Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

On 11/3/2021 at 8:27 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Gah, this day was pretty awful. Chilly, achy, arm hurt, fatigued.  I think I had this for a few hours after shot 2, but this has been all day.

Kind of an interesting development.  After the second shot, I got the muscle aches, that seemed to radiate from the injection shoulder.  In particular across to my right shoulder where I broke my collarbone and must still have some residual inflammation or something.  Definitely have some muscle tissue still adapting to the modified geometry of my clavicle.

Well, the shoulder creakiness and mild pain persisted after the April second shot.  There could have been a number of explanations, one of the being that my old man volleyball league resumed in April or May after people started getting vaxxed, thus taxing my shoulders.  However, that had not caused pain previously, even after extended layoffs.  Also, strange sleeping positions because of the injection pain.  Various stretches and rehab-type exercises seemed to help, but there was still a nagging catch or two in both shoulders.

I have read a few things about persistent muscle aches both after Covid and as a vaxx side effect.

Anyway, after having a day of this "bilateral" shoulder pain after the booster, neither shoulder is as sore or creaky as it was after the second shot.  Neither bothers me at all anymore.

Weird.  I'll take it though.

My whole family is mRNA’d. No one had side effects other than a little soreness and fatigue for a few days. That includes my old ass parents, my wife’s parents and her aunts, my brothers, my wife, and my kids.

My kids (8 and 12) actually only had soreness. It was like a flu shot to them.

25 minutes ago, utee94 said:

My 12yo son got his second Pfizer and his flu shot at the same time.  He asked to have one in each arm so he could perform a scientific comparison of the symptoms, but then didn't experience any for either arm.  So there you have it.

Given how much I masturbated when I was twelve, I'm sure his arms were in top shape.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/covid-vaccine-mandates-push-holdouts-get-shot-detox-rcna4859

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine.  Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies. 

Then, she recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

In reality, in addition to being potentially harmful as a skin and eye irritant, a borax “detox bath” will not remove the effects of the Covid vaccine from your body.

Biden administration set to respond to challenge to vaccination mandates
NOV. 8, 202102:25
The video is one of several methods anti-vaccine influencers and communities on social media have in recent weeks suggested to their many followers who have capitulated and received the Covid shot. Anti-vaccine message boards are now littered with users caving to societal pressure or work mandates and receiving a coronavirus  vaccination. 

“Once you’re injected, the  lifesaving vaccination process has already begun. You can’t unring a bell. It’s just not physically possible,” said Angela Rasmussen, a virologist and adjunct professor at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada.

Detox remedies and regimens have been staples of the anti-vaccine movement for years. Long before Covid, anti-vaccine influencers and alternative health entrepreneurs promoted unproven and sometimes dangerous treatments they claimed would rid children of the alleged toxins that lingered after routine childhood immunizations. 

Children, many with autism, have been subjected to these disproven cures by way of parents convinced that they are alleviating suffering caused by heavy metal poisoning from vaccines. The often-costly remedies have included restrictive diets, supplements, chelation and hyperbaric chambers, as well as more dangerous home remedies. 

With Covid came a new group of believers. 

Now, some anti-vaccine groups are recommending that people who have been vaccinated should immediately self-administer cupping therapy (an ancient form of alternative medicine that involves creating suction on the skin) to speed up the “removal of the vax content” including first making small incisions on the injection site with a razor. Other memes give instructions on how to “un-inject” shots using syringes.

Both methods are potentially dangerous and would not remove the vaccine once it is administered, Rasmussen said.

“The transaction process for the mRNA vaccine is fairly quick. Basically, by the time you get out to your car, sorry, the magic has already started,” she said.

The newfound virality of “vaccine detoxes” is also a strategy by anti-vaccine influencers and groups to steel themselves for a reality in which 70 percent of Americans have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus — even though their dire warnings of mass death and infertility never came to fruition.

“This illustrates how these anti-vaccine communities are shifting and pushing these claims toward vaccinated people,” said Ciaran O’Connor, a disinformation researcher for the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, an anti-extremism nonprofit group based in London.

Recommended

NEWS
They were not charged with any crimes. Baltimore police still took their phones.

LATINO
Tech companies blasted for inaction on Spanish-language disinformation
O’Connor recently released a report, titled “Jabbers’ Remorse,” about the virality of vaccine detoxes, specifically on TikTok, where Madej’s “detox” bath has made the leap to nonfringe parts of the social media platform.

Madej’s video was removed by TikTok last month, but the video’s duets — TikTok’s resharing feature, in which other users add reactions or context with the original video — have received hundreds of thousands of views. One duet lists a recipe of Madej’s bath next to her speech. Others show a TikTok user drawing a bath, or pouring out the ingredients into a container.

How Covid vaccine misinformation is spreading through TikTok’s sound feature
JULY 14, 202105:13
Representatives at TikTok did not respond to requests for comment.

“TikTok is being used as designed here, but the way it’s been designed is allowing these misinformed claims to proliferate on the platform,” O’Connor said.

Madej did not respond to repeated requests for comment. She is an osteopathic internal medicine doctor who has propagated a variety of debunked theories about the Covid vaccines and posted to Twitter about a variety of other conspiracy theories, including QAnon. She describes herself as “practicing the truth in Jesus through medicine.” 

It is unclear what Madej means by “nanotechnologies,” but on a podcast called “Reawaken America” she falsely claimed there is a “liquified computing system” inside coronavirus vaccines. She has also claimed the vaccines are a “gateway to transhumanism.” Her theories have been broadly fact-checked as false, including earning a “Pants on Fire” rating from Politifact.

While Rasmussen is worried about users experimenting with chemical baths, she said she believes it’s a sign that vaccine mandates are largely working, and anti-vaccine influencers are adapting to a new reality.

“I think it is actually a good sign that these ‘how to undo your vaccine’ videos are taking off,”  she said. “It suggests that a lot of those people who previously were saying ‘vaccines are terrible and I will never do it’ are, actually, doing it.”

Without the borax, Rasmussen said the bath is not a harmful idea after receiving the vaccine, but it won’t do anything for the nonexistent “radiation” or “nanotechnologies.”

“Take the bath and kick back and relax with a glass of wine, knowing that I’m safe from a potentially lethal viral infection,”  she said.

Still, not all anti-vaccine communities are giving in, even with the false promise of a detox. In anti-vaccine Facebook groups like “Educate Before You Vaccinate,” comments still largely and incorrectly tell users that the vaccine is an irreversible path to government tracking, infertility or death.

Some provided hope with false cures. One user, who told the group her boyfriend “HAD to get a covid shot” and wondered how to “detox his body” was told to follow Madej’s borax bath instructions. Another user told her to look into drinking “Miracle Mineral Solution,” which is bleach and can be fatal if ingested.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:05 AM, NoRagrets said:

I lost my vaccine card. Moderna back in March. Should I just find a J&J shot and get a new card?

I think you can get a replacement card if you contact the CDC. I don’t know if that’s useful information any longer but I’d start at wherever you got your first doses and go from there. 

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think you can get a replacement card if you contact the CDC. I don’t know if that’s useful information any longer but I’d start at wherever you got your first doses and go from there. 

CDC doesn't maintain vaccine records.  One would need to go to their vaccine provider, and failing that hit the state vaccine tracker. Contacting the CDC would be a waste of everybody's time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Moderna booster today, bitches.  Right now, just a sore arm.  But that's all I had at this time with shot #2 back in April....then after midnight, all hell broke loose.

Pfizer for 1 and 2.  Sore arms mainly.  Had Moderna booster on Saturday afternoon.  Sore arm only to start.  Woke up with aches in both shoulders and arms.  By afternoon was feeling aches, tired and joint pains everywhere, but no fever.   Crashed early and had night of chills and cold sweats.  Woke up at 90% and better as day went on.

As I told my kids, now that I have both I am basically indestructible. 

14 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Pfizer for 1 and 2.  Sore arms mainly.  Had Moderna booster on Saturday afternoon.  Sore arm only to start.  Woke up with aches in both shoulders and arms.  By afternoon was feeling aches, tired and joint pains everywhere, but no fever.   Crashed early and had night of chills and cold sweats.  Woke up at 90% and better as day went on.

As I told my kids, now that I have both I am basically indestructible. 

Had Moderna for all 3.  Moderna #1 was moderately uncomfortable for a few days.  Moderna #2 fucked my world.  Moderna #3 left me groggy from Friday night until Sunday afternoon, similar to waking up with a hangover.  I never had a temp this time around, but I was just sluggish and blah.

Sidenote:  had the kids scheduled (8 & 10) to get their first Pfizer this week.  The youngest started feeling bad on Friday.  Sunday, she tested positive.  So, we are all quarantined now.  

got my booster friday and had the same side effects as the original shots... which is to say, nothing. not a damn thing lol.

in fact...i also got the flu shot, first shingles shot, and a tetanus booster i was apparently due for...and nothing.

i am apparently immune to all vaccine side effects, yay me 😄 

ETA: the second shingles shot will probably put me in a coma heh

Edited by mchookem

17 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Had Moderna for all 3.  Moderna #1 was moderately uncomfortable for a few days.  Moderna #2 fucked my world.  Moderna #3 left me groggy from Friday night until Sunday afternoon, similar to waking up with a hangover.  I never had a temp this time around, but I was just sluggish and blah.

Sidenote:  had the kids scheduled (8 & 10) to get their first Pfizer this week.  The youngest started feeling bad on Friday.  Sunday, she tested positive.  So, we are all quarantined now.  

So was Moderna 3 better than Moderna 2?

A lot of people are saying it was the best one of the whole franchise.  

Any of y'all in Fort Worth have a rec for an easy place to get the booster while up there weekend after T-day?  

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So was Moderna 3 better than Moderna 2?

Well, er...I didn't have cycles of fever/chilling, extremely groggy, aching, tired, etc with #3 that I did with #2, so yeah, in my experience, it was better.

Both of my parents (77 and 75) have had all 3 Moderna, and they had the mildest of reactions to all the shots.

As anything in life, YMMV.

Wife and I got our boosters yesterday (we got our first shots back in February).  Almost 24 hours later and my wife has no side effects at all, other than sore arm.  I have sore arm, but I also feel tired today.  It may just be because I have not been sleeping well lately.  

My 12 year old received both of her Pfizer shots back in August before school started.  No side effects at all, other than maybe a little bit of a sore arm.

My 9-year old got her first Pfizer shot yesterday.  Her arm was sore this morning.  She was not happy about that at all when she woke up.  She said "I HATE whoever it was that started this whole thing!"  She was trying to get out of going to school at first, but I wasn't letting her stay home because of a sore arm.

Once the 9-year old gets her second shot on December 6th, the entire family (other than a few conspiracy theorists on each side) will be completely vaccinated.  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, er...I didn't have cycles of fever/chilling, extremely groggy, aching, tired, etc with #3 that I did with #2, so yeah, in my experience, it was better.

Both of my parents (77 and 75) have had all 3 Moderna, and they had the mildest of reactions to all the shots.

As anything in life, YMMV.

My second sucked. I will get the booster in early December. Last time I worked but it is difficult seeing patient with a splitting headaches (the fever, chills, body aches, etc. didn't help either). Can't decide whether I will double down on my stupidity and work the next day or feel like shit on my day off.

Got my pfizer booster last night.  Went with that for no other reason than that was what my first 2 shots were.  No issues with those shots(got the last one in May), but today has been rough. I have been able to work remotely, but it has affected me for sure.   I did have Covid 2 months before I got the first vaccination, so maybe that is why the first 2 rounds were easier.

Wife(no pics) got a Moderna booster last night  She went with J&J the first time since that was what was available.  She has been in bed most of the day today.

wife and had Moderna 1 and 2, both of us ended up with breakthrough Vid back in September (though she’s a lifelong asthmatic and was hit much harder than myself), and got boosted Friday around noon.  

we were both down for count yesterday…chills, sweaty, sore all over, felt like i'd been in a car wreck.  today, only arm soreness remains.  

but we are now invincible…and the 5G reception is outstanding.  

Had an appointment to get my 3rd Pfizer last Thursday.  Go to the Duane Ready on my block.  I am the first appointment at 8:30.  They check me in.  My last vaccine was on 5/22/2021.  The Appointment system let me book my appointment because that was 180 days ago which is basically 6 months.  However, their internal system uses a different clock, so they told me I have to come back.  So, I am going back this AM.  I would have just gone somewhere else, but the next appointment is after Thanksgiving, and I want to be boosted before my folks arrive.  

Any of y'all in Fort Worth have a rec for an easy place to get the booster while up there weekend after T-day?  
Just sign up and go to cvs, or a target that has cvs in it. Thats what i did for my booster.

Got my Moderna booster last Wednesday afternoon.  Woke up 4 am Thursday with muscle aches, fever and chills.  Went and sat shivering at computer with thick robe, heavy blanket and ballcap.  That was the last time I slept until Friday afternoon.  It was pretty miserable but fine now and glad I got it over with.

It's super-easy to get the third shot here in the US.  As a point of comparison:

- we have Norwegian friends who are vacationing in Florida right now.  They promptly got their third shot when they got here.

- my daughter lives in Canada right now; she's counting on getting her third shot as soon as she lands here when she comes home for Xmas.

- my son's exchange student-brother is coming back to Texas with us right before Xmas, he will probably get his third shot here as well.

Go out and get your booster.  Get it done.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, Lobo said:

I live in Fort Worth suburbs, but just go to CVS website and find where they have a store near you that has a clinic.  Sign up is easy and near me there were tons of appointment times that same day.

Thanks folks.  Took your's and Scraps' advice.  Booked a Friday morning booster at the CVS by TCU.  Maybe they'll be some co-eds to gawk at during my compulsory 15-minute "Make sure you're okay after the shot" wait.  If I start feeling like shit a couple hours later, it'll be the second half of watching our football game with a bunch of KSU alumni at my SIL's home...I can just politely retire to the downstairs guest bedroom and say, "Just feeling a bit under the weather, excuse me..." 

I got my booster (Moderna x3) two weeks ago last Friday, and I'm starting to think this whole vaccine thing might be a hoax.  I was promised 5G reception, but my phone is still only 4G.  I was promised that I would feel dead and empty inside from the shots, but that only happens when Texas football plays.  I was promised that I'd be magnetized, so I could take the stuff off of the refrigerator and stick it to my chest, back, and arms, but nothing sticks.  Man, if all I get out of these shots is greatly improved resistance to a dangerous disease, I'm gonna be pissed.  Well, not that pissed.  Maybe slightly miffed.

• Haha 1

Received my booster yesterday (Pfizer) after getting J&J back in March. So easy to schedule on the CVS website. Surprisingly, no side effects other than a sore arm and a kind of spacey feeling in my head, and this is after I felt like death post-J&J. I was also dreading it because my fiancé got her third Pfizer shot last Tuesday and is just now recovered from a delayed allergic reaction as well as going through the fever/sore throat routine. 

Thanks folks.  Took your's and Scraps' advice.  Booked a Friday morning booster at the CVS by TCU.  Maybe they'll be some co-eds to gawk at during my compulsory 15-minute "Make sure you're okay after the shot" wait.  If I start feeling like shit a couple hours later, it'll be the second half of watching our football game with a bunch of KSU alumni at my SIL's home...I can just politely retire to the downstairs guest bedroom and say, "Just feeling a bit under the weather, excuse me..." 
They didn't even make me wait. They asked how i did with first one and I said fine so she let me bounce in 2 minutes

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I got my booster a couple of weeks ago at a Walgreens and there was no wait. Just jab and go home.  Guess I can report no noticeable side effects beyond a slightly sore arm for one day.  Less sore and shorter in duration than the previous shot. 

I got my booster a couple of weeks ago at a Walgreens and there was no wait. Just jab and go home.  Guess I can report no noticeable side effects beyond a slightly sore arm for one day.  Less sore and shorter in duration than the previous shot. 

How’s your cell reception?