Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

I hit rack at 8pm last night and didn't wake up til 8am this morning. Was exhausted. I had felt fine Wed pm, Thurs am, but starting Thurs afternoon got a little wobbly and then came home from baseball game and was out like a light. Feel fine this morning.

i’m hoping that’s the case with me because right now i feel like i’ve been raped by a herd of turtles, and the old man and a cuz of mine are scheduled to make some boudin tomorrow.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i’m hoping that’s the case with me because right now i feel like i’ve been raped by a herd of turtles, and the old man and a cuz of mine are scheduled to make some boudin tomorrow.

Yeah the second shot has been as bad as advertised.  Absolutely wiped me out and a little over 24 hours later I am starting to feel better.  Apparently Moderna is the fuck around and find out of vaccines.

• Like 1

Almost 8 hrs in on 2nd Moderna and this is like waiting for a hurricane to hit land without a radar. So far only thing I can tell is my arm is definitely way more sore than the first shot. I didn't have any soreness on the first one.

Got a brewery anniversary to go to at noon tomorrow so hoping this is only a category 1 hurricane and not a 5

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Yeah the second shot has been as bad as advertised.  Absolutely wiped me out and a little over 24 hours later I am starting to feel better.  Apparently Moderna is the fuck around and find out of vaccines.

My whole family got moderna and 12 hours in is go time. Varying degrees of Body aches and chills, fatigue. 

Of my 6 family members over the age of 75 who have had both Moderna shots, none had anything more than a sore arm for a couple of days. Idid have a few moments of unsteadiness in the shower the next day after #2, but don’t think it was related.

Several other extended family members (frontline essential responders) in their 30s reported no ill side effects after completing their shots.

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I am 19 hours in on moderna#2. Had no issues throughout night....no sweats, fever, chills, headache.

Only issue i am having is my arm feels like its about to fall off lol. Soreness is pretty hardcore.

I’m trying to imagine Mr. T saying that, just can’t. 

• Like 1

Mom and dad have had both Moderna, and are doing fine.

Wife has had both Pfizer, and no problems.

I get my second Moderna on April Fools Day.

My oldest (21) had her first Moderna 2 weeks ago.

My sister has had both rounds of Pfizer with no issues.  My brother is waiting for the J&J, since his doc recommended that flavor due to a heart issue he has (no idea why).

My 3 nephews  (22, 21 and 16) have all had one dose of Pfizer.

FIL has had both Pfizer, with no issues.  MIL refuses to take any vaccine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Received my first Pfizer shot yesterday morning. Arm feels similar to the when I got the dtap a couple years ago. Nothing else, hope my immune system works. 

Sounds like you’ll be dead in 3 hours 

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

Are you in the hospital or is that an old pic?

Every picture of Armybrat is of when he was younger.  

As Mitch Hedberg once said, "It'd be weird if photos of you were of when you were older.  Hey man, lemme see that camera!"  

On 3/25/2021 at 7:09 PM, Sbbruin said:

Yeah I'm about 3 hrs post Moderna #2. Nothing yet.

Took the day off tomorrow mostly because I have a shitton of vacation. What's the thinking on alcohol post vaccine?

Had the 1st Moderna Thursday in Bulverde. Stopped in the local wine bar and had 5 beers. Another local had his 1st shot that day also and had a couple glasses of wine. All good except a little soreness at injection site.

13 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Had the 1st Moderna Thursday in Bulverde. Stopped in the local wine bar and had 5 beers. Another local had his 1st shot that day also and had a couple glasses of wine. All good except a little soreness at injection site.

Sounds like you and that local fella really hit it off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just got home from Moderna #2 at Delco. Spent 2 gross and steamy hours waiting in line in the parking lot. The first one was at Dove Springs, because I live south off Brodie. No idea why they assigned me to that location. And TRAFFIC!!! My gawd, I'm not used to it anymore. Got cranky and picked up a 6-pack on the way home.

No side effects yet. If they hit at 12 hours afterward, hoping to sleep through them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just stumbled onto this thread. Had 2nd Moderna 3 weeks ago, and now showing a strong antibody response on a home test (got them by participating in a study). Had a mild reaction the day after. No fever or aches, but it felt like you feel the day before you come down with a cold, which I think was the immune response kicking in.   

Good luck to all getting them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Signed up the wife and I for next Wednesday at a CVS 15 minutes away. Pfizer 1st shot with the 2nd shot scheduled for 4/21. Let's go!

And interestingly enough when we were out today, we each got a text from Dallas County that they had availability for both of us to get our 1st shot tomorrow at Fair Park at 2pm. So I'll get my first microchip installed then. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

And interestingly enough when we were out today, we each got a text from Dallas County that they had availability for both of us to get our 1st shot tomorrow at Fair Park at 2pm. So I'll get my first microchip installed then. 

5G is so bad ass. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I can't wait to have a really irrational love of Microsoft products. 

Teams has better functionality than Google meet and zoom combined when you factor in the IM feature. So damn the vax must be bill gates fucking with me.

The Wife and I are 30hrs in to our 1st Moderna shots. 
We get flu shots every year. This damn shot had my arm 10x as sore! 
I workout 3-4 days a week; lift, kettlebells etc. and this shit hurt.

From a side-affect standpoint, we both felt a little “off” today, like we’re were coming  down with something. But nothing too serious. I’m pretty sure I had covid back in December. Never got tested, just sequestered myself at home and fought through it. Today, for about :30 min I felt the same way.

You guys got me scared about the 2nd shot (4/28).

#FUCovid

4 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

The Wife and I are 30hrs in to our 1st Moderna shots. 
We get flu shots every year. This damn shot had my arm 10x as sore! 
I workout 3-4 days a week; lift, kettlebells etc. and this shit hurt.

From a side-affect standpoint, we both felt a little “off” today, like we’re were coming  down with something. But nothing too serious. I’m pretty sure I had covid back in December. Never got tested, just sequestered myself at home and fought through it. Today, for about :30 min I felt the same way.

You guys got me scared about the 2nd shot (4/28).

#FUCovid

I had the exact same side effects on dose one of pfizer.  dose two and my arm was less sore and no other side effects.  I was prepared to curl into a ball and cry myself to sleep with flu like symptoms.  might not happen to you.

1 minute ago, troph said:

I had the exact same side effects on dose one of pfizer.  dose two and my arm was less sore and no other side effects.  I was prepared to curl into a ball and cry myself to sleep with flu like symptoms.  might not happen to you.

Damn. Hate to hear that. Assume you’re feeling better. 
I debated on getting it, at all.

As I mentioned, I exercise regularly, take my vitamins and try to maintain a somewhat healthy diet. (whataburger’s sell out actually helped save me about 50K calories a year😅)  

My point, I hardly ever get sick. Prior to the December episode, it had been years since I’d gotten sick. Sure a sinus infection/headache here and there, but never SICK. 
But when I do...oh Man, I’m a wuss. I can’t play hurt and I HATE being sick. So, I am NOT looking forward to shot #2.  I’m sort of pissed that I let my Wife talk me into it.  I’m just tired of all this mask shit (yes, I’ll still wear it) and the restrictions- I’m ready for it to be over. And yes, I know I’m preaching to the choir and I know many lives have been lost and many others negativity affected (I lost my job due to COVID)

Anyway, It just sucks all the way around. 

10 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Damn. Hate to hear that. Assume you’re feeling better. 
I debated on getting it, at all.

As I mentioned, I exercise regularly, take my vitamins and try to maintain a somewhat healthy diet. (whataburger’s sell out actually helped save me about 50K calories a year😅)  

My point, I hardly ever get sick. Prior to the December episode, it had been years since I’d gotten sick. Sure a sinus infection/headache here and there, but never SICK. 
But when I do...oh Man, I’m a wuss. I can’t play hurt and I HATE being sick. So, I am NOT looking forward to shot #2.  I’m sort of pissed that I let my Wife talk me into it.  I’m just tired of all this mask shit (yes, I’ll still wear it) and the restrictions- I’m ready for it to be over. And yes, I know I’m preaching to the choir and I know many lives have been lost and many others negativity affected (I lost my job due to COVID)

Anyway, It just sucks all the way around. 

No issues second dose that’s what I’m saying. I’m fine. You might not have a miserable second dose experience even though first dose hit you. 

and we are done with covid - we will wear masks and whatever but we won’t stop doing things we want to to - movies, restaurants, air travel, friends, dinner parties, all of it we are back at it 100%.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

Man, those "chills" people talked about...those weren't like a little shakey-poo back and forth.  For about 10 minutes, I couldn't control my body at 3:00am today, felt like a director's cut outtake from "Trainspotting."  That was fucking weird.  Otherwise, just headache and fatigue.  Weird thing is my arm was sore as shit for 72 hours last time, second shot only lasted 24 hours of arm pain.  All in all, 36 hours later...glad I did it.  But wow, those "chills" were fucking bizarre.  

I feel like second shot side-effects stories will be like the stories Louis C.K. talks about regarding flight delays when he says, "People complain about sitting at the gate for 45 minutes like it's a fucking tribulation worthy of a story.  Oh, and after you delay...did you magically fly sitting in a chair in the fucking sky...traversing New York to Los Angeles in a few hours instead of a few months?"  

"Oh, you didn't fell well for 24 hours?  Well were you miraculously 'cured' by a vaccine that took billions of dollars and tens of thousands of people to create?  But your head hurt for a few minutes?"  

I know some people got really sick after theirs, and we all still need to see if we're okay with fighting off the virus in 6 months...but high five.