Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

6 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Moderna #2 yesterday afternoon.  A little stoney.  Drinking a lot of water.

Me too. And then had probably 6 beers. Woke up in the middle of the night soaked and shivering like mad. Slept till 10 and now just feel like I have a mild case of flu.

50 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Me too. And then had probably 6 beers. Woke up in the middle of the night soaked and shivering like mad. Slept till 10 and now just feel like I have a mild case of flu.

I'm going to eat some Tylenol, edibles and pizza, drink a lot more water, and go to bed early.

At least that's my plan.

Got Pfizer-BioNTech 1 yesterday, which is a miracle here in Germany given how delinquent the EU has been in securing vaccines. But BioNTech donated doses to my employer, as we are considered "critical infrastructure" by the German government, so I carpe muthafuckin' diemed. I feel fine so far.

I am preparing to get buck wild and travel all about this fair land with my laminated card once round 2 is in place, regardless of whether the biergartens are open...because there is always a cold beer and an empty park bench somewhere.

Mrs. Shady Ray is roughly same age and her estimated vaccine window is end of summer/early fall. Hope she makes it through OK in the meantime.

Im Rich Chappelles Show GIF

Edited by Shady Ray
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

36 hours into Moderna #2.  Tylenol took care of the stoney feel yesterday afternoon.  After work, a little edible intake, pizza, red wine, and more Tylenol.  Slept like a baby.  Arm is sore like other vacs.  Cell reception and speed improved.

• Haha 1

36 hours into Moderna #2.  Tylenol took care of the stoney feel yesterday afternoon.  After work, a little edible intake, pizza, red wine, and more Tylenol.  Slept like a baby.  Arm is sore like other vacs.  Cell reception and speed improved.

Username checks out
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Question for you guys, can’t seem to find the answer anywhere else.

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday and am having some symptoms (really just body chills). Could this thing make me contagious? Should I be quarantining away from my family?

14 minutes ago, Nope said:

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday and am having some symptoms (really just body chills). Could this thing make me contagious? Should I be quarantining away from my family?

Too late now! 

Nope
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Pfizer #2 on Tuesday was fine for first 24 hours.  Second 24 hours (Wed afternoon) started with low grade fever 99.7* and muscle/joint aches.

It got better over the 3rd 24 hours but not gone, then the headache came.  Now it is Saturday and still having mild joint pain and sweats/chills.

30 hours in from moderna 2 and feel like I’ve been beaten with a hammer. Woke up at 3 am with fever and severe body aches and it has only slightly subsided. Supposed to have a cook out tomorrow evening, hoping I’m ok by then...

4 hours ago, Nope said:

The Moderna vaccine has no live virus or inactive virus. You are not contagious. You are not sick with anything. No full virus is inside you. It has mRNA instructions for your body to replicate a harmless piece of spike protein of the virus, and your body sees the foreign protein and destroys it. It then learns what the protein looks like, and remembers it for next time. 

Some people experience body chills because some peoples bodies do that when their immune system is working. Now some think that people who have already had Covid, their body already knows what the spike protein looks like, so the chills are more intense for the first shot, and for people who haven’t had Covid, the reaction might be more intense for the second shot. (I’m not sure this has been studied though)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Username checks out
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The Moderna vaccine has no live virus or inactive virus. You are not contagious. You are not sick with anything. No full virus is inside you. It has mRNA instructions for your body to replicate a harmless piece of spike protein of the virus, and your body sees the foreign protein and destroys it. It then learns what the protein looks like, and remembers it for next time. 

Some people experience body chills because some peoples bodies do that when their immune system is working. Now some think that people who have already had Covid, their body already knows what the spike protein looks like, so the chills are more intense for the first shot, and for people who haven’t had Covid, the reaction might be more intense for the second shot. (I’m not sure this has been studied though)

Thank you!

Yeah COVID hit me pretty hard a few months ago, so hopefully the second shot isn’t as bad

17 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Got my second Pfizer yesterday afternoon. Arm is killing me.

9 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Pfizer #2 on Tuesday was fine for first 24 hours.  Second 24 hours (Wed afternoon) started with low grade fever 99.7* and muscle/joint aches.

It got better over the 3rd 24 hours but not gone, then the headache came.  Now it is Saturday and still having mild joint pain and sweats/chills.

I went back to school for a few classes, looking at another degree and got my second Pfizer this morning, and of course I have a paper due tomorrow night, and so my arm is achey as hell and I'm not quite comfortably numb, but I feel like an alcoholic beverage could really help me reach that point.

I figured I better stay up late and finish the paper, rather than take the chance that I might not have a few hours of being able to Get Shit Done tomorrow.

18 hours ago, Nope said:

Maybe you have cancer?

Had 2nd Moderna shot on Friday around noon. Nothing until about 6:30 and started to notice some soreness in shoulder. Couple hours later couldn't sleep, seemed to be getting more sore. Took some Advil and within 2 hours soreness was gone. Been fine ever since. FUCK YOU COVID, KISS MY ASS. 

Got Pfizer #1 on Thursday and felt fine all day.  Had a few beers and what not that evening.  Meanwhile, my wife and 7 month old had been dealing with some sort of stomach bug that is going around like crazy right now so I had to stay at home and watch the baby Friday.  Then, the symptoms kicked in.  

So a mild hangover turned into full blown 102.8 fever, chills, shaking, muscle aches and me getting this stomach bug all at the same time.  I went to bed at 7:00 friday night and woke up at 9am on Saturday to a completely soaked bed and a pair of kidneys that wanted to jump ship.  I must have shit what little water I had in my body about 17 times by 3:00pm on Saturday, to the point that I had to take a shower after every trip because I couldn't wipe anymore.  

Finally, my fever dipped below 99 around noon on Sunday.  I'm tired as shit today still, and am still trying to get fully rehydrated.  Fuck that noise. 

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

"Almost"?

I say "almost" as a qualifier, because I don't know for certain.  I knew most everyone there and they were all vaccinated.  There were a few who showed up and I honestly had no idea if they had one or both of their shots.  No fucks were given.

• Like 1

Thought this NYT piece on making the Pfizer vax was pretty cool

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/health/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210429&instance_id=29931&nl=the-morning&regi_id=117572977&segment_id=56785&te=1&user_id=a04f3c832bee4c3dbcfa8172a969b428

Edited by B00M
Tons of pics and shit that make the article. Otherwise I'd paste the text.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Had covid Jan 9-19, finally said fuck it and i should get the vaccine. NYC fucked up the rollout of the vaccine amongst other things (no cr) but holy hell, the current website is a breeze to navigate. Saturday night i made the decision to get vaxxed, and could narrow the search for first dose by brand and location. The Times Sq location was pfizer only and had tons of free spots late saturday and all day sunday. Got first shot yesterday at 4pm. 2nd dose will be May 23. Felt fine yesterday other than sore arm, woke up this morning with it feeling like Tyson punched the shit out of it. Otherwise mildly under the weather but nothing too bad or notable, just not feeling hundred percent. My allergies last week were way worse. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1