Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

8 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I live in Massachusetts, in the suburbs of Boston, about 10 miles outside of the city. Mass has had a pretty high right of vaccine acceptance, with 80+% of vaccines being reported as used. This has caused vaccine roll out to feel slow here. While some states have had everyone eligible for a few weeks, that won't happen here until the 19th. Phase 2 has felt like a slow slog with a 5 tiered approach that has been running since Feb.

However, with tier 5 of Phase 2 finally opening up Monday, that opened it up to a lot of people, you need 1 condition of being "at risk" and they lowered the BMI from 30 to 25, making a lot more people eligible, including me.

So today I got the Johnson & Johnson 1 shot. I have to admit, it was one of the more unpleasant shots I had recently. Smarted as they injected it. But 6 hours, nothing yet. We will see how I wake up in the morning. But so far so good.

Woke up. Feel lightly hungover. No fever yet that I know of. Might have had one at night. But I feel like I had 1 too many beers last night. My arm is lightly sore too, maybe a 1-2 range scale of 10, droning not painful.

I’m about 15 hours in now. 

20 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Woke up. Feel lightly hungover. No fever yet that I know of. Might have had one at night. But I feel like I had 1 too many beers last night. My arm is lightly sore too, maybe a 1-2 range scale of 10, droning not painful.

One quick note, though may not mean anything: this week before my shot I was hydrating like heck. I was also drinking emergen-c daily. This was all in preparation for this. Does it mean anything? Who knows, but it couldn’t have hurt. 

Did any of you have vivid fever dreams the first night?

2nd dose yesterday AM, and I had stephen king quality nightmares that were so real. Good lord, if I could have recorded them I'd have written a screenplay they were so realistic.  I stabbed a zombie in the neck like 5 times and he didn't die, and I had a device that would download the content of other peoples cell phones using just their phone number.  When I got up and put on my khaki shorts and belt this morning, I remembered wearing them in the dream, my J&M dress belt weighed down with a massive .44 revolver.

I may need to also back off of the Valerian root.  That stuff makes me dream but not as intense as last night.

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

2nd dose yesterday AM, and I had stephen king quality nightmares that were so real. Good lord, if I could have recorded them I'd have written a screenplay they were so realistic.  I stabbed a zombie in the neck like 5 times and he didn't die, and I had a device that would download the content of other peoples cell phones using just their phone number.  When I got up and put on my khaki shorts and belt this morning, I remembered wearing them in the dream, my J&M dress belt weighed down with a massive .44 revolver.

I may need to also back off of the Valerian root.  That stuff makes me dream but not as intense as last night.

Minor deviation because your post fascinated me -- I've been taking melatonin for the past few months because, while not a terrible sleeper, my quality of sleep these days has not been as good as in the past.  Holy shit do I get some intense and vivid dreams, usually like some epic action/horror movie. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Got my second Moderna about an hour ago.  So far so good.  My arm isn't even sore so far.  I'm so glad to finally have it done.  Worst case scenario is that I feel like shit over the next day or two so I just lay in bed and watch The Masters.  Best case scenario is I feel great, drink whiskey all weekend, and watch The Masters. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Had my second Moderna 10 am Wednesday. I was fine until about 7 when I started feeling tired and my eyes burned like I had been awake for 24 hrs. It got worse ans the night progressed, sore muscles, aching joints, mild headache, and low grade fever all night. Finally forced myself out of bed about 1 yesterday afternoon and gradually got better as the day went on. Today only lingering effect is low stamina.

My wife got her second shot a week before me and only had very mild symptoms.

Edited by Kilgorehorn

Minor deviation because your post fascinated me -- I've been taking melatonin for the past few months because, while not a terrible sleeper, my quality of sleep these days has not been as good as in the past.  Holy shit do I get some intense and vivid dreams, usually like some epic action/horror movie. 
If you have sustained periods of poor sleep with minimal dreaming, sometimes your brain will "make up for it" when you start getting consistent good sleep through a process called REM Rebound. That's where your brain crams more REM sessions, the period of time in which you dream, into a night a sleep. More dreams increases your chances of nightmares and also increases the possibility in which you wake up while you are in the middle of a dream, making it more memorable and vivid.
  • Hook 'Em 1

cardiologist report - 98% certain my heart is fine (took another ekg reading) - said most of his patients come in with symptoms and don't have heart problems.  Last step with him is stress test with an echo in 10 days.  he said everything else after the heart muscle is ruled out is no biggie - pericarditis, pleurisy, muscle/skeletal, pinched nerve, stress/anxiety.  said he wasn't sure about my BP it was high but that could be from a lot of things including the physical distress, anxiety, being there, etc. so I'm supposed to monitor that.  bought a monitor and will have it tomorrow.  he did confirm they are seeing odd symptoms like mine after vaccines and he will want to explore that if the echo shows an issue.  said if the heart is ruled out and it goes away then no big deal. if it persists we can keep looking.  I told him I thought it was getting better, but then after I left I had a major episode again.  distressing like a mfer.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, troph said:

cardiologist report - 98% certain my heart is fine (took another ekg reading) - said most of his patients come in with symptoms and don't have heart problems.  Last step with him is stress test with an echo in 10 days.  he said everything else after the heart muscle is ruled out is no biggie - pericarditis, pleurisy, muscle/skeletal, pinched nerve, stress/anxiety.  said he wasn't sure about my BP it was high but that could be from a lot of things including the physical distress, anxiety, being there, etc. so I'm supposed to monitor that.  bought a monitor and will have it tomorrow.  he did confirm they are seeing odd symptoms like mine after vaccines and he will want to explore that if the echo shows an issue.  said if the heart is ruled out and it goes away then no big deal. if it persists we can keep looking.  I told him I thought it was getting better, but then after I left I had a major episode again.  distressing like a mfer.

Just in time to start drinking for the weekend!

Seriously, glad it looks like this will pass.  This board is better when you're not dead.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Just in time to start drinking for the weekend!

Seriously, glad it looks like this will pass.  This board is better when you're not dead.

the other day I thought I don't know if I can handle this place when we all start dropping like flies.  you know that day is coming.  furk.

Second Moderna on Wednesday.  The shot itself was painless, and other than a sore arm I felt fine the rest of the day. Thursday I felt like crap.  I just hurt all over and was exhausted and wound up sleeping about 12 hours last night.  Today I feel fine, although I'm still a little tired despite a ridiculous amount of sleep.

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

That’s the Astrazenaca I thought, which isn’t available me here.

That was a cursory google on my part, so I'm not sure, the article I referenced is paywalled, makes it sound like they both have this issue. 

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/949048#:~:text=Thromboembolic Events with J%26J%2FJanssen,One of them was fatal.

In addition to the unusual blood clots linked to the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, which have received extensive attention in the past couple of weeks, other safety signals are also being investigated with this vaccine, and now with Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine as well, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) reports.

(snip, don't know what else it says)

I retract my prior characterization of J&J.

2 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

That was a cursory google on my part, so I'm not sure, the article I referenced is paywalled, makes it sound like they both have this issue. 

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/949048#:~:text=Thromboembolic Events with J%26J%2FJanssen,One of them was fatal.

I retract my prior characterization of J&J.

FWIW I did find a bloomberg article that out of 5 million shots in arms in the US, three recipients did have the described bloodclotting so there's some minor risk there. But I'm ok with risking a less than one in a million problem to protect myself from severe COVID illness. And I just got the J&J shot this morning too so that ship's already sailed lol

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

FWIW I did find a bloomberg article that out of 5 million shots in arms in the US, three recipients did have the described bloodclotting so there's some minor risk there. But I'm ok with risking a less than one in a million problem to protect myself from severe COVID illness. And I just got the J&J shot this morning too so that ship's already sailed lol

Is it sailing towards a beautiful, warm light?  Do you hear the voices of long-gone loved ones calling out to you from the horizon?  

Does anyone know if you can get a vaccination shot, if you're in an eligible group in both your home state and the state you're visiting, in another state?  My SIL is coming from Kansas where she refused the vaccine (long story on another thread), and her sisters want to convince her to do it while they're all here together in person with her nieces and parents.  I think she'll fold and take it after my daughter asks her to do it, and after she realizes the deceit of the Tuskegee Study doesn't really effect pale Catholics from Western Kansas.  Like I would think there's people in Kansas City, MO who hop over to KS to get the shot at work one day and vice-versa.  Can an out-of-stater get one in Texas?  

Wife(no pics)got the J&J Wednesday around noon and about 7 she was in the bed with chills and low fever. Didn’t sleep much that night and was feeling better around noon on Thursday but started tiring out later that night. Feels pretty good today.

I get my Pfizer #2 in a couple weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Was it a Ruger .44?

B05D9260-3DB5-439E-8448-EF06C86F7BA2.jpeg

11 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

At hour 27 of J&J much of the same. Still feels like someone punched me in the arm this morning, but all in all no major side effects yet (KOW).

My neighbor said a buddy of his got J&J and hit a wall around this time, so we will see. 

One note - I did leave out - I did have to get up to piss around 4:30 AM, I did feel like the bad flu then. Whole body ache, my eyes hurt, the works. I didn’t  check my temp at the time so no clue on that.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, troph said:

Did cards discuss utility of cardiac MRI to help diagnose you?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2104840?query=featured_home

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2104882?query=featured_home

Ol HemeDoc is pretty happy that it seems the AZ vaccine (articles above) won’t be getting approved here in the US.  I don’t want to deal with clots and low platelets any more than I already do

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Heme Doc said:

Did cards discuss utility of cardiac MRI to help diagnose you?

Nope he said if the echo is clean its not the heart muscle or pericarditis. Said we could do a CT scan but he didn’t think it necessary. To be fair I told him it was getting better and I think it might be. One really bad episode today, three on Wednesday, one maybe two yesterday. Minor episodes still come and go.  It may stay a mystery.  Vax related maybe, stress maybe, don’t think the other stuff is really likely. Who the heck knows. 

11 hours ago, Hate said:

10 hours into the second shot and no side effects. My arm isn’t really even as sore as the first shot. I’m waiting until 9 and if I don’t feel any side effects I’m going start drinking.

Last night about 24 hours after my 2nd I started running a slight fever (99.8) but didn’t really feel bad.  Went to sleep and it’s gone this morning.  My arm wasn’t as sore as the first either, although it swelled a little bit.