Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Just now, Pescado_Rojo said:

Just got my email reminder/confirmation from Walmart for my second dose. 2 weeks and counting. 

Hoping Galveston County Health Department does the same. When I got my first Pfizer 10 days ago, they said “show up at the same time in 3 weeks for round 2”. Nothing else. I’m afraid we’ll show up and the drive through facility will be abandoned. 

After seeing your participation in the drunk thread I am inserested in how a 3am conference call went.  Or was it one of those 1-900 “conference calls”?

No, it was a real conference call for installing firewalls on the other side of the world. You just have to commit to being a professional both in drinking and in work.
  • Hook 'Em 2

starting to get very aggravated at APH.   I had my first Moderna on March 4.  28 days later is Apr 1.  I havent heard shit from them yet.

Ive had several friends who used APH the week before me who all got their email notifications from APH 3-5 days before their apt and got their shots last thurs/fri.

the site shows my moderna 1 completed, with all the certifications, but nothing for shot 2.  It also tells me that APH will be scheduling my 2nd dose and to be patient if its not past 42 days. if its past 42 days I can show up with my vaccine card and they will stick me in the rotation.

Fuck that.  I want this 2nd shot so its over with, not wanting to wait another 2 fucking weeks.

My wife got her second shot (Moderna) yesterday. She was a little fatigued this morning but still went to work. She now has some chills and body aches, but nothing that would make her come home. I get my second dose next Thursday. It seems like it had been the longest 19 days since the first shot. I’m ready to be done with this. The next 9 days are going to be the longest 9 days ever.

You got it. Tbh. I think I may have had Covid last year on my last interview. It was just a formality type interview. But I felt weird for two weeks and this was right before Covid got big here. I think my wife brought it back from Santa Clara

If the amount of people that think they had COVID early 2020 was remotely close to the number that actually did, we’d already be at herd immunity.
  • Like 4

I think the CDC official estimate is still 2x the number of confirmed cases have very likely had it over the last 15-18 months.  So 90mm total, or 25-30% of the U.S. population.  With about 15% fully vaccinated, we're at 40%  of the population.  But the 25-30% that had it are of all ages, the fully vaccinated are only those over 16 (and really those over 35+ in reality of who's actually getting it).  Rates keep going up on shots and down on hesitancy, should be done by 30 June.  Probably sooner, but I'm leaving 30 day buffer in my approach to this thing because we've fucked up so much on COvid-19 already, why not fuck up the last lap too?  

Girlfriend received her second dose of Pfizer yesterday morning, and I was able to snag an appointment at HEB in New Braunfels for J&J in the afternoon.

Posting at 2 in the morning because I feel like absolute dogshit and can’t go back to sleep. We both had severe chills and a fever around 10pm, and now my head feels like I drank a twelve pack of Shiner yesterday. Ibuprofen helped a little, but damn if the vaccine doesn’t knock you on your ass.

7 hours ago, Noogman said:

Girlfriend received her second dose of Pfizer yesterday morning, and I was able to snag an appointment at HEB in New Braunfels for J&J in the afternoon.

Posting at 2 in the morning because I feel like absolute dogshit and can’t go back to sleep. We both had severe chills and a fever around 10pm, and now my head feels like I drank a twelve pack of Shiner yesterday. Ibuprofen helped a little, but damn if the vaccine doesn’t knock you on your ass.

They actually injected you with AIDS for Austining their New Braunfels. True story.

Protip for those who registered for both doses with CVS.  I scheduled my two appointments last week and they were both in Lago Vista.  I'm in South Austin, so not ideal, but whatever, it's worth it, right?  Drove to Lago Vista last Saturday, got my #1 Moderna, all good.  Just for kicks, looked on CVS website today and was able to reschedule my second poke at a CVS only a mile from my house.  Your mileage may vary, but I am saving a couple hours of driving be rescheduling the second appointment.  Good luck, y'all.

Just now, deadshank said:

Got mine at my doc’s office this morn. Registered with doc yesterday at 5:30 pm for a 10:5 am appt.   in and out in 22 minutes   Got the J&J single dose  

I’m ready to dominate what’s left of the world.  Or whatever my wife tells me to do.  

On 3/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

starting to get very aggravated at APH.   I had my first Moderna on March 4.  28 days later is Apr 1.  I havent heard shit from them yet.

Ive had several friends who used APH the week before me who all got their email notifications from APH 3-5 days before their apt and got their shots last thurs/fri.

the site shows my moderna 1 completed, with all the certifications, but nothing for shot 2.  It also tells me that APH will be scheduling my 2nd dose and to be patient if its not past 42 days. if its past 42 days I can show up with my vaccine card and they will stick me in the rotation.

Fuck that.  I want this 2nd shot so its over with, not wanting to wait another 2 fucking weeks.

I did the APH thing and they sent me both an email and a text message on the 27th day after my first dose. This was last Thursday, and I got my shot on Saturday. So if your experience is like mine, you should get something from them sometime today.

18 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Wife and I both got Pfizer #2 today. Gonna watch basketball and take 4 advil tonight around 8pm. Will let you all know how that works out.

About 24 hours in. So far very little side effects. I guess some chills and some aches but almost not noticable. Wife is super cold and her legs hurt but no fever. 

34 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I did the APH thing and they sent me both an email and a text message on the 27th day after my first dose. This was last Thursday, and I got my shot on Saturday. So if your experience is like mine, you should get something from them sometime today.

I appreciate the info.  Thats the same general thing that I've read including several other posters on this thread 2-3 weeks back.

The concern I have is I've had at least 4 acquaintances who got their shots from APH in the last 40 days, every single one of them got the "pre-notification" 2nd dose email anywhere from 3-5 days before their 28th day. 

still nothing for me, and nothing on the APH site still.

also, it looks like the day I got it, March 4th, was one of the largest dose days APH had done to that point, they had 3,200 doses to distribute that day.   Ive seen 2 other folks in my neighborhood page who got their shot the same day as me, and they posted that they havent gotten anything from APH either.

Im just worried that APH has so many folks to keep track of now (since they really ramped up after March 4th) they have hit a wall in regards to keeping track of everyone who needs to get the 2nd dose.

I know getting the first shot gives me something like 70% efficacy, i just want the 2nd one so i am done and sitting at 95%+ efficacy as soon as possible.   ive got bitches to meet!

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

@AUS-97HORN I got vaxxed same day as you and I just got a text to report on Friday April 2.  They are a little snippy and said delays or reschedules not allowed. WTF APH it’s Good Friday and I’ve my kids at home?!

Thanks Murph,  still nothing received on my end.  when I log into APH now, it says "1st vaccine completed" 

then a line that says " 2nd vaccine"     totally blank.  nothing there

One thing I thought was funny was there were signs saying wait 15 minutes if instructed before leaving. I was 3rd in line, the 2 people in front of me went to sit in chairs after getting vaxxed. I walked in, told them which arm to jab, showed them my vax card and got jabbed. She told me I was gtg so I walked out. I wasn't instructed to to wait. Good news is I have no side effects. Bad news is you still have to put up with my shit. Que sera sera.

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Coming up on 48 hours since my 2nd Moderna. Very minor symptoms. Comparing it to the near death experience my wife went through, I have come to a sound conclusion. On the way to get my shot, I stopped at Whataburger. On the way to her shot, my wife did not stop at Whataburger. I had negligible side effects. My wife had severe side effects. Therefore, if you eat at Whataburger prior to receiving your shot, you will experience no side effects. 

Gonna need more details about what you ordered, it could be that specific.  I go in for my first Moderna shot tomorrow and I want to be sure.  Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Gonna need more details about what you ordered, it could be that specific.  I go in for my first Moderna shot tomorrow and I want to be sure.  Thanks in advance.

We may need a group study to see if different vaccines react to different whataburger items. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Coming up on 48 hours since my 2nd Moderna. Very minor symptoms. Comparing it to the near death experience my wife went through, I have come to a sound conclusion. On the way to get my shot, I stopped at Whataburger. On the way to her shot, my wife did not stop at Whataburger. I had negligible side effects. My wife had severe side effects. Therefore, if you eat at Whataburger prior to receiving your shot, you will experience no side effects. 

I stopped at WB and got a Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit on a jalapeno biscuit on the way to my first shot. Very few side effects. A little achy and tired, but I went on a 12 mile mountain bike ride the day after.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pescado_Rojo said:

I stopped at WB and got a Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit on a jalapeno biscuit on the way to my first shot. Very few side effects. A little achy and tired, but I went on a 12 mile mountain bike ride the day after.

Well that's pretty good, but it's not "negligible."  Imma hold out and see what Squish had, before committing to a menu for tomorrow morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

I get my 2nd on Easter Sunday. I sort of enjoyed the country drive by myself to Bryan. So of course now it's a family wildflower spotting venture. I don't even get pie in Marble Falls since we are going wast.

I have decided the Covid pandemic is officially over the day James McMurtry takes back up his residency at the Continental Club. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol at Austin. Really? Comal County of all places had a simple link to remove myself from the vaccine which I did. APH wants me to remember my username and password, go link hunting, then fill out a form? Pretty sure it's gonna make me find all the squares with crosswalks too. Maybe send a blood sample. Fuck outta here with that.

Y'all's property taxes pay for this. Lulz. cb353152c58a8bc48cc97698899247cb.jpg

• Like 1

Lol at Austin. Really? Comal County of all places had a simple link to remove myself from the vaccine which I did. APH wants me to remember my username and password, go link hunting, then fill out a form? Pretty sure it's gonna make me find all the squares with crosswalks too. Maybe send a blood sample. Fuck outta here with that.

Got that as well. That site is a joke

Sorry to say but anyone relying on Austin public health for a reliable shot has really not lived in Austin long enough. 

Hate to say it but look towards the surrounding counties. Williamson, Hays, Caldwell, bastrop, bell, etc. Less people, less fucked upness, and plus abbot doesn’t hate you then. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Sorry to say but anyone relying on Austin public health for a reliable shot has really not lived in Austin long enough. 

Just show up and tell them you're homeless and without insurance. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Just show up and tell them you're homeless and without insurance. 

I get the joke you’re making but you act like that’s somehow a bad thing. Like they’re giving away crack or something. It’s a vaccine shot. 

I doubt the people reading this board are homeless. So I’m giving them practical advice to get the shot. Wasn’t trying to make a political statement about Austin, just pointing out its inherent deficiencies, but you do you. 

Wife got J&J at 9:20am this morning at HEB and is in bed with chills. She says she doesn't feel bad at all, just can't get warm. I got Moderna dose 2 at 5:15pm at Kelly Reaves through Family Hospital System after getting dose 1 at Lockhart HEB. Efficient process, enjoyed not having to even get out of the car. Nothing yet, but it's very early obv. Super glad to be good to go. 

I also got that city of Austin email. I figure with all the lists I got on, that the next several weeks will feature lots of contacts asking if I still need vaccines.

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Don’t let the drama queens scare you. You might feel shitty for a little while. I felt shitty for a little while. And then it goes away. 

I am actually hoping it somehow gives me super powers.  Not sure if I am going to be a super hero or a super villain.  Still working on what direction I want to go.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Hate to say it but look towards the surrounding counties. Williamson, Hays, Caldwell, bastrop, bell, etc. Less people, less fucked upness, and plus abbot doesn’t hate you then. 

Bro, Hays fucked up so bad they had to cancel at least 1 week of their allotments. 

I did it. The system is so fucked that if it can’t find your email, it gives you a message to add “.aph” after the “.com” in your email address and try again. Seriously, who’s their web developer? He should be fired.