Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

On 4/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, Dilligas said:

Me too. And then had probably 6 beers. Woke up in the middle of the night soaked and shivering like mad. Slept till 10 and now just feel like I have a mild case of flu.

Yep. The first 24 hours after Moderna two I just had a little fatigue. Then I started to feel off and a couple hours later I was in bed shivering, then hot and clammy and feverish. Felt like crap for about 18 hours then just felt like I’d been sick the day before for several hours. 

On 4/9/2021 at 10:19 AM, South Austin said:

Minor deviation because your post fascinated me -- I've been taking melatonin for the past few months because, while not a terrible sleeper, my quality of sleep these days has not been as good as in the past.  Holy shit do I get some intense and vivid dreams, usually like some epic action/horror movie. 

I had to stop melatonin because of this shit. I can’t sleep in a Ridley Scott movie every night.

• Haha 3

Had covid Jan 9-19, finally said fuck it and i should get the vaccine. NYC fucked up the rollout of the vaccine amongst other things (no cr) but holy hell, the current website is a breeze to navigate. Saturday night i made the decision to get vaxxed, and could narrow the search for first dose by brand and location. The Times Sq location was pfizer only and had tons of free spots late saturday and all day sunday. Got first shot yesterday at 4pm. 2nd dose will be May 23. Felt fine yesterday other than sore arm, woke up this morning with it feeling like Tyson punched the shit out of it. Otherwise mildly under the weather but nothing too bad or notable, just not feeling hundred percent. My allergies last week were way worse. 

Funny (actually sad) about NY fucking up the rollout. I have some friends who are from Texas but live and work in NY. They have spent the entire pandemic in Texas. Most of their NY friends came down to Texas in Feb/March to get vaccinated.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CleverNickname said:

Pfizer to be approved for 12-15 next week. Source" a tweet I read citing a NYT article I didn't click

It feels like I shouldn't be and I am probably overthinking it, but is the risk higher for younger people to get it?  I got my Pfizer #2 on Saturday and have had no issues, but when I start talking about my kids it feels different.  I have a 15 yr old and almost 12 yr old, so the wife(no pics) and I will have to make that call soon.  We didn't have any issues getting any other vaccines for the kids, this one just feels different for some reason. 

I'm sure we will end up doing it for them, but I would be lying to myself to say that it isn't an internal struggle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1978horn said:

It feels like I shouldn't be and I am probably overthinking it, but is the risk higher for younger people to get it?  I got my Pfizer #2 on Saturday and have had no issues, but when I start talking about my kids it feels different.  I have a 15 yr old and almost 12 yr old, so the wife(no pics) and I will have to make that call soon.  We didn't have any issues getting any other vaccines for the kids, this one just feels different for some reason. 

I'm sure we will end up doing it for them, but I would be lying to myself to say that it isn't an internal struggle.

Same here.  Never had a problem giving my kids the flu vaccines or other shots that have a longer period of safety data behind them.  I should think that if it's okay for me to get the vaccine it's okay for my kids, and at the end of the day we'll likely get them their shots over the next couple months.  But I still have thoughts about how my kids' bodies are still rapidly developing and wonder if I should hold off. 

Who is paying (my only example because I went there) for CVS to give the vac?

When I got mine there were 5 people in the vac area, 1 giving the shot and 1 writing shit down. 3 were literally sitting there playing on their phone.

This was both on the 1st and 2nd shot. No, it wasn't busy both times, the 15 minute wait area had 2 or 3 people.

Nice job government. This is one example at my local Target with numerous locations in my town. Multiply that by 10k plus easily across the country.

When I got mine there were 5 people in the vac area, 1 giving the shot and 1 writing shit down. 3 were literally sitting there playing on their phone.

This was both on the 1st and 2nd shot. No, it wasn't busy both times, the 15 minute wait area had 2 or 3 people.

Nice job government. This is one example at my local Target with numerous locations in my town. Multiply that by 10k plus easily across the country.

Duh...nobody. It’s “free”.
  • Like 2

Sounds like your town sucks and doesn’t want the vax. It will be reallocated to other areas of the country that wants it soon hopefully
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sounds like your town sucks and doesn’t want the vax. It will be reallocated to other areas of the country that wants it soon hopefully
Took four weeks from eligibility until 1st shot.

I cant say I know 5 people who are tin foil hat wearers and won't take it.

Besides, you are really bitching about some people making $12 /hr for an effort like this. It’s not that much in the bigger picture.
So 3 people jerking off on their phone doing not a fucking thing on government subsidies is totally fine with you...because covid?

So 3 people jerking off on their phone doing not a fucking thing on government subsidies is totally fine with you...because covid?

Meanwhile thousands of shots were being given out by volunteers etc. at the beginning per hour

No offense but are you an Aggie? Or just want to bitch?

Or just live in a small town? Of course it won’t be 100% efficient at small sites. Especially after demand has dropped. Even cities have issues allocating.

Moderna #1 this afternoon.  Been traveling a ton for work on a project across the country and trying to squeeze it in has been difficult.   Nothing yet, hoping I don’t wake up feeling like shit tomorrow, or I’ll just get buried wrt work.  The second one has me pretty nervous as I don’t know how I can miss 2-3 days at this point if it goes south.  Guess we’ll find out then.  Godspeed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Is there a chart on shots given by specific vax and by date? Curious on JnJ “acceptance” since back in the good graces of the CDC/FDA. That shot IMO seems to be the one that may get us closer to 70% since it’s one and done. But the pause of it may keep us at 65% instead of 70+

2 hours ago, TTU13 said:

Is there a chart on shots given by specific vax and by date? Curious on JnJ “acceptance” since back in the good graces of the CDC/FDA. That shot IMO seems to be the one that may get us closer to 70% since it’s one and done. But the pause of it may keep us at 65% instead of 70+

JNJ use fell off a cliff with the pause. 

I took my friend to get J&J at CVS on Monday and she did well with it, only mild headache next day. When I did both Pfizer shots at CVS a month ago there were decent lines inside the store to get the shot. On Monday, there was only one other person getting it plus my friend. Different CVS but same city.

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I took my friend to get J&J at CVS on Monday and she did well with it, only mild headache next day. When I did both Pfizer shots at CVS a month ago there were decent lines inside the store to get the shot. On Monday, there was only one other person getting it plus my friend. Different CVS but same city.

Rates are really falling.  Saw only .2% got vaccinated yesterday. 

13 hours ago, markstanco said:

I got it at CVS and there were 2 employees there the first time and only one the second. Maybe, just maybe, your personal experience isn't universal.

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I got the Tet Anus vaccine.  I’ve had boosters and I’ve never experienced another Tet in my anus, so I’m all in for the vaccine.  

Is that the one knuckle version or the prime boost two knuckle version?

Edited by Anastasis

Seriously though I am experiencing uncomfortable family stuff.  My wife’s sister and her husband are teacher and principal at a small school district in Texas. Both trumpkins and extreme anti vaccine anti mask people.  Had to tell them to fuck off when they wanted to come see my unvaccinated grandson this weekend, after their bar hopping with their unvaccinated UT daughter and unvaccinated son who works at a popular Austin restaurant.   Yeah, you’ve been exposed to thousands of people and don’t believe in vaccines, fuck off.  That’s where I am. 

Those empty seats over there with the dumbasses?  Go sit in them. I want nothing to do with you.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Yup. Neither are remotely close to large enough to know whether CVS is intentionally employing many more people than necessary to inflate their billing.
That's good, so it's probably not going on at all with any business giving vaccines except my local target.

I get number 2 tomorrow (Pfizer). Hopefully I don’t die.  Minor side effect from Vax 1-  got tired and that was it. 
Same. Closed the door in my office and took a 20 or 30 minute nap on shot 1.

Morning of 2nd shot I took two Tylenol and was fine, I took them about an hour before. The next morning at 4a I rolled over and my shoulder was sore like somebody punched it. No fever or side effects with the Pf for me.

The medicine itself on number 2 does sting a little though. Ant bite sting, not red wasp.

Had 2nd dose of Moderna a week ago today.

Still feel like I have the flu, every muscle hurts and I've never been so tired.  I react badly to most medications/vaccines.  But this is hell.

The things I'll do to go to fucking Europe...

10 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

2nd Pfizer today. No issues as of yet but I anticipate blood diarrhea and testicular swelling soon. 

T&P's Getting mine tomorrow. Don't care if I get dystentry again, just want that second date listed on my Vac card. Oh and not to get COVID. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You can still get covid after the shot. My 91 year old father with major medical issues was in the hospital for a few days with non-flu issues last week and they routinely test new patients. He had covid (had 2 positive tests). He never had a fever or other flu related issues. He was never treated for covid and he came home when the other issues subsided. So he got covid but it didn’t do anything to him. He got his last shot in mid Feb.

11 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I get Derna 2 next week. My circle of friends and family are already ostracizing the dipshits refusing to get vaccinated. 

Especially those with children participating in group activities. 

Buddy is throwing a party at his new pool and no one is admitted without their V card.

Ugh, I quoted/replied to the wrong post. ... sorry

Edited by Paper_jam