Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

This thread is a classic example of Surly hyperbole, sarcasm, exaggeration, and irony. The very reasons we come here and find this site so entertaining. Wait until some of the pussies here get the shingles (two dose) vaccine. 10x worse than the Pfizer.

My coworker ended up with the shingles Pfizer vaccine lol

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

This thread is a classic example of Surly hyperbole, sarcasm, exaggeration, and irony. The very reasons we come here and find this site so entertaining. Wait until some of the pussies here get the shingles (two dose) vaccine. 10x worse than the Pfizer.

Ha Ha, I've had shingles and I'm still willing to risk getting it again because of the horror stories I've heard about the vaccine

So dumb question. When these vaccine trackers say 20% are fully vaccinated and 32% are partially vaccinated, are those separate groups or are the fully vaccinated included in the latter. More simply, are these trackers saying we are 50% partially to fully vaccinated?

The fully vaccinated are included in the larger figure.

Ha Ha, I've had shingles and I'm still willing to risk getting it again because of the horror stories I've heard about the vaccine

I’ve had shingles as well (before the current vaccine was approved) and I was happy to get the Shingrix vaccine as soon as it came out. Topic for another thread but based on my experience with shingles and my friends that have both shingles and covid, I’m way more afraid of shingles than covid. If you’ve had chicken pox you really need to get the Shingrix vaccine. Probably should get it anyway.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

I’ve had shingles as well (before the current vaccine was approved) and I was happy to get the Shingrix vaccine as soon as it came out. Topic for another thread but based on my experience with shingles and my friends that have both shingles and covid, I’m way more afraid of shingles than covid. If you’ve had chicken pox you really need to get the Shingrix vaccine. Probably should get it anyway.

What were the side effects like with the Shingrix vaccine? Is it commonly administered, or am I going to have to make a concerted effort to find it? Thanks in advance...

Re: the COVID, 4 out of 5 in my house are vaccinated as of yesterday. Expecting the 14 yo to be able to go get his soon.

Edited by wood

One shot (Pfizer or however you spell it) last Tuesday down, go back to Walgreens on 27th for round 2.  Arm was sore was a little lethargic that evening and the next day, but overall no issues.  Ran 5miles the day after, but opted not to go to the gym b/c the arm was sore.  I sleep on my right side, so not looking forward to the next shot as this will suck if the soreness is anything like the first.

• Hook 'Em 1

What were the side effects like with the Shingrix vaccine? Is it commonly administered, or am I going to have to make a concerted effort to find it? Thanks in advance...
Re: the COVID, 4 out of 5 in my house are vaccinated as of yesterday. Expecting the 14 yo to be able to go get his soon.

Shingrix is recommended for people over 50. It is fairly effective-IIRC around 90% depending on your age. It was hard to find when it was first approved but it’s widely available now. Check your insurance. Some insurance policies will not cover it. My post Shingrix symptoms were similar to what I experienced post Pfizer covid vaccine (fever, chills, aches, etc.) just much worse. But, like the covid vaccine, it only lasted about 12 hours and i was fine although with Shingrix i had the same reaction to both shots not just the second one for the Pfizer covid vaccine. Also, the shot contains more stuff. It hurt going in and it took longer to administer. It seemed like they were injecting pancake syrup into my arm. And shots don’t usually bother me much. I gave myself allergy shots in my 20s.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We both had the shingles shots and didn’t have any side effect horror stories to report. Mrs. Brat had a pretty sore shoulder for five days that made sleeping on her side very uncomfortable, but that was about it. Mine was a little sore for a couple of days is all.

56 minutes ago, wood said:

Any CVS or Walgreens should have it.

Medicare covered ours.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

Isn't there an age requirement for the Shingles vaccine?  Sorry for further thread derailment.

Edit: kept reading.  Recommended for over 50 years old.  Won't be there for a while.

Edited by pearlandhorn

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Dunno if it's been posted, but Office Depot will laminate your vaccine card for free.  However, if the provider used a clear print label with some of the vaccine info on it, they recommend not laminating it because the heat from the machine will cause the entire label to blacken and be unreadable. I got my handwritten card laminated but my wife couldn't get hers laminated because H-E-B used a clear label  for the lot number data.

Worth noting that health officials are recommending people don't laminate their vaccination cards, as if future booster shots are necessary they would probably need to be recorded on the same card

Worth noting that health officials are recommending people don't laminate their vaccination cards, as if future booster shots are necessary they would probably need to be recorded on the same card

I have read the opposite. You will get a new card.

5 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

4 hours ago, midtown said:

I have read the opposite. You will get a new card.

Keeping my family's cards in a ziploc bag til you two figger this shit out.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Moderna 2 in sunny Alvarado, TX at 1pm.  I am peppering my angus.

About 18 hours in.  Injection arm got sore overnight, less so than first time and slower onset.  Also causing my opposite, injured shoulder to be sore.  Slept alright, but feel kind of thick this morning.  Took a tylenol just in case.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

8 hours is when it fucked me up. Left the dinner table and went straight to bed last night. Woke up this AM feeling better but still not 100%.

About 12 hours for me - woke up in the middle of the night with chills and a headache. And I didn’t even get a microchip. 

On 4/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, HouTex said:

yeah, I was going to blow off the shingles vax a few years ago, then I googled shingles. I got the vax like a week later.

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

7 hours into Pfizer 2. nada so far.

That's good news.  I get my 2nd Thursday, hoping to not have side effects.  Have to go back to the office next Monday, not looking forward to meeting with a bunch of people traveling in from 3 different countries in a conference room for a week.