Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Signed wife up for Monday for shot 1. She wasn’t opposed but no way she was going to bother scheduling it for herself- she was going to “wait until her doctors office had the shot when she was already there or something”. 
walgreens all over my hood had appointments out the ass. We’ve basically gotten to the point now if you want it and put the slightest effort into signing up you will have it. That seems to have happened in the past week around here?  6 or 8 weeks from now everyone that wants to be done should be done. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Signed wife up for Monday for shot 1. She wasn’t opposed but no way she was going to bother scheduling it for herself- she was going to “wait until her doctors office had the shot when she was already there or something”. 
walgreens all over my hood had appointments out the ass. We’ve basically gotten to the point now if you want it and put the slightest effort into signing up you will have it. That seems to have happened in the past week around here?  6 or 8 weeks from now everyone that wants to be done should be done. 

Where do you live? This certainly hasn't been my experience in Austin, through this week.  Already had two cancellation/fuckups of trying to get the vaccine.

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Where do you live? This certainly hasn't been my experience in Austin, through this week.  Already had two cancellation/fuckups of trying to get the vaccine.

Houston suburb. I got the shot at reliant on Thursday. That was after signing up for county and waiting for them to get back to me. When it became apparent wife wasn’t going to sign up in her own I went to the vaccine finder site and it found a ton of places and they all had appointments available immediately. Not only did they have appointments immediately but some of them had dozens. 
It looks to me like we’ve reached the point in this thing where anyone that cares to sign up is going to be taken care of pretty quickly. If not now in your neighborhood I’d bet shortly thereafter. 

On 4/13/2021 at 9:59 AM, Wiler77 said:

Had J&J last Wednesday.  Had absolutely no side effects other than about 5 minutes of a sore arm after the shot.  That probably means I'll be dead in 2 days of a blood clot.

The freak out of 7 blood clots out of 7M vaccinated is a little ridiculous, especially since as of right now they can't prove it's anything other than a coincidence.

Had the J&J shot last Saturday.  No soreness but did have about 12 hours of fever.  No blood clots though.  I told I was good, and now my blood proves it!

The fever dream where it was my first day of college and I couldn’t find my Muslim studies class was a bit odd.

20 hours ago, Okie State said:

I had essentially zero side effects with Pfizer first dose. Barely even a sore arm. I assume that means the second will take me out for a week.

Same here. 48 hours later and nothing except feeling a bit tired the first night and sleeping in today. And I am fully ready for #2 to kick my ass so planning ahead to have a few days off. 

20 hours ago, Post Oak said:

P2 made me feel off for about 48hours.  Not what I would call sick but like running at 75%

I had various symptoms taking their turn every few hours for a day and a half after my second Pfizer shot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We're going to need the old mosquito sprayer trucks spreading vaccine around the neighborhoods to get the "muh freedoms" people handled.

22 hours ago, Okie State said:

I had essentially zero side effects with Pfizer first dose. Barely even a sore arm. I assume that means the second will take me out for a week.

Received my first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon, and felt a little tired w/slight headache last night. Slept in a bit this morning and felt fine. But I jumped on my bike for a ride this afternoon and really noticed a lack of energy and felt like I got more winded than usual. Way more taxing than it should have been.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, mdmost said:

Got that 2.0 Pfizer Windows upgrade. No waiting at Fair Park. In and out in under 30 minutes, including the 15 minute mandatory post shot wait. Shit was efficient. Guardsman who gave me the shot was a pro. I'm happy to have the 2nd shot done and am ready to start living life again. Got a Rangers game planned for 2 weeks from now. 

Did you go on your assigned day?

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Did you go on your assigned day?

Our return day was today but Fair Park was shut down for some reason. Our appointment was originally Tuesday at 1pm. Clay Jenkins had a tweet that Fair Park was wide open and if your return was the 18th, you could go ahead and come down. Worked out so much better. Feeling a bit achy with some chills today. Kinda tired now. I didn't take any pain medicine. 

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Our return day was today but Fair Park was shut down for some reason. Our appointment was originally Tuesday at 1pm. Clay Jenkins had a tweet that Fair Park was wide open and if your return was the 18th, you could go ahead and come down. Worked out so much better. Feeling a bit achy with some chills today. Kinda tired now. I didn't take any pain medicine. 

Thanks.  My date is the 26th for Moderna 2.  I’ll just wait, although I am very eager to be done with this.

uhgg.  Moderna #2 yesterday and feel like crap today.  just lethargic and achy but hells yeah to getting it over and done.  arm was a lot more sore than 1st shot.  definitely can feel the real bits of panther coursing through my veins.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:08 PM, Stringer said:

Got Moderna 2 yesterday and it took both the wife and I out.  Chills and weakness starting late last night and still going.   My wife is still in bed.  Heard her puking in the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Thank God we already had our nanny coming over this morning as a preemptive.  

yeah, wife (no pics) and i got it same day yesterday and both not operating at full charge right now.  Sorry kids, get your own damn cereal this morning.

Just got Moderna #1.  Didn't even feel the needle or shot go in, I thought he was just wiping on a little topical anesthetic when I felt pressure, and then all of a sudden he said we were done.  Fingers crossed the rest of it goes so well...

38 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Just got Moderna #1.  Didn't even feel the needle or shot go in, I thought he was just wiping on a little topical anesthetic when I felt pressure, and then all of a sudden he said we were done.  Fingers crossed the rest of it goes so well...

thats how most of us felt, barely even knew the needle had done its job

I hope you have no symptoms, but they didnt normally show up until 9-12 hours after, and my arm freaking hurt about 24 hours after the first Moderna shot for about 2 more days.

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

thats how most of us felt, barely even knew the needle had done its job

I hope you have no symptoms, but they didnt normally show up until 9-12 hours after, and my arm freaking hurt about 24 hours after the first Moderna shot for about 2 more days.

Thanks.  My wife got Moderna 1 and 2 a couple of months ago (healthcare professional) and had no issues with either.  Hoping for the same, otherwise she's going to call me out as a wimp.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Felt achy and had chills on day 2 after the 2nd Pfizer shot. It came and went throughout the day. Was able to go out and do things but it tired me out by the end of the day. Feel fine today minus a slight headache. 

But let's be honest, the headache is probably from all of yesterday's DIPA consumption, right? ;)

P2 this morning, will update this evening but had nothing for P1, who knows.  Have had 2 friends in the last week get the 2nd moderna and said it felt like a truck ran them over for about a day.  It's all subjective I assume..."beat down and feels like a really bad hangover" could feel like a Tuesday for others...

8 minutes ago, ballrific said:

P2 this morning, will update this evening but had nothing for P1, who knows.  Have had 2 friends in the last week get the 2nd moderna and said it felt like a truck ran them over for about a day.  It's all subjective I assume..."beat down and feels like a really bad hangover" could feel like a Tuesday for others...

I only had a slight headache from the Moderna.  Son got P2 yesterday and only had a sore arm this morning.

Got my second Moderna Vax last week. No issues outside of a sore arm for a day with each shot.

I got Covid back in January, and had no issues except a headache for about 18 hours and was tired for the same duration. Not sure if having Covid already helped or not with the shot. My two buddies who got the moderna shot, and did not have Covid, and were each sick for two days.

I'm still on the fence about getting the polio vax.  I've read a few reports that it's really just a bad case of limping.  So not sure the shot is worth the risk.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

20 hours later, feel fine, injection area is a tad sore, kinda like someone frogged my arm but that's about it.   Was able to work out with no problem last night. 

We're on the same schedule, I'm headed back for M#2 on 5/17 as well.  Injection site was pretty sore late last night, only a little sore today, and no other issues so far. 

I'm so ready to get #2 and be done with it.  

Well, until booster shots 3, 4, 5, and 6 come out next Fall or something... :)

Edited by utee94