Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

33 minutes ago, Brew said:

I’m sure my wife will be calling and bumping up my life insurance based on the cardio issues and us having round 2 of Pfizer in a week. That already isn’t my strong suit.

So contact her when we need a new banner or to replenish the wreath fund? 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Any tips on the Austin Public Health site at Burger Center?  My dose #2 Moderna appointment is at 2:30 today.  Email says don't arrive more than 1 hour early.  So, does the line move well or is there some reason to show up early?  I can't really see what the difference would be.  If it takes an hour to get through the line, then it's not a 2:30 appt, it's a 3:30 appt.  Getting there at 1:30 would just push to . . . 2:30?

Summary:  showing up early could not make much difference in the total time on site.  I was about 10 minutes early and got my shot 22 minutes after I hit the line.  It's a very organized drive-thru thing.  They do force everyone into the 15 minute observation corral afterwards.  Basically, once you turn in the lot, you're trapped.  It was about 40 minutes-ish in and out.  Nice peeps, too.

If you show up more than an hour early, they threaten to make you wait elsewhere.

For those doing a drive-through, be sure to put your car in park after the shot while you wait. I know of a guy who had a reaction during the wait and passed out. His car was not in park. Luckily, no one was injured but his car was fucked up.

Got my first Moderna shot last Thursday. My arm hurt for a few days, but that's about it. Nothing too bad that I couldn't work out.

Based on what some of are saying, I'll be on the lookout for any heart problems. I had heart palpitations 2 years ago and BP was something crazy like 180/130. It's back to 125/75 range now. 

So far the guys I've known who have gotten the 2nd Moderna shot did okay. The women who got it went down hard. Guess I'll be taking care of the wife for a few days next month.

48 minutes ago, HouTex said:

For those doing a drive-through, be sure to put your car in park after the shot while you wait. I know of a guy who had a reaction during the wait and passed out. His car was not in park. Luckily, no one was injured but his car was fucked up.

At Burger they are adamant that you put the car in park and turn off the power.  I don't blame them.

Second Pfizer vaccine a couple of hours ago (San Diego).  Only experienced  a little injection site discomfort with the first injection. I am hoping for the same mild reaction with the second dose given today. 

Thanks again to all of the healthcare workers on the frontline in this pandemic. You all are heroes. 

I tip my hat to you! | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Any of you fuckers need an appointment? Seems like everyone is good. I've become a wiz at beating the bots for HEB appointments in Austin. Feel free to message me if you need one and I should be able to hep.

Edited by Pasken
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Any of you fuckers need an appointment? Seems like everyone is good. I've become a wiz at beating the bots for HEB appointments in Austin. Feel free to message me if you need one and I should be able to hep.

I’m getting my 2nd next week but I’m curious how you are beating the bots at Heb. That was frustrating when I first started looking

Got my first Pfizer at the BS&W out in Marble Falls this morning. Had a nice drive out via 1431, was checked in & processed quickly, got my 2nd appt scheduled for May 5th and was out the door in under 30 minutes. I've spent the evening filling out forms on APH, Wilco HD, Family Health, etc letting them know I've been taking care of & that they can take me off their notification list (which it feels like they've already done, to be honest).

In May I'll plan my trip accordingly and stop at the Bluebonnet Cafe for some breakfast on the way in.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

I’m getting my 2nd next week but I’m curious how you are beating the bots at Heb. That was frustrating when I first started looking

I'm fast and accurate with a mouse. Just got round rock tomorrow and offering to people on my list.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got my second Moderna at 330 today. Technically a day early, but this is the day the pharmacy gave me and they didn’t have any other options for now. Shoulder is already pretty sore, but I made sure not to get it on the side I sleep on this time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/6/2021 at 5:16 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Right about noon, so 23 hours in, I was kinda tired and bored so I lay down to read.  While lying there, about 24 in, I started to feel chilled and what was a sore arm and opposing shoulder turned into pretty solid body aches, but mostly only upper body.  Took another Tylenol and crashed some more.  Still very creaky and less than 100% but other than upper body aches, nothing really specific.

Slept alright despite the sore shoulders.  Woke up feeling mostly fine, but still achey in the shoulders at 36 hours in.  By 10 or 11, I was pretty much good to go, slight twinges in both shoulders.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pasken said:

H‑E‑B is overloaded with appointments now.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

11 hours and exactly the same as you. I've been moving boxes all evening too and even the arm doesn't feel as bad as #1. We'll see how the next 36 hours go.

Exact same here so far. Made it through the night. #1 dose woke me from my sleep if I rolled on it. This dosage not so much. 

It took 18 hours for Pfizer 2 to knock me on my ass. Decommissioned me for about another 18 hours. Couldn't regulate my body temperature to the point where my nail beds were starting to turn purple. Just couldn't hold onto body heat, then it went the other direction and gave me a low grade fever for the last 6 hours.

16 hours ago, Superhero said:

Got my first Moderna shot last Thursday. My arm hurt for a few days, but that's about it. Nothing too bad that I couldn't work out.

Based on what some of are saying, I'll be on the lookout for any heart problems. I had heart palpitations 2 years ago and BP was something crazy like 180/130. It's back to 125/75 range now. 

So far the guys I've known who have gotten the 2nd Moderna shot did okay. The women who got it went down hard. Guess I'll be taking care of the wife for a few days next month.

Our situation is just the opposite. Neither of us had much discomfort after the first but we are 24 hrs post-2nd and my arm is so sore I can't raise it. She has nothing but injection site itching. Several of my co-workers, vaxxed at the same time as I was, are having chills and body aches. Crazy the way the results are all over the place.

Edited by Shoxthemonkey
Moderna

Got Moderna #2 yesterday.  Slept 2 hours last before fever brain prevented further sleep.  Went back to bed around 5am and got maybe 2 more hours of sleep.  Fever symptoms have abated, but I feel slightly light headed and dizzy if I move around to quickly.  Shoulder is sore but doesn't really bother me.  I can deal with pain.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:22 AM, El Tri said:

wife and i got our second moderna shot 24 hours ago. I felt sleepy but that's it.

she woke me up at 5 saying her entire body hurt and she felt chills. Seemed to be running a fever. Gave her some advil and she's still asleep. My friend also experienced the same overnight,

My wife started going into labor at 5 with our first kid and let me sleep in until 7. Tell your wife that.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:

14 hours after second Moderna and only have a sore arm, which isn't nearly as bad as the first. I also took 2 shits since the shot, but that's normal.

Funny you should mention shit, but my bowel movements were "off" for a few days after Moderna #2. Nothing terrible, but it was the most lasting of all the side effects (if they were indeed side effects) for me. I hadn't been eating anything unusual other than yellow curry chicken a little over 24 hours after the shot. That's what I first thought it was, but it lingered for a few more.

5 hours ago, Eastwood said:

It took 18 hours for Pfizer 2 to knock me on my ass. Decommissioned me for about another 18 hours. Couldn't regulate my body temperature to the point where my nail beds were starting to turn purple. Just couldn't hold onto body heat, then it went the other direction and gave me a low grade fever for the last 6 hours.

This was my experience as well. But I normally have body temp issues when ill or if I had too much to drink.

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

2nd Puh-fizer at about 10am. . .2 hours later and I just felt a wave of. . .something.

Puh-fizered at same time today.  CVS in Bastrop. Arm is not even sore, but I have been doing shoulder mobilization drills for 3 weeks.  Felt a little warm about 2 hours ago, but I was outside in the sun doing some unloading of materials stuff. 

Pro tip: Might milk some faux pain and suffering to get out of mowing the lawn tonight if I don't have actual pain and suffering. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 hours past Moderna #2, not much going on.  A little arm soreness, and I got pretty chilled at the 14 hour mark, making it a little hard to sleep from 4 AM - 8 AM, but that faded, too.

Body temp measured a tiny bit higher than usual (98 F), but I always run low.

After a week of checking all local Pharmacies and never seeing any available appointments, I finally checked the APH site on Monday morning and set an appointment for Tuesday Morning at the Delco Center.   

While I absolutely think the city of Austin is screwed up in a million ways, I will give them Props for running this smoothly.  I was directed to a parking spot, where to get in line, and then the line barely stopped moving...It was Chick-fil-a efficient.

I also liked the fact that the CDC vSafe program is A) optional and B) website based and not an App that needs to be installed.   I think I saw that only about 17% of people who get the vaccines are doing the vSafe program....low, but still more than enough to 'see' a problem.

I live in Massachusetts, in the suburbs of Boston, about 10 miles outside of the city. Mass has had a pretty high right of vaccine acceptance, with 80+% of vaccines being reported as used. This has caused vaccine roll out to feel slow here. While some states have had everyone eligible for a few weeks, that won't happen here until the 19th. Phase 2 has felt like a slow slog with a 5 tiered approach that has been running since Feb.

However, with tier 5 of Phase 2 finally opening up Monday, that opened it up to a lot of people, you need 1 condition of being "at risk" and they lowered the BMI from 30 to 25, making a lot more people eligible, including me.

So today I got the Johnson & Johnson 1 shot. I have to admit, it was one of the more unpleasant shots I had recently. Smarted as they injected it. But 6 hours, nothing yet. We will see how I wake up in the morning. But so far so good.

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

admit, it was one of the more unpleasant shots I had recently. Smarted as they injected it. But 6 hours, nothing yet. We will see how if you wake up in the morning. But so far so good.

Fixed.

• Haha 1

Also got the single dose J&J this afternoon about 1pm in Rosenberg, (almost ten hours now).

Slight injection site soreness but not bad. If it's going to give me any flu symptoms, they'll have to be pretty bad to even notice over the tree pollen allergies.