Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

My brother got a Moderna booster yesterday after getting Pfizer for 1&2. He’s been shitty all day. Don’t think he’s running a fever but he said he felt like a gorilla was sitting on his forehead all day. 

That’s a little out there, but we don’t kink shame around here.

My first shot, I had a sore arm for a day. Second shot, nothing. Got a booster last week and had a sore arm and minor symptoms for a day. Joint pain, fatigue and that general “blah” you get when you’re getting sick. Woke up the next day and felt great.

• Hook 'Em 3

Got my Moderna booster last night at Walgreens.  Second Moderna was February 28, and about 12 or so hours after that shot I felt like I got hit by a truck, and had flu-like symptoms that lasted about 12 hours. 

I got some good sleep last night, and woke up feeling fine until I got my kids off to school.  Now the chills and body aches have started.  I'm still able to do some work (i.e., post on Surly), but am glad I cleared my calendar today.

Got the booster yesterday at the Pflugerville library where APH was having a walk-up clinic (every Wednesday). It's hard to fault people working their asses off to help get people the shot, but what a mess. Took 2.5 hours. I think there was a much bigger crowd than normal, but it was just unbelievably slow. When you go, they have to create an account for you on APH. Why?! Get shots in arms and get people through the line.

I got my booster on Monday (Pfizer x 2, Moderna).

Scheduled the appointment right when the portal opened in CA. My wife tried the next day to schedule her appointment; however, there was nothing available until the end of December. We live in the Bay Area, so not unexpected. On Monday, we found out our daughter’s soccer game this weekend is in Modesto, which is Trump country. So on a hunch, I checked Walgreens to see if they had any available appointments in the area. Yep. Every day of the week has a wide range of time slots. /csb

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

FYI: both wife and I walked into different CVS's this week and got the booster without an appointment, even though the website said they were all booked.  Never hurts to ask.

Second Moderna knocked me on my ass, so a little wary of what's coming the next 24 hours or so.

I was fine on the first two, the third hit me like a freight train for a day.  It’s completely random.

And as a recap, Pfizer #1 kicked my ass. Felt like I had full-blown COVID again. Pfizer #2 was a bitch too but only for about half the time. Got Pfizer #3 at 12:30 today, went for lunch and was feeling it by the time I got home. Wife talked me into our nightly 2-mile walk around 5:15. Did not feel very well at all when we started but felt pretty decent 30 mins later. Then we had grex and I feel even better this evening. About to pop two more Advil and commence with the tequila consumption.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, C-Man said:

And as a recap, Pfizer #1 kicked my ass. Felt like I had full-blown COVID again. Pfizer #2 was a bitch too but only for about half the time. Got Pfizer #3 at 12:30 today, went for lunch and was feeling it by the time I got home. Wife talked me into our nightly 2-mile walk around 5:15. Did not feel very well at all when we started but felt pretty decent 30 mins later. Then we had grex and I feel even better this evening. About to pop two more Advil and commence with the tequila consumption.

giphy.gif

Follow up to my follow up. Well, I apparently spoke WAY too soon. Skipped the tequila but did drink a bottle of wine while the missus and I knocked out the first two episodes of DOPESICK on Hulu. Started feeling kind of shitty as it was getting closer to bed time. Went to bed but didn't really fall asleep. Body-aches, mild fever, general discomfort. Felt like total dogshit by the time the sun came up. Wife gave me three Advil and an extra strength Tylenol and I went back to sleep. Flipped on the Big 12 Championship Game in our bedroom and proceeded to doze in and out throughout that game and the SEC Championship Game after that. Felt terrible. I finally crawled out of bed around 6 or 6:30. Spent the rest of the evening on the living room couch. I was able to eat dinner around 9. I'm feeling much better today but still "off." I hate that this vaccine/booster looks like it's going to cost me most of a weekend of being sick moving forward.

I posted this on the wrong thread because I am a bad person.

Got boosted Thursday. Friday morning felt goofy, no appetite. Friday evening had a 100 degree fever but was babbling as if it were higher-- my verbal skills were limited to shouting unrelated words. Crashed for about 40 hours, Saturday didn't exist as I wallowed in my own sweat-soaked sheets like some failed French canal-digger in Panama. Sunday morning came out of it sufficiently to accomplish tasks like making coffee or walking up and down stairs.

Currently (Sunday evening) I am like a car with one gallon of gas in the tank-- I am good for some short simple task, but don't push it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Have held off on my booster because I did the first draw for the UT Health antibody study in late August and wanted to do my second draw before getting the booster. Pfizer’s second dose in early April and antibodies around 850 on the test in August.

My antibody level increased to 925 as of this past Saturday, eight months after my second dose. Still negative for natural infection.

My reaction to the Moderna booster was similar to the second shot.  Flu-like symptoms for about a day.  The difference was after the booster I was able to get around, do some work, make lunch and dinner, etc., with a mid-afternoon nap.  The second shot completely immobilized me. 

Better hydration and supplements may have helped with the booster, but seems like getting knocked on my ass for a day every six months is the price I'm going to pay for a booster here on out.  Beats getting COVID.

Got my Booster yesterday at about 4. Woke up with the weirdest fucking headache I've ever had this morning, but a little Advil took care of it. Arm is sore, but no more than the 2nd shot. I only had the mild high/brain fog feeling from the second shot, so I'm hoping that is all I have this go around, but I assume if it's worse, the shit is going to hit the fan this afternoon.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

My reaction to the Moderna booster was similar to the second shot.  Flu-like symptoms for about a day.  The difference was after the booster I was able to get around, do some work, make lunch and dinner, etc., with a mid-afternoon nap.  The second shot completely immobilized me. 

Better hydration and supplements may have helped with the booster, but seems like getting knocked on my ass for a day every six months is the price I'm going to pay for a booster here on out.  Beats getting COVID.

The booster is also half the dosage of the second Moderna shot, so that may have had something to do with you not feeling as badly after the booster. 

The booster is also half the dosage of the second Moderna shot, so that may have had something to do with you not feeling as badly after the booster. 

Interestingly that correlation isn’t how many vaccines actually work. Smaller doses often cause more of a reaction from the immune system for some reason

11 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Just to clarify, the booster doesn't have to be the same vax as the first two shots, correct?

8 hours ago, Lurch said:

In fact, there’s evidence that mixing them is better

My first 2 doses were Moderna. I opted for the Pfizer shot today.

So far so good.