Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

About 18 hours in.  Injection arm got sore overnight, less so than first time and slower onset.  Also causing my opposite, injured shoulder to be sore.  Slept alright, but feel kind of thick this morning.  Took a tylenol just in case.

Right about noon, so 23 hours in, I was kinda tired and bored so I lay down to read.  While lying there, about 24 in, I started to feel chilled and what was a sore arm and opposing shoulder turned into pretty solid body aches, but mostly only upper body.  Took another Tylenol and crashed some more.  Still very creaky and less than 100% but other than upper body aches, nothing really specific.

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Right about noon, so 23 hours in, I was kinda tired and bored so I lay down to read.  While lying there, about 24 in, I started to feel chilled and what was a sore arm and opposing shoulder turned into pretty solid body aches, but mostly only upper body.  Took another Tylenol and crashed some more.  Still very creaky and less than 100% but other than upper body aches, nothing really specific.

That’s the nanobots. They take samples of liver, kidneys and lungs. 

They report to Gates foundation and when Gates start selling body organs for transplant market they have customers all ready to go. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2nd Moderna shot 4 hours ago in Taylor.    So far so good.

The location in Taylor by appointments, but they are also taking walk-ins as they have about 100 extra shots a day for the next 2 days.  They are doing first and second shots.  I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.

If anyone wants to head to Taylor, just reply to this post and I will go find that address and post it.   

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted on the getting old sucks thread. Long story short, had chest pain and other symptoms that read like heart problems for 10 days. Figured it was stress until it got bad. Then it got real bad. Ended up in the ER nothing wrong, all tests came back clean as a whistle.  Left thinking pinched nerve or I’m just cray cray. Well turns out pericarditis (inflammation of the outer lining of the heart) is a rare side effect of moderna 2 and they are now starting to see it in Pfizer 2. Makes some sense, covid heart infection can cause it too.  Trying to get a follow up with a cardiologist who has noticed this in his consults in his hospital’s ER and is writing a paper on it.  They say it clears up on its own. Fucking hope so. I’m completely distracted with chest pain, shortness of breath, shoulder and neck pain, and dizziness.  Don’t know if anyone else had rare side effects but I guess I’m now a unicorn in another way. Meh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted on the getting old sucks thread. Long story short, had chest pain and other symptoms that read like heart problems for 10 days. Figured it was stress until it got bad. Then it got real bad. Ended up in the ER nothing wrong, all tests came back clean as a whistle.  Left thinking pinched nerve or I’m just cray cray. Well turns out pericarditis (inflammation of the outer lining of the heart) is a rare side effect of moderna 2 and they are now starting to see it in Pfizer 2. Makes some sense, covid heart infection can cause it too.  Trying to get a follow up with a cardiologist who has noticed this in his consults in his hospital’s ER and is writing a paper on it.  They say it clears up on its own. Fucking hope so. I’m completely distracted with chest pain, shortness of breath, shoulder and neck pain, and dizziness.  Don’t know if anyone else had rare side effects but I guess I’m now a unicorn in another way. Meh. 

Bruh.

I have had kind of the same type of thing. Started shortly after first Moderna shot, my doc said she figured it was nerve related and just take 800mg ibuprofen multiple times a day to see if it cleared up. I thought maybe it was pericarditis when i did some research. Seemed to go away but now that i got the 2nd shot its been back. I can press on the left side of my chest and there is a sharp pain. Doesn't hurt all the time, and the doc told me i was clear to exercise etc so i have been running and haven't croaked yet. I also thought maybe i was getting in my own head, but I am getting close to the point where I also want to go to a cardiologist and get firm confirmation i don't have a heart problem

50 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Bruh.

I have had kind of the same type of thing. Started shortly after first Moderna shot, my doc said she figured it was nerve related and just take 800mg ibuprofen multiple times a day to see if it cleared up. I thought maybe it was pericarditis when i did some research. Seemed to go away but now that i got the 2nd shot its been back. I can press on the left side of my chest and there is a sharp pain. Doesn't hurt all the time, and the doc told me i was clear to exercise etc so i have been running and haven't croaked yet. I also thought maybe i was getting in my own head, but I am getting close to the point where I also want to go to a cardiologist and get firm confirmation i don't have a heart problem

I cancelled all exercise for this week and next week.  the mind-fuck has been the worst part.  I'm dying, no I'm not dying I'm just making it up in my head, no it's real, but it's not going to kill me even though it feels like it.  that's the worst part.  I am guessing it will be gone as soon as I get confirmation.   NSAIDs are one of the treatments for it so yeah I'm on 800mg ibuprofen too.  The silver lining is I have a near complete heart check up at age 45 paid for by insurance and it came back clean.  They recommended a stress test/heart scan and so I'm hoping to get that and have a 100% full heart check up under my belt.

take care of yourself, if you want the check up, get it.

Edited by troph
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear that.

Have you ever had a heart scan or nuclear stress test before? Maybe the cardiologist should order one or both just to take a closer look. You do not want to mess around with symptoms like that.

Hope the discomfort dissipates ASAP.

12 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Sorry to hear that.

Have you ever had a heart scan or nuclear stress test before? Maybe the cardiologist should order one or both just to take a closer look. You do not want to mess around with symptoms like that.

Hope the discomfort dissipates ASAP.

Yes working on it. Hopefully that test next week. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wife and I go for our second Pfizer doses tomorrow. My wife has a 4G galaxy s9. For some reason, her phone decided to start going on the fritz right around when we got the first dose 3 weeks ago. We ended up having to get her a new phone (5G of course) yesterday.

Coincidence? I think not.

• Haha 2

My mother in law has lived with us for about 18 months. She is a gem. She also has lived most her life with one kidney, so we have been super cautious this past year.

Well, she and her friends, all vaccinated, are getting together for the first time in a long time today, a picnic lunch at her former housing complex.

I am content.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

That's good news.  I get my 2nd Thursday, hoping to not have side effects.  Have to go back to the office next Monday, not looking forward to meeting with a bunch of people traveling in from 3 different countries in a conference room for a week.

Yeah still no effects 24 hours later. Me and my mom have had the same exact experience. First shot gave us mild headache and tiredness for a couple days. Second shot nothing at all. One thing I would do different is get the shot on my other arm. I got it on the arm I sleep on and that makes it really sore at night.

9 hours ago, troph said:

Makes some sense, covid heart infection can cause it too.

Covid infection can absolutely cause cardiac inflammatory disease and we still don’t know how long this may last for some patients. There appears to be quite a bit of asymptomatic cardiac inflammation in adults who contract Covid.

it is a little bit unusual to see pericarditis after vaccination because the mechanism of inflammation from infection versus immunization is quite different.

Sometimes pericarditis is evident on EKG and MRI is actually your gold standard but most patients don’t have MRIs for diagnosis. We often diagnose pericarditis clinically. If this is a big concern with vaccination, then we really should be attempting to get cardiac MRIs on patients. 

Most pericarditis is self resolving and does not lead to any significant reduction of cardiac function by the way.

Edited by Newdoc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

wife and i got our second moderna shot 24 hours ago. I felt sleepy but that's it.

she woke me up at 5 saying her entire body hurt and she felt chills. Seemed to be running a fever. Gave her some advil and she's still asleep. My friend also experienced the same overnight,

Edited by El Tri

I just got Moderna #2 this morning (2 hours ago). 

On 4/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, Jerry Callo said:

So, I have spent over 30 hours getting everyone in my orbit scheduled and vaccinated.  Should it be easier than this - absolutely.  ...

About two weeks ago I finally convinced the holdouts in my orbit to get on the waitlist for vaccinations.  I felt like I had performed a Biblical miracle in getting my 83 y/o (w/high blood pressure) stubborn as hell father to agree.  He should be in the high priority category, but he hasn't been contacted yet for dose #1.  So I asked the nurse as I was getting my shot this morning about his status on the list.  My nurse went to talk to the head nurse at the mass vaccination site and I could hear bits of their conversation.  Head nurse said something like, "He should have brought his dad with him".  Anyway, they gave me their office number, said to call tomorrow (they'll be in the office all day tomorrow) and they will expedite him for an appointment on Friday.  Hopefully when I call tomorrow, I can check on the status for my other family members that are still waiting for shot #1.

• Hook 'Em 1

1.5 hours into pfizer dose 2, no symptoms yet or shoulder soreness yet. 

Fiancé got pfizer 2 last Friday and within 1 hour her shoulder was sore. 10 hours later she started to get chills, then got a pulsing headache from front of head to neck, followed by body aches, then was find roughly 30 hours after second dosage.

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

Covid infection can absolutely cause cardiac inflammatory disease and we still don’t know how long this may last for some patients. There appears to be quite a bit of asymptomatic cardiac inflammation in adults who contract Covid.

it is a little bit unusual to see pericarditis after vaccination because the mechanism of inflammation from infection versus immunization is quite different.

Sometimes pericarditis is evident on EKG and MRI is actually your gold standard but most patients don’t have MRIs for diagnosis. We often diagnose pericarditis clinically. If this is a big concern with vaccination, then we really should be attempting to get cardiac MRIs on patients. 

Most pericarditis is self resolving and does not lead to any significant reduction of cardiac function by the way.

thank you. no one seemed worried about it.  EKG didn't pick it up though.  I really don't think this is stress however.  I'm prone to high strung reactions - I'm just passionate and emotional by my nature. wear it on my sleeve, etc. and I've had those stress and anxiety chest pains, they are not like this.  trying to get in tomorrow for testing.

Ran into an interesting problem. A couple of weeks ago when the expansion to everyone 16+ was announced, I signed up my 17 year-old. He gets an appointment email last night, informs me, and confirms. Then he reads the consent form. Fuck. He got a meningococcal vaccination last week for college. You're supposed to wait at least two weeks after any other vaccination to get the covid vax. He noticed this while I was trying to deal with another problem, trying to figure out whether the location he was assigned actually has the Pfizer vaccine, (which is the only one cleared for his age range). No info in the appointment email and no info on the county website and no phone number to call. In the end, having to no show because of the two week waiting period between vaccines helps out and I'll just find a place with the Pfizer vax on my own.

@troph - thanks for sharing your experience.  I got Moderna shot #1 early March.  Wife had appt with a doctor a week or so later and while I was waiting for her, I got a blood pressure reading from one of those do it yourself machines where you sit down and put the arm in the cuff.  Reading showed high.  First time in my life I've ever had a high blood pressure reading.  A week later I'm at HEB pharmacy picking up a Rx for my wife.  I use their blood pressure machine to get another reading.  Roughly the same as the prior one.  Still high.  Damn.  So now I start noticing tightness in my chest here and there as the days go on.  Is it psychosomatic, or is it real?  I don't know, but a few days ago (maybe four days ago) I stopped drinking alcohol, started going to sleep earlier and started jogging a little bit every day (nice weather for it).  Now I read your post #1757 (after getting shot #2 this morning) and I'm freaking out man!  Your last post and @Newdoc 's post are comforting though.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, troph said:

thank you. no one seemed worried about it.  EKG didn't pick it up though.  I really don't think this is stress however.  I'm prone to high strung reactions - I'm just passionate and emotional by my nature. wear it on my sleeve, etc. and I've had those stress and anxiety chest pains, they are not like this.  trying to get in tomorrow for testing.

Good luck. I went through something similar about 5 years ago at age 45. First time it happened I was convinced I was having a heart attack. Ended up in the ER with an overnight hospital stay. Second time it happened I was convinced I was dying again. And it kept happening. Some episodes lasted for days. Long story short i went through the full battery of heart tests at Baylor St. Luke’s...... and clean bill of health. Best guess is I am prone to some sort of weird panic attack. Now when they happen I just pop an Ativan or trazadone and I’m good to go within about 30 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, troph said:

I can tell from the urban Meyer coaching search thread lol 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Apep said:

You're supposed to wait at least two weeks after any other vaccination to get the covid vax. 

(Pfizer vaccine study guinea pig here).......when I got my COVID vaccines September 23rd I asked specifically when I could get my flu vaccine, and was told 28 days....of course like anything else with this crap things might have changed

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, bernorange said:

@troph - thanks for sharing your experience.  I got Moderna shot #1 early March.  Wife had appt with a doctor a week or so later and while I was waiting for her, I got a blood pressure reading from one of those do it yourself machines where you sit down and put the arm in the cuff.  Reading showed high.  First time in my life I've ever had a high blood pressure reading.  A week later I'm at HEB pharmacy picking up a Rx for my wife.  I use their blood pressure machine to get another reading.  Roughly the same as the prior one.  Still high.  Damn.  So now I start noticing tightness in my chest here and there as the days go on.  Is it psychosomatic, or is it real?  I don't know, but a few days ago (maybe four days ago) I stopped drinking alcohol, started going to sleep earlier and started jogging a little bit every day (nice weather for it).  Now I read your post #1757 (after getting shot #2 this morning) and I'm freaking out man!  Your last post and @Newdoc 's post are comforting though.

I left the hospital with a resting heart rate of 51, BP at 118/79, blood ox at 99/100, etc. 

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

Good luck. I went through something similar about 5 years ago at age 45. First time it happened I was convinced I was having a heart attack. Ended up in the ER with an overnight hospital stay. Second time it happened I was convinced I was dying again. And it kept happening. Some episodes lasted for days. Long story short i went through the full battery of heart tests at Baylor St. Luke’s...... and clean bill of health. Best guess is I am prone to some sort of weird panic attack. Now when they happen I just pop an Ativan or trazadone and I’m good to go within about 30 minutes.

I don't think it's anxiety.  although my anxiety over it is surely making it a bit worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I left the hospital with a resting heart rate of 51, BP at 118/79, blood ox at 99/100, etc. 

I don't think it's anxiety.  although my anxiety over it is surely making it a bit worse.

Yeah I know. Mine isn’t anxiety either. You’ve seen my life lol. Lack of sleep will sometimes bring an attack on.

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

I went through chest pain with Covid last summer. Went to the ER because i wanted to make sure i wasn't having a heart attack or something. EKG didn't find anything wrong. Cardiologist thought it was pericarditis and prescribed meds, but soon after I got an ECG and it did not find pericarditis or anything else for that matter, so the cause of the pain was never found. Chest pain didn't last long, but 10 months later i still have heart palpitations, and my cardiologist says i dont need a heart doctor anymore. Hopefully the palpitations go away someday. Wonder if i should get an MRI.

Edited by thepop

I'm about 18 hours in from Pfizer 2 and definitely feel it. Nothing major, but definitely dragging the day out and generally unpleasant. Serving as a good reminder of what sick actually feels like and that a lot of my worry over every little thing going on with my body was hypochondria.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thepop said:

I went through chest pain with Covid last summer. Went to the ER because i wanted to make sure i wasn't having a heart attack or something. EKG didn't find anything wrong. Cardiologist thought it was pericarditis and prescribed meds, but soon after I got an ECG and it did not find pericarditis or anything else for that matter, so the cause of the pain was never found. Chest pain didn't last long, but 10 months later i still have heart palpitations, and my cardiologist says i dont need a heart doctor anymore. Hopefully the palpitations go away someday. Wonder if i should get an MRI.

A couple of years ago I had a regular checkup appointment with my cardiologist that included the standard ekg. Got a good all ok that afternoon, then 10 hours later I was in the hospital ER being treated for a heart attack. 
just sayin’

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

A couple of years ago I had a regular checkup appointment with my cardiologist that included the standard ekg. Got a good all ok that afternoon, then 10 hours later I was in the hospital ER being treated for a heart attack. 
just sayin’

Your cardiologist seems like he sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Any tips on the Austin Public Health site at Burger Center?  My dose #2 Moderna appointment is at 2:30 today.  Email says don't arrive more than 1 hour early.  So, does the line move well or is there some reason to show up early?  I can't really see what the difference would be.  If it takes an hour to get through the line, then it's not a 2:30 appt, it's a 3:30 appt.  Getting there at 1:30 would just push to . . . 2:30?

APH's communication sucks ass.  (Got my 17 YO son an 11 AM Pfizer appt yesterday at Far West HEB, and he was out by 11:05.  I may regret this APH appt.)

Edited by jimmyjazz

Anybody else...in the week after their second shot, get really constipated?  And then take 7 alarmingly large (but solid, no diarrhea) dumps in 48 hours and some of your clothes even fit weird now?  Like you're on the digestive equivalent of the rollercoaster that was "Mad Men"?  Friends become enemies, enemies become friends. 

I mean yeah, me neither.  Just asking for a friend.  

They must have just about vaccinated everyone in Houston who is willing to get it.  I signed up my son (senior in HS) on the Harris County web site last weekend.  Then I found a spot at the Kroger down the road and got him an appointment for Friday (Pfizer #1).  I just got a text from Harris County that he has a spot for The J&J shot.  The Harris County site must have switched because they were only only giving out Pfizer when my mom and I got ours.  I need to decide which one to get him.