Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

15 hours ago, troph said:

Nope he said if the echo is clean its not the heart muscle or pericarditis. Said we could do a CT scan but he didn’t think it necessary. To be fair I told him it was getting better and I think it might be. One really bad episode today, three on Wednesday, one maybe two yesterday. Minor episodes still come and go.  It may stay a mystery.  Vax related maybe, stress maybe, don’t think the other stuff is really likely. Who the heck knows. 

Well, you are in the midst of building a house, so that can be a stress source.

15 hours ago, troph said:

Nope he said if the echo is clean its not the heart muscle or pericarditis. Said we could do a CT scan but he didn’t think it necessary. To be fair I told him it was getting better and I think it might be. One really bad episode today, three on Wednesday, one maybe two yesterday. Minor episodes still come and go.  It may stay a mystery.  Vax related maybe, stress maybe, don’t think the other stuff is really likely. Who the heck knows. 

Have they given you anything? Like I said the other day Ativan works miracles for me. Ask the doc for a prescription. If it’s truly nothing physical I’ll bet you dinner in CR that it will work for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Last night about 24 hours after my 2nd I started running a slight fever (99.8) but didn’t really feel bad.  Went to sleep and it’s gone this morning.  My arm wasn’t as sore as the first either, although it swelled a little bit.  

I had a good sized knot on my arm last night but it didn’t really hurt. I feel pretty normal today except I’m a little tired. That may be because I stayed up drinking until 1:30 last night though.

6 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Last night about 24 hours after my 2nd I started running a slight fever (99.8) but didn’t really feel bad.  Went to sleep and it’s gone this morning.  My arm wasn’t as sore as the first either, although it swelled a little bit.  

https___s3-images.ladbible.com_s3_content_6be50ed15a2ac27a8dcd16ad7dcff85c.jpeg

Got both of my Pfizer doses at CVS, but there was a computer SNAFU because 3 people have a similar name in my county. They deleted my profile, but also deleted my follow-up. It was megahassle, but I wound up getting both Pfizer doses and zero side effects.

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

Have they given you anything? Like I said the other day Ativan works miracles for me. Ask the doc for a prescription. If it’s truly nothing physical I’ll bet you dinner in CR that it will work for you.

Nope just ibuprofen at this point. I guess I could have asked for something but I didn’t.  Today was a really good day, so I’ll see how it plays out. I’m happy to be the loser at dinner in CR. 🙂

So it's been six days since Moderna 2.  I continue to be a little creaky in the joints and vaguely sore, like after a vigorous game of basketball.  I have been reasonably active, but nothing that should make me sore.  And while I'm not gasping for breath or anything, I seem to have a reduced tolerance for exercise (my mountain bike rides have been somewhat unusually short).  I seem to be sleeping alright, but when I wake up it feels like I slept funny, like I was contorted or something.

Not a huge deal, and it will probably pass, but the vaccine is the only thing I can attribute it to.  It could be the combination of allergies and the immune response, but I haven't been having the nasal symptoms that usually accompany allergies.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So it's been six days since Moderna 2.  I continue to be a little creaky in the joints and vaguely sore, like after a vigorous game of basketball.  I have been reasonably active, but nothing that should make me sore.  And while I'm not gasping for breath or anything, I seem to have a reduced tolerance for exercise (my mountain bike rides have been somewhat unusually short).  I seem to be sleeping alright, but when I wake up it feels like I slept funny, like I was contorted or something.

Not a huge deal, and it will probably pass, but the vaccine is the only thing I can attribute it to.  It could be the combination of allergies and the immune response, but I haven't been having the nasal symptoms that usually accompany allergies.

I have woken up with a headache that goes away by lunch every morning since Pfizer 2. Usually don't have any problems with headaches. Been a weird week.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dr. Scott Gottlieb said Tuesday that people should be "cautious not to overinterpret" the Food and Drug Administration's decision to temporarily halt use of Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus vaccine.

"Let's start with what the FDA didn't do," Gottlieb, the former FDA commissioner and current member of Pfizer's board of directors, said on CNBC's "Squawk Box." "They didn't revoke the emergency use authorization. They didn't order this off the market."

"This was a requested pause, which is an awkward regulatory step but I think it reflects the level of caution on their part to not to appear to act too forcefully here," he said of the decision, which came after six women, out of millions vaccinated, developed blood clots.

But Gottlieb predicted that the move will nonetheless "fuel the hesitancy" from some people to get a Covid vaccine.

"Even if there isn't a causal relationship, even if this is exceedingly rare, I think we're going to see that whole conversation now get ignited on social media," he said.

The single-dose vaccine is being paused "out of an abundance of caution" after six women in the U.S. developed a rare blood clotting disorder following their vaccinations, the FDA said Tuesday morning. All of those cases occurred in women between the ages of 18 and 48, with symptoms developing six to 13 days after they received the shot.

Nearly 7 million doses of J&J's vaccine have been administered, making the adverse events "extremely rare," the FDA stressed in a joint statement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/13/scott-gottlieb-cautions-against-overreaction-to-johnson-johnson-covid-vaccine-pause.html

29 minutes ago, 3adays said:

Great! My wife and I got our J&J shot 11 days ago. Now I get at least 3 days of hearing her talk about how she’s feeling blood clots forming 

It's only been 4 days since our J&J shots, and my wife is already freaking out and stressing out about it. "I didn't even WANT to get this one...." And all her coworkers are asking her about it and making her stress more, so its all just happy fun times.

Fucking hell, it's almost like the year-long concerted disinformation campaign against vaccines and treatment and COVID containment has had a caustic effect on the overall dialogue...