Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck both of you.

I expect to get a little fucking return for my taxes.  God fucking knows I don't get much, but asking for it not to take two fucking months to get a damned vaccine appointment isn't that hard.  

Signed someone who is secure in herself to not kowtow to a bunch of internet tough guys.

Hey, you’re the one making the claim that vaccines should be prioritized for the rich. Even though we know you’re full of shit.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hpara759 said:

Catch a flight to Lubbock or Amarillo... Mexican nationals are doing it

She doesn't want to fucking leave Manhattan, don't you get it?  Because she pays taxes!  Lots of them!  She should get to cut in line in front of the poor people.

But yes, she should just rent a car or hop on a plane and be done with it.  

• Fuck You 1

Unless nyc or the state of ny are buying and distributing the vaccines, Penelope in Manhattan and jim Joe in shallowater are subject to the exact same federal tax laws, so are equal in priority to the federal system that is buying and distributing the vaccines. 

and if they are also buyers, her beef should be with them and not the texans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unless nyc or the state of ny are buying and distributing the vaccines, Penelope in Manhattan and jim Joe in shallowater are subject to the exact same federal tax laws, so are equal in priority to the federal system that is buying and distributing the vaccines. 

and if they are also buyers, her beef should be with them and not the texans. 

Guys, lets be nice. She was stuck in an elevator. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

got my 2nd moderna about 5 hours ago. so far just a tiny headache and a smidge of shoulder discomfort at the injection site. 

4 weeks ago I stood in line for 2 full hours and if i had arrived 15 mins later, that would have easily been another 45-60 mins- they added 4 additional snake lines after I was in line. 

today it was basically a sprint through the same lines and barely had enough time to fill out my vaccine form before I was sitting in front of the nurse.

so either APH finally got their shit together after a month, or I got the end of the day empty shifts.

either way, happy that this shit is over and that I can now talk to Bill Gates just with my thoughts, and looking forward to buying anything with the name Microsoft on the packages. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Penelope,
A good number of my friends in NYC had no issues getting jabbed. From their regular doctors to hospitals, Javits, even one of my friends walked into a CVS late and asked if they had any extra doses and got jabbed. A friend in Long Island booked and got and appointment at CVS within a week.
And oh, none of them are poors, most are in finance and investment banking.

Try harder young lady and you may have better luck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Hey, you’re the one making the claim that vaccines should be prioritized for the rich. Even though we know you’re full of shit.

Not the claim.  I am saying NYC as a whole should be prioritized as there is a shitload of demand and not enough supply.  They need to significantly expand vaccination sites, which they have not done as they are worried about equitable distribution.  Meanwhile, doses sit unused in parts other places because there is not the demand.  If you have doses that go unused, reallocate future shipments to places that do.  This isn't fucking hard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Penelope,
A good number of my friends in NYC had no issues getting jabbed. From their regular doctors to hospitals, Javits, even one of my friends walked into a CVS late and asked if they had any extra doses and got jabbed. A friend in Long Island booked and got and appointment at CVS within a week.

Well, that is great.  My doctor has not received any doses, and has no idea if they will.  They believe they probably will not due to the way the State and City are working to allocate.  Walgreens, CVS, and Rite-Aid have no first dose appointments available, and the pharmacies closest to me will not even sniff you without an appointment, which are the only ones it is convenient to go in and ask. 

Then lets talk about Javits.  I have an appointment for 8:30 in the AM on May 1 at Javits.  All the people I have talked to that have been at Javits say it will take 2-3 hours.  How is that efficient?

Sorry, but this vaccine rollout started out as a shitshow due to Trump, but it is still a shit show because they don't have a system in place for efficient allocation.  Sorry, but if there is not demand at a vaccination site, then for the next distreibution, that site should get less doses and those should go to another site.  Not enough demand in Staten Island?  Then close some of those sites and open up more in Brooklyn and Manhattan.  They have had ages to get ready for this vaccination drive, and it feels like amateur hour.

And yeah, I didn't want to cheat to get a vaccine.  I was ok to wait for my appointment, but when states started rescinding mask orders, I knew it was only a matter of time until those people traveled to NYC (and they are here - 5th Avenue and Times Square was teeming with them today, not wearing masks, hell, half our cops don't wear masks while on duty), so I said fuck it and started trying to get an appointment. It took me over a week to get the appointment, with about an hour a day waiting in virtual lines, etc...  I got one, but again, it was 7 weeks out.  This should be better done.  People shouldn't have to wait so long if they want the jab, and no one should have to go through extraordinary measures or pay anything to get the vaccine.  No one.

Not the claim.  I am saying NYC as a whole should be prioritized as there is a shitload of demand and not enough supply.  They need to significantly expand vaccination sites, which they have not done as they are worried about equitable distribution.  Meanwhile, doses sit unused in parts other places because there is not the demand.  If you have doses that go unused, reallocate future shipments to places that do.  This isn't fucking hard.
Fuck NYC. You get what the rest of us get, you don't get special priority. If you want a vaccine sooner than one month from now, you have the ability to make that happen. If you don't want it that bad, STFU about it.

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

She doesn't want to fucking leave Manhattan, don't you get it?  Because she pays taxes!  Lots of them!  She should get to cut in line in front of the poor people.

But yes, she should just rent a car or hop on a plane and be done with it.  

You are a moron.  I refuse to fly without a vaccine.  Why should I potentially expose myself.  

However, you miss the fucking point. NO ONE IN THE USA SHOULD HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO GET THIS VACCINE.  That means no paying for a flight, no renting a car.  Every pharmacy in NYC should have doses and they do not.

20 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You left out the part where you pay six figures in taxes and deserve access to vaccines because of it. Fuck you and crawl back down whatever god awful hole you came from. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Well, that is great.  My doctor has not received any doses, and has no idea if they will.  They believe they probably will not due to the way the State and City are working to allocate.  Walgreens, CVS, and Rite-Aid have no first dose appointments available, and the pharmacies closest to me will not even sniff you without an appointment, which are the only ones it is convenient to go in and ask. 
Then lets talk about Javits.  I have an appointment for 8:30 in the AM on May 1 at Javits.  All the people I have talked to that have been at Javits say it will take 2-3 hours.  How is that efficient?
Sorry, but this vaccine rollout started out as a shitshow due to Trump, but it is still a shit show because they don't have a system in place for efficient allocation.  Sorry, but if there is not demand at a vaccination site, then for the next distreibution, that site should get less doses and those should go to another site.  Not enough demand in Staten Island?  Then close some of those sites and open up more in Brooklyn and Manhattan.  They have had ages to get ready for this vaccination drive, and it feels like amateur hour.
And yeah, I didn't want to cheat to get a vaccine.  I was ok to wait for my appointment, but when states started rescinding mask orders, I knew it was only a matter of time until those people traveled to NYC (and they are here - 5th Avenue and Times Square was teeming with them today, not wearing masks, hell, half our cops don't wear masks while on duty), so I said fuck it and started trying to get an appointment. It took me over a week to get the appointment, with about an hour a day waiting in virtual lines, etc...  I got one, but again, it was 7 weeks out.  This should be better done.  People shouldn't have to wait so long if they want the jab, and no one should have to go through extraordinary measures or pay anything to get the vaccine.  No one.

Cry me a river about tourists. I've been dealing with them since last summer while you were shut down tighter than.... something really tight. Got a short break from Oct to Thanksgiving and then they were back. They are still here.

That's part of the deal when you live somewhere people like to visit.
  • Fuck You 1

You are a moron.  I refuse to fly without a vaccine.  Why should I potentially expose myself.  
However, you miss the fucking point. NO ONE IN THE USA SHOULD HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO GET THIS VACCINE.  That means no paying for a flight, no renting a car.  Every pharmacy in NYC should have doses and they do not.
Either you want it or you don't. You get to make that decision. Take charge of your own life.
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

You left out the part where you pay six figures in taxes and deserve access to vaccines because of it. Fuck you and crawl back down whatever god awful hole you came from. 

You are such a cunt.  Always have been, always will be.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

Fair enough. My buddy was in and out of Javits in 30. Not sure how long my other friend took there.
I expect that the shots will be much easier to come by in a month* or so.
* unless that J&J fuckup is worse than we thought.

Or you can go to Trump stronghold Ronkonkoma, LI for the jab, lol. That place is as bad as Odessa.

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Fair enough. My buddy was in and out of Javits in 30. Not sure how long my other friend took there.
I expect that the shots will be much easier to come by in a month* or so.
* unless that J&J fuckup is worse than we thought.

Or you can go to Trump stronghold Ronkonkoma, LI for the jab, lol. That place is as bad as Odessa.

Hard pass on Ronkonkoma.  

The folks I was talking to about Javits were in my building.  They said it took them about an hour to an hour and a half to get into Javits and then another hour in line.  They were the ones that encouraged me to just sign up.  They said no one was really checking documentation other than your appointment confirmation.  And that was before Cuomo opened it up to everyone over 30. 

10 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
17 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
You are such a cunt.  Always have been, always will be.

Yeah, but that's what you said. So how about owning it?

I own that I said I pay 6 figures in taxes, and that I expect not to have to pay extra money or have to take extraordinary measures to get jabbed.  

However, you and Struggle Bus both think that I meant that I deserve the vaccine over others.  Which is NOT what I said, or even fucking implied.  I meant that I expect that my government, who I fund, should try and a little harder, recognize that there is an issue, and work out a solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Penelope,

Stop ruining a perfectly reasonable thread asshole.

6 figures in taxes? how you doin?

Folks have been driving hundreds of miles across Texas to get the vax. I had to wait in line about an hour this week in Austin. 

Rather than assuming unmasked people in NYC are dumb fucks, try thinking they're fully vaxxed and be positive. If you're outside you really don't need a mask... 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Moderna shot almost killed a good friend's wife. She is 36 or 37 and in great health...or was. I'm not sure if it was 2 or 3 days ago, but her kidneys and liver began to fail and they had to move her from Tyler to Baylor medical in Dallas. She finally showed improvement yesterday and not yet out of the woods but it looks like she is going to live. 

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

The Moderna shot almost killed a good friend's wife. She is 36 or 37 and in great health...or was. I'm not sure if it was 2 or 3 days ago, but her kidneys and liver began to fail and they had to move her from Tyler to Baylor medical in Dallas. She finally showed improvement yesterday and not yet out of the woods but it looks like she is going to live. 

Woah. Dose 1 or 2?

C'mon, man. Sorry to hear but that has nothing to do with the vaccine.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I’m going to have to ask you to take any and all propaganda elsewhere. Thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, BradInATX said:
2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

C'mon, man

There are no adverse effects. The studies have already show that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

C'mon, man

You know the thing

8 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

So tell us how the moderna shot caused this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck both of you.

I expect to get a little fucking return for my taxes.  God fucking knows I don't get much, but asking for it not to take two fucking months to get a damned vaccine appointment isn't that hard.  

Signed someone who is secure in herself to not kowtow to a bunch of internet tough guys.

Lulz. Thinking you deserve more. You aren’t rich. I have had people in my network literally buy a company to accelerate their time to get a covid vaccine. 

most of these people had on demand covid test when none where available. If you have enough money and willing, it has been available. My friend group has been mixed on the morality. Half have stayed in their vacation home saying they refuse to use money to cut in line so they isolate while the other half literally buys a company to justify being priority 1 on the vaccine list. 

Edited by LABEVO

I get that this is hard for people to understand. I work in medicine, as did my wife, and I would’ve never thought vaccines could cause any problems. Then my son had a bad reaction to a vaccine. Fever and rash all over his body in the days immediately after. Almost immediate regression in speech and social skills. Ever since then multiple food allergies. Many years and tens of thousands of dollars of therapy to bring him back to being a “typical” kid.

I would’ve been a douche too before this happened to my family. But life can humble you. Again though tell me it’s impossible. 

Lulz. Thinking you deserve more. You aren’t rich. I have had people in my network literally buy a company to accelerate their time to get a covid vaccine. 

most of these people had on demand covid test when none where available. If you have enough money and willing, it has been available. My friend group has been mixed on the morality. Half have stayed in their vacation home saying they refuse to use money to cut in line so they isolate while the other half literally buys a company to justify being priority 1 on the vaccine list. 
Post a paycheck stub or GTFO
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I get that this is hard for people to understand. I work in medicine, as did my wife, and I would’ve never thought vaccines could cause any problems. Then my son had a bad reaction to a vaccine. Fever and rash all over his body in the days immediately after. Almost immediate regression in speech and social skills. Ever since then multiple food allergies. Many years and tens of thousands of dollars of therapy to bring him back to being a “typical” kid.

I would’ve been a douche too before this happened to my family. But life can humble you. Again though tell me it’s impossible. 

And I want to clarify. I think people should get the Vaccine. Especially elderly and high risk, but I never blow off people’s stories of vaccine issues anymore. Just how my experience has affected me. I know people asked earlier. Carry on.