Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Wait. What? There’s a lottery for some kids 12-15 years old in Ohio getting the vaccine for some of them to win a million dollars? I should at least have a “shot” at a piece of that action.

Still a week-and-half away from my second dose of Pfizer. The Columbus Clippers opened up their season yesterday and were giving out Johnson & Johnson vaccines. (The Clippers won 2-0. Suck it, Tulsa!)

I can’t remember which of the three or four Covid threads (why, exactly?) I mentioned my heart palpitations in, but my doc said it’s unlikely it’s related to the vaccine. I’ve had them before. I’m going in for a stress test on Thursday.

He also said if you have 12-15 yr old kids get em vaxxed. It’s safe and the smaller the attack surface in the population the better.

15 yo daughter just got her appointment for Saturday
  • Like 1

With some of these stories I’m starting to wonder if I really received the injections. Other than soreness at the injection site, nothing. Same with the extended family. No one had any reaction.
I had the same. 2 Moderna shots and nothing but am soreness.

Vaccinated almost 2 months ago. Had to get a covid test because flying int’l today. The process for testing and sending results is less than ideal. Almost seems comical. 

not looking forward to being on an airplane 10+ hrs with a mask on. Thankfully, I can still get drunk in 1st class. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wait. What? There’s a lottery for some kids 12-15 years old in Ohio getting the vaccine for some of them to win a million dollars? I should at least have a “shot” at a piece of that action.

Still a week-and-half away from my second dose of Pfizer. The Columbus Clippers opened up their season yesterday and were giving out Johnson & Johnson vaccines. (The Clippers won 2-0. Suck it, Tulsa!)

Apparently it’s open to everyone and some winners can get a 4-year scholarship to any of the State universities. It’s coming from federal money. It’s stupid that any incentive like this should be necessary. Just fucking get vaccinated, fools. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

When my wife and daughter got back from the vaccine appointment, they said an elderly lady harassed my daughter about getting the vaccine and said "don't you know more people have died from the vaccine than COVID!?!?!"

My wife told her to go fuck herself.

If she believes that, she’s literally  drunker than Cooter Brown...

• Haha 1

Guest Lobo
4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

When my wife and daughter got back from the vaccine appointment, they said an elderly lady harassed my daughter about getting the vaccine and said "don't you know more people have died from the vaccine than COVID!?!?!"

My wife told her to go fuck herself.

How did the old woman know they just got the vaccine?  Where was this? 

Not nice of that lady to talk to your daughter like that.  

How did the old woman know they just got the vaccine?  Where was this? 
Not nice of that lady to talk to your daughter like that.  

It was in the waiting area at ARC Far West. My wife and another mom were talking about the vaccine since they were both there with a kid to get it. The old lady interrupted and went full mouth breather.

got J n J mon 5/3. 1 shot. no pain no nuthin. publix. easy peasy. stupid vax card too big for wallet. cdc incompetence. fauci is a complete moron.criminal he is

goin to bucees daytona on the 26th. no more mask. no problems. good shit.

fuck gettin 2 shots.

• Hook 'Em 1

#rant...my niece and sister (both fully vaccinated) are flying to CO to visit a friend next week. said friend and his elderly father (where they are staying) are both vaccinated, but the father has cancer and is currently receiving chemo. 

my ex-BIL (niece's father) ALSO lives in CO, and is a full-on 'it's a hoax' and 'the vaccine is for cowards' and she's a sheep etc. etc...told my sister 'you might as well wear a yellow star like the jews!'...real sharp fella, that one 🙄

the real irony? he fucking has COVID right now and he's sick as hell! but he refuses to even go to the doctor, says he's taking zinc and vitamin D and has an excellent immune system and isn't worried about it...even though he's on his 10th day or so of being seriously ill. i mean, he really is a gem 😡

so the point of all this...my niece would like to see him while she's there, he's still her father, but altho she's vaccinated, with the situation of where they're staying she doesn't want to risk the friend's father, so she basically told her dad only outside, and only if he wore a mask. and he's giving her massive shit about it! 'i didn't raise a coward' (narrator: he didn't 'raise' her at all), 'you're being ridiculous, this virus is nothing' and so on...

i mean, how much of a piece of shit do you have to be to treat your daughter that way?? if i could get hold of him i swear i would kick him in the nuts. so now my poor niece is crying tonight b/c she wants to see her dad but he's a complete POS. 

why does everything today have to be such a gotdamn ridiculous fight?? people have lost their minds. it's exhausting. i'm exhausted. 

#endrant

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 5

On 5/12/2021 at 10:04 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 5/12/2021 at 5:24 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:
With some of these stories I’m starting to wonder if I really received the injections. Other than soreness at the injection site, nothing. Same with the extended family. No one had any reaction.

I had the same. 2 Moderna shots and nothing but am soreness.

After my second Moderna shot I had some achey joints, bit of fatigue and felt like my pollen allergies were acting up for about 24 hours. After that, back to normal.  Of course normal at my age consists of achey joints, fatigue and some pollen allergies this time of year. 

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

It was in the waiting area at ARC Far West. My wife and another mom were talking about the vaccine since they were both there with a kid to get it. The old lady interrupted and went full mouth breather.

I assume the old lady had a mask on. I guess she prefers everyone having to wear masks over everyone getting a vaccine.

18 hours ago, mchookem said:

#rant...my niece and sister (both fully vaccinated) are flying to CO to visit a friend next week. said friend and his elderly father (where they are staying) are both vaccinated, but the father has cancer and is currently receiving chemo. 

my ex-BIL (niece's father) ALSO lives in CO, and is a full-on 'it's a hoax' and 'the vaccine is for cowards' and she's a sheep etc. etc...told my sister 'you might as well wear a yellow star like the jews!'...real sharp fella, that one 🙄

the real irony? he fucking has COVID right now and he's sick as hell! but he refuses to even go to the doctor, says he's taking zinc and vitamin D and has an excellent immune system and isn't worried about it...even though he's on his 10th day or so of being seriously ill. i mean, he really is a gem 😡

so the point of all this...my niece would like to see him while she's there, he's still her father, but altho she's vaccinated, with the situation of where they're staying she doesn't want to risk the friend's father, so she basically told her dad only outside, and only if he wore a mask. and he's giving her massive shit about it! 'i didn't raise a coward' (narrator: he didn't 'raise' her at all), 'you're being ridiculous, this virus is nothing' and so on...

i mean, how much of a piece of shit do you have to be to treat your daughter that way?? if i could get hold of him i swear i would kick him in the nuts. so now my poor niece is crying tonight b/c she wants to see her dad but he's a complete POS. 

why does everything today have to be such a gotdamn ridiculous fight?? people have lost their minds. it's exhausting. i'm exhausted. 

#endrant

So he’s being a dick clearly, but why does he have to wear a mask to see her outside. CDC says it’s like 1 in 10000 to have outdoor transmittal and even if that happened she’s young, healthy and fully vaxed. Dads obviously an asshole but her risk calibration is fucked up. 

2 weeks post Pfizer #2 today! No side effects really for me other than sore arm. Working on get my 15 yr old scheduled for his shot.

Full vaccination comes just in time for attending my first crawfish boil in over a year today!

The Pf sore arm is normal. Like a childhood friend punching your arm, more of a bruise feeling.

17 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So he’s being a dick clearly, but why does he have to wear a mask to see her outside. CDC says it’s like 1 in 10000 to have outdoor transmittal and even if that happened she’s young, healthy and fully vaxed. Dads obviously an asshole but her risk calibration is fucked up. 

Isn’t the risk level a little different given he actually has COVID?

From my perspective, I would have been hesitant to let me child see him at all. It sounds like giving a kid some matches to play with.

11 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Isn’t the risk level a little different given he actually has COVID?

From my perspective, I would have been hesitant to let me child see him at all. It sounds like giving a kid some matches to play with.

She’s vaxed. She could swim in it and be ok 99999 out of 100k. Add in outside which is another like 1/1000 and the odds are astronomical against it being a big deal. None of which is to say he isn’t a moron or a dick. 

44 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Had some chills, mild body aches and fatigue, the day after but nothing major.  Two days later, feel 100%

I had a sore arm from Monday evening through Tuesday night, and a little fatigue Tuesday night as well.  That was it.  I probably would have just thought I was tired, if I weren't expecting some kind of reaction from the shot.  Now on day 3, 100%.  Feels good.

Now, it's time to go roll around in the COVID!

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Moderna #2 about an hour ago. Felt pretty crappy the day after shot #1. Dead arm, fatigue, low grade fever. Chugging water and gatorade today and laying off the booze tonight. Hoping for a better Friday this time around.

If you are going to feel bad anyway, you might as well just get drunk.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hate said:

If you are going to feel bad anyway, you might as well just get drunk.

I had everything ready for Hot Toddy's and they worked well. Was a bit foggy but could not tell if from them or from the vaccine. Either way watched movies on the couch and treated it like having a bout of the flu. Was fine two days later. 

23 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Moderna #2 about an hour ago. Felt pretty crappy the day after shot #1. Dead arm, fatigue, low grade fever. Chugging water and gatorade today and laying off the booze tonight. Hoping for a better Friday this time around.

Different experience this time. First dose I didn't have symptoms beyond sore arm until the next day, but I was feeling pretty beat up by the time I went to bed last night. Passed out at like 10:30, but then woke up a little before 2:00, drenched in sweat, thristier than I've ever been in my life, and aching from neck to lower back. Spent most of the early morning hours tossing and turning. One of the worst night's sleep of my life. Finally dragged myself out of bed around 9. After some breakfast, coffee and a tylenol, feeling bout half normal.

Worth it.