Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

On 4/3/2021 at 1:05 AM, thepop said:

Pfizer 2 in the morning. Seems like most of the bad reactions have been Moderna 2, so i'm optimistic. Will update in 24 hours.

Fever and chills about 12 hours after. Popping a Tylenol and trying to sleep.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Pfizer 2 almost 24 hours later.  Absolutely no side effects.  Last night, I thought I was starting to feel off, but that could have been the bottle of wine or the fact that my wife had woken me up at 5AM for ... stuff.  When I press at the injection site, I can feel a tad bit of soreness, but nothing worse than how I feel after mowing the lawn.  I'll check on my wife when she gets up.

My SIL supposedly had a week's worth of reaction to #2, but she's a lazy, hypochondriac that is always looking for a reason to skip work.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Harris county public health coming through. My wife and I are getting the J&J one shot vaccine on Friday morning. Fuck yeah

Quoting you but for anyone getting the J&J vaccine, something I wish I would've been told beforehand, it's not like a normal flu shot (specifically in duration.) Expect the injection to last a solid 20-30 seconds after the needle enters. I mention this because I tensed up towards the end and ended up with a marble sized bump that had to be smoothed and massaged out over the next couple days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I had J&J and that was not my experience at all. It was the easiest shot I've ever recieved, the worst part was the alcohol wipe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had the same experience with J&J. Little to no side effects or arm soreness at the injection site. I really expected much more.

^^^

Same.  I waited for a J&J opening, and it finally opened up yesterday.  24 hours later no effects, nada.

I wonder if reactions to the vaccines have anything to do with having/not having antibodies.  Meaning those with no reaction got Covid asymptomatically in the past and have them, where those who were never exposed to Covid don't have them.

My wife was sick in March last year and she didn't test positive until a week or so after symptoms hit hard.  So I was fully exposed for an extended period but had nothing.

Who knows, just spitballin.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

^^^

Same.  I waited for a J&J opening, and it finally opened up yesterday.  24 hours later no effects, nada.

I wonder if reactions to the vaccines have anything to do with having/not having antibodies.  Meaning those with no reaction got Covid asymptomatically in the past and have them, where those who were never exposed to Covid don't have them.

My wife was sick in March last year and she didn't test positive until a week or so after symptoms hit hard.  So I was fully exposed for an extended period but had nothing.

I got Moderna 1 last Saturday and didn't have any side effects other than a sore arm for the next 48 hours. To my knowledge, never had COVID. So from a purely anecdotal standpoint I don't think you're far off.

Edited by Dijon Robinson
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

^^^

There is some correlation theorized, particularly with the first shot, as in a stronger reaction there is correlated with previous COVID infection. There was at least one study noting that possibility, and anecdotal reports as well. Of course, not everyone with a reaction to the first shot had COVID, and there's a wide range of reported side effects among those who were never infected/don't have antibodies. It isn't some hard and fast rule. I don't think there's a lot of certainty behind why the side effects can vary so widely.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:14 PM, Ron Swanson said:

About 10 hrs post Moderna #2.  So far just some soreness in the shoulder, just like with the 1st dose.

OK so at about 20-24 hrs post Moderna #2, I started to feel a bit fatigued and lethargic.  That progressed over the next 6 hrs to sore neck, slight headache, and perhaps low grade fever (I didn't take my temp).  Took some acetaminophen and now 5 hrs later I feel pretty much back to normal.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I had J&J and that was not my experience at all. It was the easiest shot I've ever recieved, the worst part was the alcohol wipe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, 3adays said:

I had the same experience with J&J. Little to no side effects or arm soreness at the injection site. I really expected much more.

3 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

^^^

I didn't have any side effects either. The only reason it happened was from me tensing up. In fact, I didn't even notice the bump until I felt a small, non continuous, itch at the injection site 2 days later. 

Just wanted to make that clear because I've been getting people registered left and right for the J&J shot. No one I know personally has had any side effects with it, including parents and grandparents. J&J is the troof!!

2nd Moderna jab. About 45 minutes later,, I was driving home and suddenly felt this overwhelming and irrestible urge to hear Matthew Sweet's power-pop ballad classic Girlfriend. Was it available for free on Amazon prime? Yes it was. Whereupon I rocked like it was 1991. I'm going to enter it into the FDA self report side effect database.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wait, when you all got your vaccine, did you have to climb into a machine that looked like this:

marvel-avengers-station_img_3578.jpg?w=3

And was there some German-sounding guy telling you that everything would be okay, but that the vaccine amplifies everything about you, and he was a real asshole as he started to offer you wine, and then said you couldn't have it because of the vaccine.  After you got it, which was agonizing as hell, did some British woman come up and touch your chest?

Also, did anybody shit blood for a few hours, and have some vicious fever dreams?

Got my Pfizer 2 on Friday at 10am. By 8 pm I was starting to get a fever. Ran over 102 until morning. Mild fever all day Saturday with headache. Hit 102 again during the night. Finally felt better later this morning around 10.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CleverNickname said:

2nd Moderna jab. About 45 minutes later,, I was driving home and suddenly felt this overwhelming and irrestible urge to hear Matthew Sweet's power-pop ballad classic Girlfriend. Was it available for free on Amazon prime? Yes it was. Whereupon I rocked like it was 1991. I'm going to enter it into the FDA self report side effect database.

And I thought my side effect was bad.

1 hour ago, CleverNickname said:

I liked that song back in 1991. I also was an idiot back then.

I got the J&J shot yesterday afternoon. Felt fine an hour after and went for a couple mile hike.

Got some chills and was running a low grade fever right around 11pm while laying on the couch watching a movie. A couple hours later when I went to bed I got really hot and had a hard time falling asleep. Felt ok today, just a little tired, some soreness in my arm, and some light muscle aches, but that could have been from the hike.

9 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Quoting you but for anyone getting the J&J vaccine, something I wish I would've been told beforehand, it's not like a normal flu shot (specifically in duration.) Expect the injection to last a solid 20-30 seconds after the needle enters. I mention this because I tensed up towards the end and ended up with a marble sized bump that had to be smoothed and massaged out over the next couple days. 

This was not my experience. The needle was only in my arm for a short time. It was over before I even had a chance to wince. I wasn't really counting but it couldn't have been more than 5 seconds.

Edited by Southland
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Southland said:

I got the J&J shot yesterday afternoon. Felt fine an hour after and went for a couple mile hike.

Got some chills and was running a low grade fever right around 11pm while laying on the couch watching a movie. A couple hours later when I went to bed I got really hot and had a hard time falling asleep. Felt ok today, just a little tired, some soreness in my arm, and some light muscle aches, but that could have been from the hike.

This was not my experience. The needle was only in my arm for a short time. It was over before I even had a chance to wince. I wasn't really counting but it couldn't have been more than 5 seconds.

Stopped reading at "got some Chili's".. Results invalid 

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Stopped reading at "got some Chili's".. Results invalid 

Maybe my sarcasm meter is off, but didn't mean to upset the grammar police while reporting my vaccine experience.

I had some chills and a low grade fever around 11pm on the day I received the vaccine.

Is that better?

I barely felt the J&J needle. Some of yall must be pussies.

This thread is a classic example of Surly hyperbole, sarcasm, exaggeration, and irony. The very reasons we come here and find this site so entertaining. Wait until some of the pussies here get the shingles (two dose) vaccine. 10x worse than the Pfizer.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Got the J&J on Friday at 2PM.  Drive thru event; took about 45 minutes including the 15 min wait after the shot.  No problems Friday after the shot.

Saturday was fine; felt great.  There was mild aching in the back of my shoulder.

Sunday the ache was gone from back of shoulder but I could still feel a little soreness in the muscle in my arm when I exerted myself.  However, Sunday afternoon I could tell there was something stirring; felt very tired and on the verge of getting chills or something but so far have not gotten to where I have felt ill.

Dunno if it's been posted, but Office Depot will laminate your vaccine card for free.  However, if the provider used a clear print label with some of the vaccine info on it, they recommend not laminating it because the heat from the machine will cause the entire label to blacken and be unreadable. I got my handwritten card laminated but my wife couldn't get hers laminated because H-E-B used a clear label  for the lot number data.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I received my 2nd Moderna on Wednesday - felt like crap on Thursday afternoon and evening.  Wife gets 2nd Pfizer this Friday.  18 yo daughter received her 1st Moderna on Friday.  16 yo daughter gets her 1st Pfizer on Wednesday.  Whole house will be fully vaccinated by the end of the month.

Lest there be anyone from densely populated urban centers that think vaccines are easy to come by in Texas - here's a breakdown of my experience with the vaccine system:

I spent 10+ hours getting my elderly mother vaccinated - driving to and from vaccine appointments; waiting two and a half hours for the second shot; a few hours signing up for various appointment schedulers, registering for lists, texting and emailing. 

I spent 6 or so hours getting my vaccination - driving 45 minutes to and from the appointment, twice; a few hours signing up for lists, monitoring websites, and emailing.

I spent 3-4 hours signing my wife up and refreshing websites to get her scheduled.  She will have spent 4 hours driving back and forth to her appointments.

I spent 3-4 hours signing my oldest daughter up, refreshing websites, and taking her to get her first shot.

I spent 3-4 hours signing my youngest daughter up, refreshing websites, and getting her scheduled.  I'll have to take at least 2 hours for each appointment to take her to get her shot.

So, I have spent over 30 hours getting everyone in my orbit scheduled and vaccinated.  Should it be easier than this - absolutely.  Have state and local governments bungled the vaccine roll out - in many ways.  I will sleep a little better knowing that I made the effort to get my family vaccinated and would do it again if need be.

*(no pics of elderly mother, wife, or daughters)

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, thepop said:

First dose usually does not have side effects besides sore arm.

Unless you've already had COVID.  If you HAVE already had COVID then-- anecdotally of course-- it's the first shot rather than the second that often seems to result in a reaction.

Note-- there is no peer-reviewed study that proves the above.  It's just something that appears to be happening based on reports here and elsewhere.

Just got the 2nd dose of Pfizer at NRG. Currently sitting in my car for the 15 minute wait before they let you leave.

heading straight for the gym (chest and triceps) so I’m hoping these new 5G microchips give me an extra boost.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Just got the 2nd dose of Pfizer at NRG. Currently sitting in my car for the 15 minute wait before they let you leave.

heading straight for the gym (chest and triceps) so I’m hoping these new 5G microchips give me an extra boost.

Depends on how close the cell tower is to your gym.  Sometimes, it helps to wrap your upper arm in foil to improve reception.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got Pfizer 1 on friday; zero side effects outside of a very sore arm around the jab site. Woke up on Saturday night because I was sleeping on my side and my arm hurt. Still slightly sore today.

I had COVID-19 in December, not too long ago.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

So dumb question. When these vaccine trackers say 20% are fully vaccinated and 32% are partially vaccinated, are those separate groups or are the fully vaccinated included in the latter. More simply, are these trackers saying we are 50% partially to fully vaccinated?

26 minutes ago, Orale said:

So dumb question. When these vaccine trackers say 20% are fully vaccinated and 32% are partially vaccinated, are those separate groups or are the fully vaccinated included in the latter. More simply, are these trackers saying we are 50% partially to fully vaccinated?

I read that as "32% are at least partially vaccinated" so that includes the population who are fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

Ok so my wife keeps hand-wringing that the J&J vaccine isn't as effective as the two-shot mRNA vaccines. I don't understand the concern, since we're both young and not at risk anyways, and the J&J was shown to be 100% effective at preventing hospitalization and serious illness

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Sitting in 15 minute detention after my Pfizer 5G injection. I was 20 min early for my appointment and they ran me right in. 10 minutes for all that. Injection 2 scheduled for April 26.

Super easy and fast, but they should be using a bigger facility. We're crammed in plenty.

35 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Ok so my wife keeps hand-wringing that the J&J vaccine isn't as effective as the two-shot mRNA vaccines. I don't understand the concern, since we're both young and not at risk anyways, and the J&J was shown to be 100% effective at preventing hospitalization and serious illness

You are correct. The main purpose here is to prevent hospitalization and serious illness. I joke about J&J but in reality i would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Team Swayze looking pretty good. Just about every adult in the family is vaccinated or has had the first shot. Both parents, both brothers, one SIL, my wife and my MIL in Brazil got her second shot today. Not sure why one SIL is refusing. Younger brother had an immediate but mild reaction to the first shot of Pfizer, but he is good now.