Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

32 minutes ago, Druggist said:

I work the next day and we don’t have enough pharmacist coverage for me to plan to take off.  The good news is if I have a fever, our protocol is for me to take a sick day and they have to deal with it.  There are 4 of us getting shot 2 on Thursday (me the RPh and 3 techs) and our whole workflow will be fucked if 2 or more of us have to be off.

It will be interesting.  I might just have to load up on Tylenol and Advil and push through.

Oh, I did the same thing. I was prepared going into it and figured that I could just tough it out. I regretted that decision, but it was still probably better than having to call and reschedule patients.

38 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This is what happened to one of our surgical hospitals last week. Half the OR called in sick on Friday (the day after)

I swear the vaccination logistics are being handled by monkeys... from the very top, down to the individual facilities

I am blaming Emergency Management.  That whole field is a huge waste of money and resources.  It's just one giant circle jerk over planning, buzzwords and tabletop exercises until something happens and then they don't have a good plan for dealing with whatever occurs anyway.  Also, I have never met someone who was in Emergency Mgmt that wasn't a giant pain in the ass.

Edited by kevwun

What is messed up is our pharmacy is owned by the same group as one of the big two chains.  We got an email saying we have a corporate goal of 80% vaccinated-let us know when you get it.  There was no help locating it and we could not schedule through our corporate partner.  We could easily have been streamlined with them and we are all 1A so it isn’t like we would be line jumping.  Instead we were mucking up the internet and phone scheduling systems with everyone else, adding to the clusterfuck.  This whole process has been so frustrating.

15 hours ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Just double checked my appointment. I’m actually scheduled 2/5. Which means I’ll have the weekend to rest/recover. Was it fatigue, body aches, alien crawling out of chest?

Yes, fatigue, body aches, chills, fever, splitting headache or just "the worst symptoms imaginable". But, more than anything, the aliens.

BTW, part of the reason that I felt like shit the next day may have been due to my alien wife who had the AC on in the afternoon so when I woke up at 3:00am it was 60 degrees in my room.

Edited by Bevo

I read an article with the thinking that if you've been on a good Vitamin D regimen to keep your levels up it may mitigate the post-shot side effects.  So maybe that, along with Vitamin C and zinc, might help reduce the chances of feeling like shit.  But in either event, I don't have anything scheduled tomorrow that I can't push off if I'm laid up in bed.

12 hours ago, Spur08 said:

Fully Moderna vaxxed. Got sick as shit on the 2nd one. Still worth it

You got sick on the 2nd, but not the first?

Got the first shot of Moderna on Jan 22.  Sore injection site was only reaction.  Shot # 2 set up for Feb 19.

20 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I got the first injection today. Apparently, at our local small town vaccination location, not enough people who are eligible (65+ or whatever) sign up to use all the available vaccines, or sign up and don't show up, so they have a waiting list. Sign up for the wait list in advance, show up at your time, wait around a while to see if they have extra (they always do), and get the shot. Wife and I showed up at 11, got the shot at about 12:30.  We have an appointment in three weeks to get the second shot.

As you pull into the parking lot, they direct the waiting list people to park in a certain place. You wait in the car, when someone doesn't show and there is an opening in the sign ups, they come to the car and get you. Actual shot was inside the hospital. Went pretty smoothly, no protesters or any of that bullshit to deal with.

Anybody else got it yet?

I got word that there might be extra doses at Eastfield College today.  Sat in line for an hour this morning only to be turned away.  That's fine.  I'm only there to prevent waste.

54 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I read an article with the thinking that if you've been on a good Vitamin D regimen to keep your levels up it may mitigate the post-shot side effects.  So maybe that, along with Vitamin C and zinc, might help reduce the chances of feeling like shit.  But in either event, I don't have anything scheduled tomorrow that I can't push off if I'm laid up in bed.

Your mom's Vitamin D regimen is spectacular.

• Haha 1

Brat, I believe I've seen you post about your kids/grandkids, etc - an idea might be to find someone in that group who is pretty tech savvy and to give them your login information for whatever online database you're trying to schedule your shot in (if one exists) or to give them the phone numbers of providers in your area. This is what I was able to do for both my parents and inlaws and I found them all appointments that there is no way they would have gotten on their own. Just an idea - no clue if you have someone like that in your circle. 

You got sick on the 2nd, but not the first?
Got the first shot of Moderna on Jan 22.  Sore injection site was only reaction.  Shot # 2 set up for Feb 19.
Yup.

First, no issues

Second, I got my covid shot around 9 AM. I went from not feeling great around 9 PM to uncontrollable shivers at 10 (despite wearing wool socks, sweats, and a hoodie under about 4 blankets).  Those lasted until about 11:30 and then I had a full blown headache w/ cold sweats.  At about 2 or 3 my temp got up to 102ish. Finally came down to normal at 6 pm the following day

25 minutes ago, Spur08 said:

Yup.

First, no issues

Second, I got my covid shot around 9 AM. I went from not feeling great around 9 PM to uncontrollable shivers at 10 (despite wearing wool socks, sweats, and a hoodie under about 4 blankets).  Those lasted until about 11:30 and then I had a full blown headache w/ cold sweats.  At about 2 or 3 my temp got up to 102ish. Finally came down to normal at 6 pm the following day

the chills/shivers were so bad at one point, my body went rigid from the rapid shaking. It only lasted a minute and I jumped in a hot shower to warm up. It was a weird feeling that had never happened to me before.

45 minutes ago, Spur08 said:

Yup.

First, no issues

Now imagine that while seeing patients. It sucked.

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Was 30 minutes late seeing your message, but got Mrs Brat a spot tomorrow morning. By the time I started looking for a time for me, Tuesday was all taken. But got a spot for next Monday.

Thanks so much. This is a huge relief for both of us!

will send boob pics

(j/k)

Dude that's awesome.  Really, very happy and relieved for you both.

And, I presume that any boob pics will be longcat.....and upside down...

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Was 30 minutes late seeing your message, but got Mrs Brat a spot tomorrow morning. By the time I started looking for a time for me, Tuesday was all taken. But got a spot for next Monday.

will send boob pics

(j/k)

Good for you and Mrs. Brat. I just got my first prick 10 minutes ago (#nohomo) and am in a 15-minute post-shot wait to make sure my head doesn’t fall off.

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Good for you and Mrs. Brat. I just got my first prick 10 minutes ago (#nohomo) and am in a 15-minute post-shot wait to make sure my head doesn’t fall off.

If you’re still in line I’m the black caddy in lane 6.  Apparently I got behind a car that didn’t fill out forms ahead of time and had 4 people in it, so watched plenty of others breeze through but I don’t give a shit...so incredibly grateful to be here.  

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

If you’re still in line I’m the black caddy in lane 6.  Apparently I got behind a car that didn’t fill out forms ahead of time and had 4 people in it, so watched plenty of others breeze through but I don’t give a shit...so incredibly grateful to be here.  

I’m in the red Lamborghini.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spur08 said:

Yup.

First, no issues

Received both Pfizer shots, almost my symptoms to a T.  My fever broke a little earlier.  I cant remember when Ive felt worse.

will send boob pics
(j/k)

Having hell getting vaxed in Collin County. Signed up for every nearby county and nothing.

Have boob pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got a call from ARC just before noon, asked if I could come in to either the Buda or Kyle location before 7:00 pm for the Moderna  vaccine. I live in Hays County but have an Austin mailing address. Scheduled a 4:00 at Kyle and was out by 4:30. They were getting folks through at a fast pace. The 2nd shot is set for 2/27 which is a Saturday, but fine with me. Odd thing is the call came up as a Georgetown phone number, when I asked about that she said she was having to use her cell phone as all ARC lines were swamped. 

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sounds like a mess. Even if you don’t get a second dose, you still should be somewhat protected.

Was able to schedule my second dose this Wednesday through APH this evening.  Their FAQ says you should go back to the original provider but with the bulk of Travis County vaccines all going to hubs and the situation I described with my original provider I went ahead and jumped on it.

Here is a link to a recent article on that situation.  Hopefully they get some additional second doses with this visability. I know they have also spoken to a state rep and got some traction at DSHS I believe.  In the meantime I’m not leaving my second shot up to chance.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/confusion-over-guidelines-delays-2nd-covid-19-vaccine-doses-for-1800-central-texans/?fbclid=IwAR1zrxKCBJkztLb93YA4nJw1z-anuqG_XXVqNYAK3tmHWEs4P0CMYoQnrp4

I started getting head achey Sunday night before bed. Woke up 6am today feeling sick. Called in, went back to bed, woke up at 10, felt better, went back to bed, woke up at noon, felt fine.  I probably could have powered through it, but any excuse to use some sick leave, I'm taking it.

Arm is a little sore.

Now I'll be up all night because I slept so late. Anything good on tv tonight?

Wife said she never felt any symptoms, other than a sore arm.

5 people in fanily had the Pfizer shot, first set gets shot two this week.  One had pretty rough 48 hour side effects. Rest no worse than the day after a big night out. 

My poor dad, though.  He was fixated on getting the Moderna shot.  He was actually scheduled to get Moderna through Memorial Hermann first of everybody (Jan 17) but it got canceled. Still no reschedule date.  Then he got another Moderna appointment through Baylor for January 24 and it got postponed to Feb 15. Then a third in Wallisville last Thursday but that got shut down because they overbooked and the town was overrun. So he’s still trying but now will take whatever is available. 

They got a second round of 1000 but they were sent 2 weeks early and they were instructed to use those for first shots rather than sitting on them.  I got mine through First Response Medical of Texas.  They have been really good about posting updates on their FB page.
I received my first from First Medical Response. Same group? They have been unable to provide the second dose - we are a couple weeks over due now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk