Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Moderna #2 is done.  Not looking forward to the next 24-48 hours.

Got my Moderna #2 last week. Was fine for the first 24 hrs and then incredibly fatigued for the next 48 with some swelling and soreness in my vaccine arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Pfizer 2 on Sunday afternoon. Felt fine Monday, went to work and all. Monday evening felt kinda “blah”. Today, Tuesday, I woke up feeling like absolute dogshit. Low grade fever, exhausted, stomach nauseous and hurting like a bitch (was my only symptom of Pfizer one, albeit much much milder). Hopeful I feel better tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Ended up having zero side effects from the second shot while my wife has been curled up on the couch since yesterday. I’m sure that has earned me dog house status, but I’ll take it.

You should probably pretend you're suffering too, so it doesn't come back to haunt you.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, TxTower said:

Got my Moderna #2 last week. Was fine for the first 24 hrs and then incredibly fatigued for the next 48 with some swelling and soreness in my vaccine arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at 24 hours now.  Other than some chills last night (no fever), I feel good.  Hope it lasts.

40 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You should probably pretend you're suffering too, so it doesn't come back to haunt you.

Probably, but when she asked why I wasn’t having side effects, the response “Because I’m awesome” seemed better at the time. We’ve been married long enough that being in the dog house occasionally isn’t a bad thing. I was already there for being in the middle of her and the kids argument over stupid shit, so might as well double down.

Her birthday is this week, and I bought her jewelry. I’ll be clear by the weekend.

Edited by Brew
  • Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, Brew said:

Probably, but when she asked why I wasn’t having side effects, the response “Because I’m awesome” seemed better at the time. We’ve been married long enough that being in the dog house occasionally isn’t a bad thing. I was already there for being in the middle of her and the kids argument over stupid shit, so might as well double down.

Her birthday is this week, and I bought her jewelry. I’ll be clear by the weekend.

My wife got vaccinated back in Jan/Feb and had no side effects.  So now, even if I have any, you better believe I'll have to pretend I don't, so I don't get called out for being wimpy and lame.

3 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Finally getting my turn. Moderna #1 at HEB in about an hour. On track for almost full efficacy by Memorial Day.

Yeah I was hoping to get to full efficacy before the NASCAR race at COTA, on 5/23.  But the way it worked out, it'll actually be a week later during Memorial Day weekend, on 5/31.

But I figure catching COVID is probably the least of my worries, attending a NASCAR event...

So I'm about 21 hrs past the second shot. Whoever mentioned the vivid dreams up thread was spot on. Man, I woke up screaming from a nightmare about 1 AM, then tossed and turned the rest of the night. Arm is more sore than shot 1, and I do have some muscle soreness in both shoulders at the base of the neck. I've already cleared my afternoon schedule in anticipation of needing a nap. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

Finally getting my turn. Moderna #1 at HEB in about an hour. On track for almost full efficacy by Memorial Day.

Well, that was one of the easiest things I've ever done. Since I already had paperwork filled out, it took me about 5 minutes total from parking lot to done. The shot itself felt like the nurse lightly flicked me in the arm.

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

24 hrs after Moderna #2.

Slight headache and really sore shoulder.

FWIW, It was recommended to me to hydrate as much as possible.  I think I am on quart #16 over the last 48 hrs.  I am now peeing every 20 or so min, but thought it might be worth passing on.

There was a time yesterday evening I definitely felt dehydrated. I downed a 16 oz Gatorade and drank more water than usual yesterday evening and today. Not much of a headache now, but the fever and chills have hit. I’m in joggers and a hoodie, in bed under blankets, with dachshunds snuggled up on me, and I’m still shivering. 

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

had pretty bad stomach pain along with projectile shits at 4 am.  gonna go eat nashville chicken because if i'm gonna have stomach pain i might as well have it for a good reason.

May I recommend a 5 pound bag of sugar-free gummy bears?

• Haha 2

On 4/21/2021 at 8:40 AM, Brew said:

Ended up having zero side effects from the second shot while my wife has been curled up on the couch since yesterday. I’m sure that has earned me dog house status, but I’ll take it.

My doctor told me that feeling sick after the first dose but not the second one is possible evidence that you had covid earlier but didn't know it.

Wife and I both tested positive back in July.

2nd dose administered beginning of April.

Got the shot that morning.  Felt fine all day until bed time.  Started getting soreness/aches.

Tossed and turned all night, didn't sleep much.

Morning after took a couple Tylenol and was fine within an hour.

4 hours ago, Bookman said:

My doctor told me that feeling sick after the first dose but not the second one is possible evidence that you had covid earlier but didn't know it.

I strongly suspected that I caught a case back in August last year, but never confirmed with an antibody test. Just felt moderately crappy one day and then a week later lost sense of smell for about 10 days. 

Anyways, I just hit the 24-hour mark post Moderna #1 and woke up this morning feeling like I went the distance in an MMA fight after feeling fine yesterday.

Injection arm stiff as a board, achy, fatigued, and mild headache. 

It's still not 100%, but I'm even more confident of prior infection and that my body recognizes the spike proteins. 

After about 9 hours of 101 fever yesterday afternoon and evening, I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. Went to bed about 9:00 last night and got a pretty good nights sleep, after getting about 2 hrs the night before. Still have a touch of a headache, but almost all of the body stiffness and soreness is gone. Even the injection arm is back to about 90%. 

Pfizer #2 yesterday morning.  Fine yesterday but couldn't get out of bed until nearly 10am this morning.  No fever but feel like I'm recovering from a brutal and really long workout and I have zero energy.

Everyone does know that if they need pain relievers to take acetaminophen and not ibuprofen?  Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory and the vaccines work via inflammation response.

I have a Terry Black's order to pickup this afternoon to force me to move.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Does it not concern those who got the second shot and felt sick afterward? I just don't know of any other vaccine that makes someone feel sick after getting it.

Shingles vaccines were 10x worse post shot than Pfizer Covid vaccine. And that’s common. It’s also a two dose vaccine. The first and second doses gave me a mid level fever. Only the second Pfizer dose gave me a slight fever.

6 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

Does it not concern those who got the second shot and felt sick afterward? I just don't know of any other vaccine that makes someone feel sick after getting it.

That's how these MRNA vaccines are supposed to work, as far as I understand.

Viruses can’t reproduce themselves. They need a host. The coronavirus uses a spike protein to gain entry into the cells and start the replication process that makes us sick. In developing mRNA vaccines, scientists zeroed in on a unique spike protein that is found on the surface of the virus. On its own, this spike protein is incapable of causing COVID-19. The mRNA vaccines work by relaying a set of instructions for how to build this protein, with the goal of teaching your immune system how to disarm it.

After injection, the vaccine particles come into contact with immune system cells and deliver the mRNA message: you need to make this spike protein, and here’s how. As the vaccinated cells start churning out the spike protein, other immune system cells realize that the protein should not be there. That’s when the battle begins.

“The immune system starts building an immune response and making antibodies,” says Aisha Langford, PhD, MPH, assistant professor in NYU Langone’s Department of Population Health. “And that’s how we train the immune system to recognize the spike protein, and that’s what protects us from being infected.”

Your body continues to produce antibodies until all the spike proteins have been destroyed. At the end of this natural immune process, your immune system has the knowledge it needs to recognize the spike protein and fend off future exposure to the virus. So if the virus enters the body, the immune system will identify and attack it.

Reactions after receiving the vaccine, such as headaches, chills, joint pain, and muscle soreness at the injection site, are normal and expected. “These are not allergic reactions, but actually a sign that the vaccine is producing an immune response,” says Michael S. Phillips, MD, NYU Langone’s chief epidemiologist.

https://nyulangone.org/news/how-mrna-vaccines-prevent-covid-19

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Got Moderna #2 yesterday around noon. Felt fine yesterday but couldn't sleep well last night. Woke up at 7 and tried to go back to sleep. Got up at 9 can't sleep anymore. Feel kinda warm and with the common arm soreness. Overall tho I feel fine. It's been exactly 24 hours.

24 hrs was when the SHTF for me. The next 12 hrs was the suck, but I'm way better now. 

• Like 1

Just got Pfizer #2. They told me not to laminate my card, which I was planning on doing, because of the booster. But I plan to start traveling very soon. So wouldn't it be better to laminate the card to avoid hassles that would arise if it were to get damaged?

I think in six months when lots of people are getting boosters they'll just be issuing new cards or have some digital system set up.

• Hook 'Em 1