Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

For about 10 minutes, I couldn't control my body at 3:00am today, felt like a director's cut outtake from "Trainspotting."  That was fucking weird

Yeah, I had this in Dec. 

No stomach “issues” (thank God), but plenty of chills/shakes and a hellacious headache. It wasn’t until the 5 day that I started losing taste & smell. Which took a full three months to return. Some weird shit.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Man, those "chills" people talked about...those weren't like a little shakey-poo back and forth.  For about 10 minutes, I couldn't control my body at 3:00am today, felt like a director's cut outtake from "Trainspotting."  That was fucking weird.  Otherwise, just headache and fatigue.  Weird thing is my arm was sore as shit for 72 hours last time, second shot only lasted 24 hours of arm pain.  All in all, 36 hours later...glad I did it.  But wow, those "chills" were fucking bizarre.  

I feel like second shot side-effects stories will be like the stories Louis C.K. talks about regarding flight delays when he says, "People complain about sitting at the gate for 45 minutes like it's a fucking tribulation worthy of a story.  Oh, and after you delay...did you magically fly sitting in a chair in the fucking sky...traversing New York to Los Angeles in a few hours instead of a few months?"  

"Oh, you didn't fell well for 24 hours?  Well were you miraculously 'cured' by a vaccine that took billions of dollars and tens of thousands of people to create?  But your head hurt for a few minutes?"  

I know some people got really sick after theirs, and we all still need to see if we're okay with fighting off the virus in 6 months...but high five.  

Except no one is complaining like they are pissed off at the inconvenience. Just reporting the varying degrees of shittiness.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m up on Monday for my first dose.  Looking forward to feeling a little more freedom even if there is some temporary discomfort.  A brief survey of my immediate family who have received the vaccine shows 5 no big deals and one I felt like I was gonna die.  That guy is a bit of a drama queen so I’m optimistic.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Except no one is complaining like they are pissed off at the inconvenience. Just reporting the varying degrees of shittiness.

Yeah dude, just an attempt to Connect my story to a Louis CK bit. I’m still on a haze from the shot and had a few drinks on a Saturday night.  We’re young, we’ll bounce back 

26 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m up on Monday for my first dose.  Looking forward to feeling a little more freedom even if there is some temporary discomfort.  A brief survey of my immediate family who have received the vaccine shows 5 no big deals and one I felt like I was gonna die.  That guy is a bit of a drama queen so I’m optimistic.

Third party death is no joke dude. 

Got second Pfizer on Friday.  Sixteen hours out my arm was sore and 20-30 hours out I had a slight fever and body aches.  Good excuse to sit around and watch the Dell Match Play.  By 36 hours everything was back to normal and I woke up this morning with no issues.  All in all, it was no big deal.  

• Like 2

Got second moderna on Friday. Arm is still so sore I can't sleep on that side. Was mildly sick to stomach all day yesterday and still am today. Don't know if it's the shot or I did something but my torn disk in my back is also flaring up and is panful as hell right now.

Wife and I got our first dose at Fair Park around 3:30. We got there around 2pm. Aside from a looping long line to get in that I probably went the wrong way to get to the end of, it was a pretty efficient process. They had 18 bays across that were administering doses. I'm not sure how many they do in an hour but it was pretty cool to see something so well put together. National Guard helping local firefighters, nurse volunteers, and FEMA give out the doses. It seemed super busy which I'd imagine was caused by today being the first everyone that's an adult could get it day. We can return for our 2nd dose on 4/18 and will go through a different entrance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Got the 2nd Pfizer shot earlier this week. It kicked my ass. I woke up every 30 minutes either sweating or shivering the first night. Ran a fever in the morning, had chills off and on for most of the day. Took a couple of naps and worked through it but it was not fun. 2nd night slept through night, woke up the next morning with a headache. Took some ibuprofen and a couple hours after that I was good to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So what's the best way to get vaccinated in central Texas (within an hour of Austin)? I've signed up with APH, signed up with UT, checked HEB/Walmart/Walgreens several times...still not seeing any appointments. Is there a trick to it, like checking at the right time?

Edit: I have seen a few nearby appointments pop up on HEB's site, but they are all gone within less than a second. By the time my page loads, they're gone. Either there are some super fast people out there, or more likely, programmers are scraping the sites and snatching up appointments before mere mortals can get one. It's really frustrating.

48 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

So what's the best way to get vaccinated in central Texas (within an hour of Austin)? I've signed up with APH, signed up with UT, checked HEB/Walmart/Walgreens several times...still not seeing any appointments. Is there a trick to it, like checking at the right time?

Edit: I have seen a few nearby appointments pop up on HEB's site, but they are all gone within less than a second. By the time my page loads, they're gone. Either there are some super fast people out there, or more likely, programmers are scraping the sites and snatching up appointments before mere mortals can get one. It's really frustrating.

Are you using Internet Explorer?  My dear leaders have informed me refreshing the CVS page on Internet Explorer on my MS Surface Pro is the best way to go.  If you have any trouble, use "Bing" to search for other best practices. 

I also have a Jenny McCarthy-based bit of advice for you as well when it comes to vaccinations. 

this spreadsheet was super helpful in all seriousness:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSZyqnDgzU1IL291Q5E1tnFIkaf0sWIXD453RrwbDdXXwPmcojKE_qpJqsyp2qGMZ7F68OdcghdYgQi/pubhtml?urp=gmail_link&gxids=7628

3 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

I got mine through CVS, they've had more local to Austin than HEB. 

With it opening to everyone today I'd expect it to be super busy for a few days and then taper off over the next week or two.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Moderna #2...24hrs later...feels like I fell out of a moving car.

You are me yesterday afternoon. Achy with joint pain once I got out of bed. Felt a bit feverish but never enough to warrant taking my temp. Took a couple of Advil and by evening, I was starting to feel better. Almost back to normal today though a little sluggish. I've still got the shits, but that may be from the yellow curry chicken I had for dinner last night.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

https://www.wilco.org/coronavirus

Shot locations are Kelley Reeves Athletic Stadium and Georgetown football stadium.

36 minutes ago, bolverk said:

You are me yesterday afternoon. Achy with joint pain once I got out of bed. Felt a bit feverish but never enough to warrant taking my temp. Took a couple of Advil and by evening, I was starting to feel better. Almost back to normal today though a little sluggish. I've still got the shits, but that may be from the yellow curry chicken I had for dinner last night.

You had yellow chicken curry after receiving a Covid-19 vaccination?  What the hell is wrong with you?  Was the plate of deviled eggs and tuna lasagna already picked over in your fridge?  

Great link to see by week where in Texas the vaccines doses are going.

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccineallocations.aspx

This week's allocation. You might want to follow up with the facilities to try to get on schedule. They get is this week, they vaccinate this week.

https://dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week16.pdf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Vaccine Spotter.  Was never able to get Austin proper for me but did get Pfizer #2 to go from SA to Bastrop.

I found Walgreens opens up early Sunday AM 6:30-7AM  Got the wife's in Cedar Park.

CVS  Thursday late or Friday Early or SAT early.

Not really baby sitting the spotter.  I just happen to wake pretty early, check the surl, then the spotter. 1C

APH was to much work.  HEB never has anything, but they are on the spotter.

Spotter: CVS, Walgreens, HEB, Walmart  had stuff.  Get familiar with each site and have your insurance info at hand. 

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You had yellow chicken curry after receiving a Covid-19 vaccination?  What the hell is wrong with you?  Was the plate of deviled eggs and tuna lasagna already picked over in your fridge?  

What can I say? I've got a bit of a curry problem and, besides, got poked around 2pm on Saturday so it didn't seem like a bad idea for Sunday night.

Doesn't matter; Had curry.

Fair Park is about as efficient as humanly possible once you get into the actual fairgrounds and past the cops fucking up the incoming traffic.  It would probably be a bad idea to need an ambulance the next few days, because it appears every EMT in town is down there giving shots.  My actual time on site was less than 30 minutes, and 15 of that was the mandatory waiting period before you can leave.  Kudos to everyone involved.

I got my second dose (Moderna) on Saturday afternoon.  Woke up Sunday feeling fine but as the day went on, I started feeling kind of run down, which was to be expected, I guess, since we were working in the yard Sunday afternoon.  About 9PM Sunday night, I had the body aches and about a 100 degree fever, so I popped two Tylenol and slept like a champ.  Woke up this morning feeling fine.

This is an important message from Travis County, TX

Good afternoon,

Our records indicate that you have pre-registered for a vaccine through Austin Public Health but have not received a first dose vaccine appointment.

We will be releasing 12,000 first dose appointments today, March 29, at 6:30 PM. The pre-queue will begin at 6:15 PM.

To join the queue and schedule an appointment, please log in to covid19.austintexas.gov with the account information you used to pre-register.

As a reminder, appointments are released weekly on Monday evenings. Should additional vaccine be available, we will release more appointments on Thursday evenings.

For additional vaccine information and updates, visit www.AustinTexas.gov/COVID19-Vaccines.

Thank you,
Austin Public Health

@Mikey4 and others looking for a shot

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

between Covid-19 and whatever Janine Lindemulder has coursing through her body...I might take my chances with the Hoax.  

Still, I very much enjoyed her early work.  

FYI for anyone still trying to register. Sorry if already posted. 

"The Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler will not replace all COVID-19 vaccine registration in the state," the release reads. "Many entities—including pharmacies, medical practices and some public health departments—are operating their own registration systems and will continue to do so. People who want to be vaccinated should continue to look for available vaccine at those providers, as well."

To create an online profile through the Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler, eligible Texans can visit getthevaccine.dshs.texas.gov or call 833-832-7067 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily for assistance.

https://getthevaccine.dshs.texas.gov/s/

Just got my second Moderna a couple hours ago. Prey for me, fellas. Wife got hers yesterday morning and she’s been hovering around 101 since 10pm. Shivering under about 9 blankets, and barely able to open her eyes. Hope she’s better by tomorrow when I go down for the count. In retrospect, we probably should’ve given more of a buffer between the two of us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

God damn. Got J&J 12 hours ago. Read that side effects don’t kick in for two days. Scheduled an interview for a perfect job opportunity for tomorrow afternoon. Just woke up with the worst case of chills I’ve ever experienced. Profit?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

God damn. Got J&J 12 hours ago. Read that side effects don’t kick in for two days. Scheduled an interview for a perfect job opportunity for tomorrow afternoon. Just woke up with the worst case of chills I’ve ever experienced. Profit?

You got it. Tbh. I think I may have had Covid last year on my last interview. It was just a formality type interview. But I felt weird for two weeks and this was right before Covid got big here. I think my wife brought it back from Santa Clara

I don’t believe significant consumption of alcohol, NSAIDs, or tylenol (all of which can suppress the immune response) was part of the clinical trial to determine the vaccines’ efficacy. You might want to hold off 48+ hours unless you just can take it and are willing to compromise the maximum immunity you’d get from it. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Just got my second Moderna a couple hours ago. Prey for me, fellas. Wife got hers yesterday morning and she’s been hovering around 101 since 10pm. Shivering under about 9 blankets, and barely able to open her eyes. Hope she’s better by tomorrow when I go down for the count. In retrospect, we probably should’ve given more of a buffer between the two of us.

We both got ours yesterday morning and wife started getting fever and aches right before bed.  She's still down for the count now and I've got pretty much nothing.  Is my vaccine and/or body not working correctly?

• Hook 'Em 1