It's also more proven against the variants being talked about now. 

Can't thank @Kyrie Eleison enough. Again, the hill country area is offering it to anyone who wants it. For free. Medical arts pharmacy in kerrville is where I got it and had only waited 4 days between scheduling and getting the vaccine. Hell of a better deal than fucking Lubbock imo 

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I've heard that you shouldn't take an anti-inflammatory because you actually want your body's inflammatory response to maximize the effectiveness of the vaccine.  Trust me, because (1) I'm a lawyer, and (2) a friend told me this over beers.

any word from port-a-potty milf on this?

33 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I asked the CVS guy about it and he said to focus on tylenol.  whatever.  Getting a cocktail shortly to celebrate my invincibility.

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

CVS guy about it and he said to focus on tylenol.  whatever.  Getting a cocktail shortly

1) Don't mix tylenol with booze. 

2) Don't preload with tylenol or advil before shot.

3) If and when you have significant fever or chills after 2nd shot (I sure did) take advil or tylenol (I did advil, see item 1). The study protocols allowed ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed after injection. 

4) The concerns are mostly theoretical from some infant vaccine data.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

1) Don't mix tylenol with booze. 

2) Don't preload with tylenol or advil before shot.

3) If and when you have significant fever or chills after 2nd shot (I sure did) take advil or tylenol (I did advil, see item 1). The study protocols allowed ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed after injection. 

4) The concerns are mostly theoretical from some infant vaccine data.  

Listen to this man.  Not sure what he does in real life other than post on Surly, but he posts some awesome stuff on the Shit I Cooked Lately thread. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Got the first Pfizer today at a drive-through site. Was very efficient, like being inside a Swiss clock. My only moment of apprehension was when I was in the approach lanes of traffic, and "Major Tom" came on the radio.

Better than Only the Good Die Young which came on as I was turning into the parking lot of my shot location.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

The pharmacist at H‑E‑B told me to take them. 

Got the 1st Pfizer on 3/12 at Walgreens in Aurora, CO. 2nd scheduled for 4/9.  

Arm was pretty sore for 24 hours. I’d forget about it and lift to grab something to be reminded quickly. I also got a metallic taste in my mouth for a few hours similar to when I receive a steroid infusion for MS. Nothing else though. 

Walgreens is the best option in the Denver metro so far. Scheduling is easier there than UCHealth, SCL Health and all the other hospital systems. Log in to the Walgreens app at 4:00 am and spots open for 2 days ahead. You don’t wait for an email. Walgreens also let me in the group prior to the ones the hospitals are.

• Hook 'Em 2

Got stuck with the first Moderna this afternoon. My arm is sore but that's it so far.

The lady that stuck me was a pro. It was the least painful shot I've ever gotten, which might just be because I was happy as shit to get it. Overall I was impressed with the city of Houston's operation.

got my second pfizer yesterday. they stuck me in my right arm this time. not sure if that is common, but when i got my first three weeks ago, they told me that's how they were going to do it. it's a bit sore. had to drive to northwest san antonio from south austin, so it wasn't so bad. 35 was closed on the return trip, so google took me through the hill country. just a beautiful drive.

i will not substantively change my behavior in public, but will definitely relax a few things in private in family gatherings and such.

second pfizer hit my wife like a ton of bricks 26 hours after for about three hours, with aches, headache and a slight fever, then she snapped out of it.

Got my first Pfizer yesterday at UT Gregory Gym. Shit was organized and easy. Shot was painless. I only waited 10 mins after the shot and then left. I'm a rebel like that. Saw an incredibly beautiful MILF in line. That was the extra icing.

In the middle of the night, woke up with the worst headache. Then the hail came and woke me up again and still had headache. 

No issues this morning. Arm is sore. I went to the range and hit a large bucket of balls after my shot. Not sure if that helped or hurt the arm.

I got first Moderna about an hour ago.  No side effects yet.  

Third eye is fucking up my peripherals, though.

Yeah I'm about 3 hrs post Moderna #2. Nothing yet.

Took the day off tomorrow mostly because I have a shitton of vacation. What's the thinking on alcohol post vaccine?
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Yeah I'm about 3 hrs post Moderna #2. Nothing yet.

Took the day off tomorrow mostly because I have a shitton of vacation. What's the thinking on alcohol post vaccine?

I basically ended up with very little side effects.  Very minor fatigue, I didn't drink yesterday but did exercise.  I have had a couple of post work beer today and am still feeling fine.

Arm soreness is by far most noticeable side effect for me.  Much more noticeable that a flu shot, perhaps in the realm of a tetanus shot(from what I can remember, its been years).

Got my 2nd shot of Moderna yesterday morning.  After sleeping in this morning, I woke up feeling really tired and sluggish most of the day, and while I didn't have a fever, my body temp was about 1 degree warmer than I usually run.  I started feeling better later in the afternoon and aside from a little soreness in the injection arm, I feel normal so far.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Let’s just say I’m in the experimental phase.

Of course you drink after the shot.  Hell, you drink during the shot if they let you.  It's like I don't even know the posters on Surly anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got 2nd dose of Pfizer around 2 pm. Actual 2nd shot was more painful than first. Didn’t feel anything with first but 2nd was definitely noticeable. Probably more to do with the fact the second shot was injected higher up on my arm? 
No side effects yet. But only been 7 hours.

Have a a nice bowl of “pain relief” ready to fire up if needed. Or even if not needed.......

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted in the wrong thread yesterday. I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday around noon. Felt nothing, but slowly throughout today I feel a bit sluggish. Not too bad, but I just feel like I need to nap bad, like I've been up all night or something. So just sitting here at work, trying to get through the day without falling asleep on my laptop. Again not too bad, I just feel like after a good night's rest I'll be back to normal tomorrow. 

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, KingLerxst said:

Got 2nd dose of Pfizer around 2 pm. Actual 2nd shot was more painful than first. Didn’t feel anything with first but 2nd was definitely noticeable. Probably more to do with the fact the second shot was injected higher up on my arm? 
No side effects yet. But only been 7 hours.

Got mine yesterday at 4pm... woke up today feeling great and was all happy that I missed out on the shittiness. 

WRONG. 

about 9am I started feeling crappy and now I feel like dogshit. Bodyaches and whatnot. Popped some ibuprofen this morning and that's helped. May smoke a bowl after work and go to bed super early. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Similar experience here. Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday at 11am. Was feeling fine when I went to bed around 10pm last night. Woke up around midnight with a splitting headache, followed by chills and body aches. Feeling a little better now, but just kinda beat down and I wanna go back to sleep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Got the second shot today at CVS. Stopped at whataburger for a patty melt on the way there. Easily best part of trip.

Got in line, dude ahead of me didn't have an appointment but got a shot a month ago and argued with the girl signing people in for about 10 minutes. She told him to go to the back of the store about 10 times. Somehow despite having an email verifying my appointment, as well as getting a text to check in I somehow was not on the list and got sent to the back of the store and end up behind Argue McArgualot again. 10 strait minutes of "I called this morning and a guy told me to show up", "We don't have a shot for you", "But it's 28 days since my first shot", "we drove all the way from Buda" repeated over and over. Finally the pharmasist broke down and gave him an appointment for Sunday. Pharmacist clicks a few buttons and tells me to get back in line and 30 minutes later I get a shot in my arm.

Walk around store for a few minutes, pick up some cherry twizzlers and head out. Very disappointed in the twizzlers. Much thicker and softer than normal twizzlers not sure if I will finish the package in the next hour or them or throw away.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/24/2021 at 12:47 PM, BrazilHorn said:

2nd shot done. Moderna round two complete. Just waiting for my third eye to come in and for Bill Gates' instructions to come across the wire.

Trying to get a workout in this afternoon ahead of the tiredness/aches I expect to occur.

I hit rack at 8pm last night and didn't wake up til 8am this morning. Was exhausted. I had felt fine Wed pm, Thurs am, but starting Thurs afternoon got a little wobbly and then came home from baseball game and was out like a light. Feel fine this morning.