Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Had 2nd dose of Moderna a week ago today.

Still feel like I have the flu, every muscle hurts and I've never been so tired.  I react badly to most medications/vaccines.  But this is hell.

The things I'll do to go to fucking Europe...

Maybe you should get tested, you might have the real thing.

53 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Maybe you should get tested, you might have the real thing.

Lady at work's SIL got the shot when he apparently already had COVID. Day ten in the hospital with random seizures. 42 years old.

Edited by Deej

Just got my Windows update. Obligatory 15 min wait for system reboot. We will see what other system issues pop up over the weekend. Last time wasn't bad at all, just a little tired the first day but nothing that a good cheeseburger, fries and a nap didn't fix.

Looking forward to get that peace of mind so I can visit a few friends in Austin for Memorial Day.

• Hook 'Em 1

We came out with a policy about 3 weeks ago that any time taken to get vaxxed, or time off needed to recover from symptoms, would not count against PTO.  I have a property manager that is now on day three of recovering from her second dose.  She's 25.  

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We came out with a policy about 3 weeks ago that any time taken to get vaxxed, or time off needed to recover from symptoms, would not count against PTO.  I have a property manager that is now on day three of recovering from her second dose.  She's 25. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My 16yo got his second dose through school today.  He didn't notice anything with the first round, we'll see how the second goes.

Waiting for them to open it up so we can get our 13yo vaxxed and put this shit in the rearview.

4 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Left shoulder still sore 2 days later, but the big surprise was the lymph node under that arm pit feeling like it's the size of a golf ball & very tender. That happened overnight.

Mrs GOTJ got her 2nd Moderna yesterday & has just had moderate cycles of aches & pains.

Sorta the same with the armpit lymph nodes here. Not swollen but definitely tender/sensitive. Got it the day after but gone now on day 5 (probably only lasted 2 days).

3 hours ago, Okie State said:

Got my second Pfizer today. Is it time to get drunk now? Seems like it is.

82 year old dad told me no booze. He was one of the first vaccinated via the VA. I did not have the heart to tell him I was on my 3rd shiner and went booze shopping while waiting my 15 mins at HEB. 

• Like 3

Seriously though I am experiencing uncomfortable family stuff.  My wife’s sister and her husband are teacher and principal at a small school district in Texas. Both trumpkins and extreme anti vaccine anti mask people.  Had to tell them to fuck off when they wanted to come see my unvaccinated grandson this weekend, after their bar hopping with their unvaccinated UT daughter and unvaccinated son who works at a popular Austin restaurant.   Yeah, you’ve been exposed to thousands of people and don’t believe in vaccines, fuck off.  That’s where I am. 
Those empty seats over there with the dumbasses?  Go sit in them. I want nothing to do with you.
This is how you do it164c1cbae9ac60e8402c9da221110feb.gif

I'm in the post-shot waiting area after pfizer #2. w00t w00t

Pfizer 1 at CVS they asked me to wait 15 mins inside the store. Pfizer 2 at CVS they asked me if I had any issues with the first shot. I said nope and then nobody asked me to wait 15 mins so I took off after about 5 mins of texting people I’m tan rested and ready.
  • Hook 'Em 5

got stuck with the 2nd  pfizer around 4 today. Celebrated with a Crown & Anchor double cheesburger and  a couple beers . just ate an edible and settling into the couch to ride this bitch out. Probably be asleep by 10,  as the first one made me fairly tired. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I received my second Moderna dose two weeks ago today, so I am officially fully vaccinated. 

Both doses were at CVS in Lago Vista, as that was the only place I could find after a week of searching for my first appointment.

I had moderate arm soreness for a couple days and mild armpit lymph node tenderness (shot arm only) for a week or so after both.  The day after my second dose, I had a few hours of chills and fatigue, but nothing horrible.  

I celebrated today with a Whataburger, but still wore a mask at the drive-thru window.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wife and I got first rounds this past weekend.  Pfizer for me, Moderna for her...

Lady giving me the vaccine asked me, "Are you excited??!?"

Told her, I am neither vehemently for or against the vaccine and to be quite honest, if it hadn't been for the fact that I was able to book an appt on the same day I started looking for an appt, I would have put it off longer.

tl;dr - Said WTF and got vaccinated.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/8/2021 at 6:32 PM, Blotto said:

got stuck with the 2nd  pfizer around 4 today. Celebrated with a Crown & Anchor double cheesburger and  a couple beers . just ate an edible and settling into the couch to ride this bitch out. Probably be asleep by 10,  as the first one made me fairly tired. 

Weird. No reaction whatsoever from the 2nd shot, arm soreness also less noticeable. Must have been the edible. Its science.  

My ex still refuses to be vaccinated.  I took my son and got him vaccinated without asking her.  I had my daughter set up for the J&J since she's on the spectrum and I thought a one and done would be easier for her.  The pause killed that.

I would’ve thought strippers would be better about making life decisions like that.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I can’t remember which of the three or four Covid threads (why, exactly?) I mentioned my heart palpitations in, but my doc said it’s unlikely it’s related to the vaccine. I’ve had them before. I’m going in for a stress test on Thursday.

He also said if you have 12-15 yr old kids get em vaxxed. It’s safe and the smaller the attack surface in the population the better.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, Damor said:

My 16yo got his second dose through school today.  He didn't notice anything with the first round, we'll see how the second goes.

Waiting for them to open it up so we can get our 13yo vaxxed and put this shit in the rearview.

That's awesome.  Which school is actually smart enough to do this?

Just now, Soliver465 said:

The wife and I got the Moderna shot, son and daughter-in-law J&J.

worrying now about the 15 and 12 year old grandchildren, which one if any.

Pfizer is the only one currently cleared for use in kids 12-17.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

With some of these stories I’m starting to wonder if I really received the injections. Other than soreness at the injection site, nothing. Same with the extended family. No one had any reaction.

Keep in mind I stayed at Holiday Inn, but this means y'all would have been asymptomatic if you caught the actual virus.