Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

38 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am actually hoping it somehow gives me super powers.  Not sure if I am going to be a super hero or a super villain.  Still working on what direction I want to go.

Always choose the villain, just don't do something stupid  like set up a death ray to kill the hero and then leave...just shoot the motherfucker and rule the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I did it. The system is so fucked that if it can’t find your email, it gives you a message to add “.aph” after the “.com” in your email address and try again. Seriously, who’s their web developer? He should be fired.

They already fired the one who soaked APH for $3 million in their failed attempt to develop a new site.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Jagermeister.

Appropriate since the day after my second shot, I felt like I drank half a bottle of that shit.  And then smashed the rest of the bottle over my skull.  

Whose idea was it to overlap vaccine season and Lent?  

Got second Pfizer yesterday at noon. Arm felt sore almost immediately and I just felt kinda weird. Woke up at 5am with flu-lite symptoms. Took some Advil around 7:30 and slept for a couple hours and feel better than I did.

I didn’t have any reaction besides a little soreness after the first dose.

Got the second round of Moderna at noon yesterday.  Couldn't sleep worth a shit last night and just generally feel like crap today.  Also have chills, and of course a sore arm. I haven't shit my pants yet, so I have that going for me.  

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Now that is brave.  Willingly give yourself a hangover when a vaccine induced one is already on the way?

Makes a certain kind of sense.  If you expect to be hungover anyway, might as well enjoy the getting drunk portion beforehand.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, texanbychoice said:

Just got my J&J 10 minutes ago.

Nice knowing you.

scheduled for a J&J on monday...although supposedly they fucked something up? i'm wondering if that will impact my appointment?

also, looking at efficacy rates (or whatever the term is)... J&J is like mid 60's% and i feel like i heard it's like 80% after the first with the 2 shot-ers. i won't be able to get the second dose, but i should be rooting for the J&J to be out of stock and to just get a single dose of one of the others?

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

scheduled for a J&J on monday...although supposedly they fucked something up? i'm wondering if that will impact my appointment?

also, looking at efficacy rates (or whatever the term is)... J&J is like mid 60's% and i feel like i heard it's like 80% after the first with the 2 shot-ers. i won't be able to get the second dose, but i should be rooting for the J&J to be out of stock and to just get a single dose of one of the others?

J&J does just as well as the others when it comes to preventing severe illness and hospitalization (all 3 are at or near 100% for both).  I wouldn't hesitate to get any of the 3.  Not sure I'd get AstraZeneca with all the shenanigans going on with that, but it's not approved in the US anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got my second Moderna at 515 yesterday. Through last night and this morning, just had sore arm and a little headache. Was supposed to watch a movie doubleheader with the kiddos this afternoon. Kicked in hard, second movie replaced by 150 minute nap. Just super sore everywhere, 101.3 fever, blahhhh. Nap helped a bit

Wife got J&J yesterday morn, had chills last night and feels hungover with a miserable headache today.

5 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Got the second round of Moderna at noon yesterday.  Couldn't sleep worth a shit last night and just generally feel like crap today.  Also have chills, and of course a sore arm. I haven't shit my pants yet, so I have that going for me.  

I’m now 31 hours removed from my second Moderna shot and I’m running 101 fever with chills and a general feeling of shit. This may be the end for Cabowabo. 

Second Moderna yesterday with the beloved who did all the leg work. 

The first shot slapped my dick in the dirt for about 3 days. Nausea & headached on a sporadic schedule. Sore shoulders and neck.

Second shot, just the sore shoulders and neck with occasional headache pains that pass pretty quickly.

Just the reverse for my beloved.

Big thanks to all the people volunteering at the Delco Center.

A sweet, aging Asian doctor gave me my shot. Super nice help everywhere you turned.

Edited by RomaVicta

Got my second Moderna at 515 yesterday. Through last night and this morning, just had sore arm and a little headache. Was supposed to watch a movie doubleheader with the kiddos this afternoon. Kicked in hard, second movie replaced by 150 minute nap. Just super sore everywhere, 101.3 fever, blahhhh. Nap helped a bit

Wife got J&J yesterday morn, had chills last night and feels hungover with a miserable headache today.
Yep, I got second moderna yesterday at 4. Was fine this morning and thought I'd be good to go. Somewhere around lunch got super tired and body aches.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Really looking forward to the 2nd moderna after reading this thread.  

LOL no kidding. My wife and I get our second shots at the same time tomorrow while the two toddlers are beginning their 3 day weekend. Does Vicodin mask the side effects of the vaccine? Asking for a friend. 

14 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

LOL no kidding. My wife and I get our second shots at the same time tomorrow while the two toddlers are beginning their 3 day weekend. Does Vicodin mask the side effects of the vaccine? Asking for a friend. 

Vicodin, weed, booze.  I think they all have a similar effect.  My arm was really fucking sore on round one for 2 days, but I’m planning for a little downtime for round 2.  Pushed a flight a day just in case, which had already been pushed a few weeks due to us having the opportunity to be fully vaccinated before traveling.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:04 PM, StruggleBus said:

Don’t let the drama queens scare you. You might feel shitty for a little while. I felt shitty for a little while. And then it goes away. 

I got my first moderna shot Tuesday at 2pm. Nothing since but a slightly sore arm. I was already pretty much convinced I had it last September, this feels like confirmation.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:08 PM, CooterBrown said:

I did it. The system is so fucked that if it can’t find your email, it gives you a message to add “.aph” after the “.com” in your email address and try again. Seriously, who’s their web developer? He should be fired.

Yep, same shit here. I was tired and trying to logon, finally gave up. Went back later and saw the .aph shit...that did it. Idiots.

Got 2nd Moderna on Wednesday. 12 hours later was up in the middle of the night with racing heartbeat, chills, fever and nausea and insomnia. Got up to get a drink and almost fainted in the kitchen. Today has been the suck too. Feel like I have the flu but no coughing. Hopefully you won't need it, but plan for 36-48 hours of feeling hellish. Glad I didn't get Covid.

Edited by used2b
  • Like 1

How the fuck is it easy for people in bumfuck Texas (Brenham, Navasota, The Panhandle, etc...) to get the fucking vaccine, but you cannot even sniff an appointment in NYC? Most doctors and med practices aren’t getting it. I got an appointment on March 10th for May 1st, and I was lucky to get that. A friend has been trying to get her appointment for two weeks and nothing.

Seems like they need to prioritize NYC a bit to thwart the different variants, especially as we get into Spring and see tourism increase.