Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

23 minutes ago, Orale said:

Just got Pfizer #2. They told me not to laminate my card, which I was planning on doing, because of the booster. But I plan to start traveling very soon. So wouldn't it be better to laminate the card to avoid hassles that would arise if it were to get damaged?

I think in six months when lots of people are getting boosters they'll just be issuing new cards or have some digital system set up.

I asked the lady at Walmart if I could laminate mine. She said it was fine, and if there's a booster they could just write you a new card. Same if you lost your card. You are in the system, and they can give you a new one with batch numbers and everything. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

Shingles vaccines were 10x worse post shot than Pfizer Covid vaccine. And that’s common. It’s also a two dose vaccine. The first and second doses gave me a mid level fever. Only the second Pfizer dose gave me a slight fever.

Shingles vax was so much worse. 12 solid hours of "If I died right now, I'd probably be ok with it" worse. 

1 hour ago, Orale said:

Just got Pfizer #2. They told me not to laminate my card, which I was planning on doing, because of the booster. But I plan to start traveling very soon. So wouldn't it be better to laminate the card to avoid hassles that would arise if it were to get damaged?

I think in six months when lots of people are getting boosters they'll just be issuing new cards or have some digital system set up.

I got us those plastic ID card holders from Amazon so you can remove it when you get the booster.

• Hook 'Em 2

Office Depot will apparently photocopy your card in wallet size and laminate for you. I think it is free.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
3 hours ago, Orale said:

Office Depot will apparently photocopy your card in wallet size and laminate for you. I think it is free.

That's a great idea.

4 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

In Alaska, had shot number 2 done in Feb.  Visiting Texas this summer.  What am I looking at wrt stores, restaurants? Is mask wearing optional, or did stores all give in and have sign posted? I like the shield only. Will mostly be visiting Round Rock and Euless. 

That's quite a hike to visit those two places.  It's got to be either pussy or family. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hate said:

That's quite a hike to visit those two places.  It's got to be either pussy or family. 

Family.  Flying anchorage nonstop to dfw to stay with sister-in-law, then visiting parents for 2 weeks at RR.  Then late July flying to anchorage, to kotzebue, to selawik.  Get to leave the wife behind with her sister in Euless.  She decided 30 degrees below 0 was too cold.  

4 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Family.  Flying anchorage nonstop to dfw to stay with sister-in-law, then visiting parents for 2 weeks at RR.  Then late July flying to anchorage, to kotzebue, to selawik.  Get to leave the wife behind with her sister in Euless.  She decided 30 degrees below 0 was too cold.  

Those are a lot of weird names of towns.

22 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Anyways, I just hit the 24-hour mark post Moderna #1 and woke up this morning feeling like I went the distance in an MMA fight after feeling fine yesterday.

Injection arm stiff as a board, achy, fatigued, and mild headache. 

Finally over the hump. I was feeling halfway decent by the time I left work early yesterday afternoon, but it came back with a vengeance around 6. Every symptom from the morning plus low grade fever and chills. Took a shower around 8 and then crawled straight into bed where I spent the next several hours tossing and turning in a half-awake state, until finally falling asleep at some point.

Feel back to about 90% this morning. Fever, aches and headache are gone and arm is significantly less sore. 

31 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Finally over the hump. I was feeling halfway decent by the time I left work early yesterday afternoon, but it came back with a vengeance around 6. Every symptom from the morning plus low grade fever and chills. Took a shower around 8 and then crawled straight into bed where I spent the next several hours tossing and turning in a half-awake state, until finally falling asleep at some point.

Feel back to about 90% this morning. Fever, aches and headache are gone and arm is significantly less sore. 

And how long was this process, if I may ask? 
The wife and I got our 2nd Moderna’s yesterday @ noon yesterday (Friday).

Felt 100% normal....until about 3am this morning. Holy schnikes. We both feel like we also tried to tag team in a MMA fight.

We’re both avid workout warriors; hitting gym 3-4 x’s week. Hard. And just like with the 1st dosage; this shit has knocked me on my ass.

My youngest has her last VBall tourney this weekend. Luckily (I think??), they don’t play until 3pm.  You say your symptoms came back with a vengeance around 6p? 
Dammmmmmmit. I’d better not miss the Lady Horns volleyball 🏐 tonight!!! (Oh, and my 12yo’s game, too!😉😬)

Edited by NTVTXN
Punctuation is hard.

After yesterday, I am now 100% immune (2 weeks past second Moderna).  We are taking our son to a zip line park close by.  I'm going to feel like I'm in a commercial for the Moderna vaccine while I'm zipping around the park.  I need some cheesy theme music blaring in the background as I enjoy life again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 10:42 PM, AngryDragon said:

Pfizer2. Had a sore arm. Tiredness/slight ache hit about 24 hours later. Took a nap and feel fine now. All my friends who had moderna had pretty horrible symptoms for 2-3 days. 

Pfizer 2 for me was Friday AM and drank around a gallon of water up until around 2pm that afternoon I pushed  my calls and meeting until Monday and slept off and on until 8am next day. Back/body was sore and injection site was sore (but not nearly as sore as Pfizer 1 which lasted about 5 days) and slight headache. Took Tylenol and I was 100%.

• Hook 'Em 1

In Alaska, had shot number 2 done in Feb.  Visiting Texas this summer.  What am I looking at wrt stores, restaurants? Is mask wearing optional, or did stores all give in and have sign posted? I like the shield only. Will mostly be visiting Round Rock and Euless. 

Everything is open. Places in Round Rock and Euless probably have mask requirements with varying levels of enforcement/compliance. No one is going to stop you from just wearing a face shield. Those don’t do anything but you’re fully vaccinated so who really cares.

I'm middle-aged, overweight, drink too many IPAs and don't exercise regularly. Pfizer #2 didn't do shit to me. Got my second dose Thursday afternoon and never really even noticed anything. Within a day I completely forgot about it and stopped paying attention to the slightest tinge of anything out of the ordinary. I heard so many anecdotal stories about the second shot knocking people on their ass that I was not looking forward to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 3:45 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

I asked the lady at Walmart if I could laminate mine. She said it was fine, and if there's a booster they could just write you a new card. Same if you lost your card. You are in the system, and they can give you a new one with batch numbers and everything. 

Shit man they just scan the chip

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

I'm middle-aged, overweight, drink too many IPAs and don't exercise regularly. Pfizer #2 didn't do shit to me. Got my second dose Thursday afternoon and never really even noticed anything. Within a day I completely forgot about it and stopped paying attention to the slightest tinge of anything out of the ordinary. I heard so many anecdotal stories about the second shot knocking people on their ass that I was not looking forward to it. 

Yeah that’s one advantage of being over 50.  You are so used to having sore joints, body aches and lethargy that you really don’t notice the vaccine side effects much.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Brother?  

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Replace IPA with bourbon and Pfizer with Moderna and you could be me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Did anyone else feel like they had brain fog for a couple days after either shot? I got Moderna shot 2 Wednesday afternoon, was laid up all day Thursday, and barely remember anything through Friday. Like I'd end up standing in my kitchen, but couldn't remember why I was there kind of stuff. I'm sitting here looking at my notes from a Friday meeting and they don't even make sense.