Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

7 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

I got my first moderna shot Tuesday at 2pm. Nothing since but a slightly sore arm. I was already pretty much convinced I had it last September, this feels like confirmation.

If you'd already had COVID, it's the first shot that is supposed to be rough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

How the fuck is it easy for people in bumfuck Texas (Brenham, Navasota, The Panhandle, etc...) to get the fucking vaccine, but you cannot even sniff an appointment in NYC? Most doctors and med practices aren’t getting it. I got an appointment on March 10th for May 1st, and I was lucky to get that. A friend has been trying to get her appointment for two weeks and nothing.

Seems like they need to prioritize NYC a bit to thwart the different variants, especially as we get into Spring and see tourism increase.

“Seems like they need to prioritize NYC” says random person living in NYC

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This ought to be interesting.

I NEVER run a fever.  I think I've had the flu or something similar once in the last 15 or so years.  That was last March.  Covid?

Anyway, I got the first Pfizer shot and didn't feel a thing.  Arm wasn't even sore.  

After reading the past few pages, I'm really curious as to what kinds of effects I'll have with #2 on Sat. morning.  I'll check back.

Edit: Wife is on the same schedule.  She had arm soreness on #1.  So, we'll both be guinea pigs.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

“Seems like they need to prioritize NYC” says random person living in NYC

Considering that a lot of the spread initially actually originated in NYC (from people who traveled here or people from here who traveled), yeah, they fucking should.  

There are stories all over the place of people in small town USA that can basically get the vaccine same day.  In New York, people are having to wait weeks and months because of a lack of appointments.  Cases here are up because of that.  Long and short, big cities should be prioritized over small rural areas if for no other reason than population density.  Of course, NYC also has large vulnerable populations as well (old, immigrant, multi-generational living in cramped spaces, minority) that are also good arguments for putting more supply here.

How the fuck is it easy for people in bumfuck Texas (Brenham, Navasota, The Panhandle, etc...) to get the fucking vaccine, but you cannot even sniff an appointment in NYC? Most doctors and med practices aren’t getting it. I got an appointment on March 10th for May 1st, and I was lucky to get that. A friend has been trying to get her appointment for two weeks and nothing.

Seems like they need to prioritize NYC a bit to thwart the different variants, especially as we get into Spring and see tourism increase.

Because there are a significant number of Texans who won't get it for political reasons. In guessing that's not the case in NYC

Because there are a significant number of Texans who won't get it for political reasons. In guessing that's not the case in NYC

This. There is way more demand than supply in urban Texas. Those people are seeking out appointments in Trump country. There is no Odessa/Amarillo/Lubbock equivalent in NY.

In drive thru for Pfizer 2. No side effects from first shot. Have had a cold/sinus infection this week (negative covid test) not no fever for 24+ hours so I figured I’d get the shot as scheduled. Barely slept last night though so I’m sure this will be a fun 24-36 hours.

Edit: Barely felt the first shot but they stuck that shit deep into my shoulder this time. Ow.

This. There is way more demand than supply in urban Texas. Those people are seeking out appointments in Trump country. There is no Odessa/Amarillo/Lubbock equivalent in NY.

Same in CO. Lots of appointments to be had on the Western Slope, but the Denver metro area is tight.

I'm starting to wonder if the bottleneck isn't supply, but throughput. There's only so many places to get a shot, and so many people qualified to administer them. As we've noted, it's not an issue out in the sticks but could be in urban areas. 
From what I've read here, appointments are easy to come by in Amarillo. This is political.

Stolen from the other thread:
884bf5a3092a4dfa069f0172b565387d.jpg

32 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

28 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

26 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm starting to wonder if the bottleneck isn't supply, but throughput. There's only so many places to get a shot, and so many people qualified to administer them. As we've noted, it's not an issue out in the sticks but could be in urban areas. 

Oh, there is Trump country.  It is called Staten Island (and some of the insular communities in Queens and Brooklyn).  However, at least here in the city, there are currently 432 places to get vaccinated. That includes some pharmacies (not all) and some hospitals (not all), but hardly any private medical practices or even the urgent care locations.  That is because of supply constraints, which while they are getting better, are still there.  They need to reallocate vaccines from areas that have low demand to those with higher demand.  If demand picks up in these areas, then they can reallocate, but get those in the urban areas done as quick as you can.  

22 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

From what I've read here, appointments are easy to come by in Amarillo. This is political.

Stolen from the other thread:
884bf5a3092a4dfa069f0172b565387d.jpg

I have said this on various threads, but the CVS website has shown availability for shots in Lubbock every single day since it launched while 90-95% of the other cities always show fully booked.  There is a reason the gov announced his lifting of the mask mandate in the hub city.

Oh, there is Trump country.  It is called Staten Island (and some of the insular communities in Queens and Brooklyn).  However, at least here in the city, there are currently 432 places to get vaccinated. That includes some pharmacies (not all) and some hospitals (not all), but hardly any private medical practices or even the urgent care locations.  That is because of supply constraints, which while they are getting better, are still there.  They need to reallocate vaccines from areas that have low demand to those with higher demand.  If demand picks up in these areas, then they can reallocate, but get those in the urban areas done as quick as you can.  

Right, but in a relative sense that Trumpy area is a much smaller piece of the pie, especially in NYC. And then even the population centers upstate are Democratic. In aggregate, more demand stress. Tend to agree with reprioritizing allocations at this point, but you also have to be careful about removing access. What you described sounds pretty similar to urban areas in Texas at this point. We just have the option to drive a couple hours to the confederacy.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I had no idea Staten Island was such a shithole. Only borough I’ve never been to and now I never will. 

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You can always get an appt on Staten Island...

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You can always get an appt on Staten Island...

Alas, no you cannot.  Because there are no appointments to be had, or at least any before May 1.  I have my appointment May 1.  My friend, who had been trying to get an appointment for two weeks, finally got one for May 24.

A lot of places that should have doses up here, do not.  I tis not efficient at all.  

Remember, there are 20M+ people that live in the NYC Metro.  That is a lot of people to get vaccinated.  Seems like they should be getting doses to as many sites as possible. That does not seem like that is happening.  It could be incompetance by the city/state (would not shock me either), but yeah, it is kind of a shitshow up here.  

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Alas, no you cannot.  Because there are no appointments to be had, or at least any before May 1.  I have my appointment May 1.  My friend, who had been trying to get an appointment for two weeks, finally got one for May 24.

A lot of places that should have doses up here, do not.  I tis not efficient at all.  

Remember, there are 20M+ people that live in the NYC Metro.  That is a lot of people to get vaccinated.  Seems like they should be getting doses to as many sites as possible. That does not seem like that is happening.  It could be incompetance by the city/state (would not shock me either), but yeah, it is kind of a shitshow up here.  

Sounds like a delivery issue, not a supply issue.  New York is getting just as many doses as everyone else, as a % of population.

I'd look outside the NYC metro area to see if you could get in somewhere else faster.  Long Island, upstate, whatever you need to do.  Maybe even visit a state that doesn't have the demand New York does.  I was about to book an appointment for myself in Wyoming or Texas when I finally scored one locally.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewbacca said:

Sounds like a delivery issue, not a supply issue.  New York is getting just as many doses as everyone else, as a % of population.

I'd look outside the NYC metro area to see if you could get in somewhere else faster.  Long Island, upstate, whatever you need to do.  Maybe even visit a state that doesn't have the demand New York does.  I was about to book an appointment for myself in Wyoming or Texas when I finally scored one locally.

You are required to be a resident of that state or work in that state.  I do neither.  There is also the small issue of no car to travel to those places since I live in Manhattan and having a car would be fucking stupid.  Long and short, I pay an assload of taxes, and that should come with a minimum fucking level of service by my federal, state, and local govt.

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You are required to be a resident of that state or work in that state.  I do neither.  There is also the small issue of no car to travel to those places since I live in Manhattan and having a car would be fucking stupid.  Long and short, I pay an assload of taxes, and that should come with a minimum fucking level of service by my federal, state, and local govt.

You are getting the same level of service as the rest of the country on the federal level.  Look to your state and local officials on this one.

And you're not the only one that pays a lot of taxes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Actually, this is false.  NY State is full of rural-ish Trumpy places, especially if you are willing to travel as far as those cities are from the urban hubs.

I might guess that if @PenelopeWitherspoon looked for availability outside the typical NYC bedroom communities, she might hit a bonanza.  Go west, young lady!

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, this is false.  NY State is full of rural-ish Trumpy places, especially if you are willing to travel as far as those cities are from the urban hubs.

I might guess that if @PenelopeWitherspoon looked for availability outside the typical NYC bedroom communities, she might hit a bonanza.  Go west, young lady!

She doesn't want to leave the city, even for a vaccine.  I think that much is clear.

53 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

She doesn't want to leave the city, even for a vaccine.  I think that much is clear.

It becomes an issue of time, effort, and money.  Time and money because if I am not working, I am not billing hours.  Further,  why should I go through the expense of renting a car (or flying somewhere as some others have suggested) when I pay 6 figures in taxes?     

If you want jabs in arms as quickly as possible, seems like you need to increase the number of sites to get a vaccine.  In NYC, with a population of 8.5M in the 4 boroughs, there are only 432 vaccination sites. More restaurants in NYC have closed during COVID than we have vaccination sites.  And the horror stories I am hearing from the vaccination sites (3 hour lines at Javits) are not encouraging either. 

Private practices are not receiving vaccines.  I belong to One Medical (it is concierge, but it was $199 for the year and I could make appointments for COVID tests which is better than the wait in line process at City Med in the New York winter) and they have yet to receive vaccines, and quite frankly, I doubt they do.  Other private practices have no vaccines. 

It is really pathetic that I pay massive amounts of state and local income taxes (and don't get to write them off on my federal taxes thanks to the cap), and this is the shitshow that happens in my state and city.  It also comes down to if there are regions in Bumfuck New York where people are not taking the vaccine, those doses need to be sent to the city, and they need to open up more vaccination sites, or start sending them to private practice.  But I would not be shocked if DeBlasio and Cuomo are having another slap flight over that just like they have over most things COVID related.  

15 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It becomes an issue of time, effort, and money.  Time and money because if I am not working, I am not billing hours.  Further,  why should I go through the expense of renting a car (or flying somewhere as some others have suggested) when I pay 6 figures in taxes?     

If you want jabs in arms as quickly as possible, seems like you need to increase the number of sites to get a vaccine.  In NYC, with a population of 8.5M in the 4 boroughs, there are only 432 vaccination sites. More restaurants in NYC have closed during COVID than we have vaccination sites.  And the horror stories I am hearing from the vaccination sites (3 hour lines at Javits) are not encouraging either. 

Private practices are not receiving vaccines.  I belong to One Medical (it is concierge, but it was $199 for the year and I could make appointments for COVID tests which is better than the wait in line process at City Med in the New York winter) and they have yet to receive vaccines, and quite frankly, I doubt they do.  Other private practices have no vaccines. 

It is really pathetic that I pay massive amounts of state and local income taxes (and don't get to write them off on my federal taxes thanks to the cap), and this is the shitshow that happens in my state and city.  It also comes down to if there are regions in Bumfuck New York where people are not taking the vaccine, those doses need to be sent to the city, and they need to open up more vaccination sites, or start sending them to private practice.  But I would not be shocked if DeBlasio and Cuomo are having another slap flight over that just like they have over most things COVID related.  

You pay 6 figures in taxes?  No way!

It seems your real beef here is that you're being made to wait in line with the rest of gen pop.  And you don't like it one bit.  I'm not sure why the amount of taxes you pay should move you closer to the front of the line.  Maybe you could elaborate on that one?

At the end of the day, either you're willing to do what it will take to get vaxxed sooner (rent a car or fly somewhere else) or you're not.  Up to you.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Makes me wonder if it would be better to send more j&j to places like nyc for one shot vs two

Seems like you probably have more local issues than federal. I assume places like midland and Lubbock will start getting less amounts if there isn’t demand. But the states decide where their doses are allocated

Must admit that cvs had a smooth process

20 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Post your stub or fuck off

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Post your stub or fuck off

18 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

And tax return.

Fuck both of you.

I expect to get a little fucking return for my taxes.  God fucking knows I don't get much, but asking for it not to take two fucking months to get a damned vaccine appointment isn't that hard.  

Signed someone who is secure in herself to not kowtow to a bunch of internet tough guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck both of you.

I expect to get a little fucking return for my taxes.  God fucking knows I don't get much, but asking for it not to take two fucking months to get a damned vaccine appointment isn't that hard.  

Signed someone who is secure in herself to not kowtow to a bunch of internet tough guys.

Yeah you're really getting bullied here.  You nailed it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I love the Fuck You. I was being serious. Monaco has made it very easy for anyone with cash to go and get vaccinated. 

My usual attitude is a little off at the moment.  I just came back from getting stuck in the elevator, which is my fucking nightmare.  SO, not really doing so great at the moment.  A little worked up.  

Apologies.  

And great for them.  If I lived in Europe, that might be more of an option.  I make really good money, but I do not make private jet money.

20 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck both of you.

Lulz.  

28 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

My usual attitude is a little off at the moment.  I just came back from getting stuck in the elevator, which is my fucking nightmare.  SO, not really doing so great at the moment.  A little worked up.  

Apologies.  

And great for them.  If I lived in Europe, that might be more of an option.  I make really good money, but I do not make private jet money.

Catch a flight to Lubbock or Amarillo... Mexican nationals are doing it