Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Just got the 1st Pfizer.  Penis size hasn't changed yet, but will keep yall posted.

Thanks to the wife who volunteered at one of the centers up in Temple.  Volunteers get to add family members to the list if there's excess.  I like that they're doing everything they can to reduce as much waste as possible.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Just got the 1st Pfizer.  Penis size hasn't changed yet, but will keep yall posted.

Thanks to the wife who volunteered at one of the centers up in Temple.  Volunteers get to add family members to the list if there's excess.  I like that they're doing everything they can to reduce as much waste as possible.

Where did she volunteer? My wife has been looking for a volunteer opportunity at a vaccination center.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:40 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My mom is 90 and lives alone in Houston.  She's been pretty much locked away since this thing started.  She is completely technologically illiterate.  To date I have been unable to get her an appointment.

Try St. Hope at offeringhope.org. Use the chat box to request an appointment, they called us 36 hours later. It seems like they still have availability.

My mom is 90 and lives alone in Houston.  She's been pretty much locked away since this thing started.  She is completely technologically illiterate.  To date I have been unable to get her an appointment.

Follow memorial hermann on Facebook. They have 65+ (age) spots that open up every couple of days. My mom got in and got her Pfizer first dose today. Last week it was Monday, Thursday, and today that spots opened up. You should use your email in the form. They send an immediate follow up email with an appointment link. They book the second spot at the same time.

Got my first last Monday at Kelly Reeves. They mentioned we would get an email in the next week with the follow up appointment but the wife an I have heard nothing yet. Anyone that has gotten their shots in Wilco already care to share how long it took you to get that email?

2 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Got my first last Monday at Kelly Reeves. They mentioned we would get an email in the next week with the follow up appointment but the wife an I have heard nothing yet. Anyone that has gotten their shots in Wilco already care to share how long it took you to get that email?

I also got my first dose at Kelly Reeves last Monday and haven't heard.  Here's an interesting article from Friday that indicates the county is taking over management of the wait list.  I wonder if that's due in part to complaints about folks who weren't in 1(a) or 1(b) being able to book appointments.  But the article says (in bold) that we'll eventually get a communication about when to go for the second dose.

Williamson County's hub, Family Hospital Systems, will receive 8,000 coronavirus vaccine doses next week, officials said. The vaccines will be given to eligible people who are already on a Family Hospital wait list.

The wait list is not taking new registrations and has been taken down, said Connie Odom, a county spokeswoman on Friday. The county will be taking over the list soon, she said, and people who are on it will not have to re-register. She said the county will release more information about the county managing the wait list on Monday.

Family Hospital Systems will be giving the vaccines to people already notified about their appointments at the Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex, 10211 W. Parmer Lane, on Monday and Tuesday, and at the Georgetown High School football stadium parking lot at 2275 N. Austin Ave. on Wednesday, said Connie Odom, a county spokeswoman.

Both of the sites are drive-thru locations where people will be given the vaccines while sitting in their vehicles.

The Family Hospital wait list is full through the end of March, according to the company's website.

"If you are currently on our wait list, we ask that you continue to be patient as we schedule more appointments once more vaccines arrive," the Family Hospital website says. 

"For those who are awaiting communication regarding second doses, you will receive an email with a time frame to return to the active Family Hospital Systems hub site of your choice. Second doses can safely be administered 28-42 days following your first dose. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR SECOND DOSE."

Those people currently eligible in Texas for a vaccine include front-line health care workers, nursing home residents, people ages 65 and older and people with an underlying health condition. 

Statesman link

The side effects from my 1st Pfizer shot were really scary.  Day 1 there were no issues, but midday on Sunday, I started getting serious chills and then fever, body aches and a headache.  On top of that, my heart rate was racing.  I kept using my heart rate monitor and would get more anxiety just watching it skyrocket.   I never had an appetite and only ate for the first time today about an hour ago.  This morning I finally feel somewhat back to normal.

This is making me hesitate on the 2nd shot, because I hear that the side effects are worse on that one.

15 minutes ago, Pablo said:

The side effects from my 1st Pfizer shot were really scary.  Day 1 there were no issues, but midday on Sunday, I started getting serious chills and then fever, body aches and a headache.  On top of that, my heart rate was racing.  I kept using my heart rate monitor and would get more anxiety just watching it skyrocket.   I never had an appetite and only ate for the first time today about an hour ago.  This morning I finally feel somewhat back to normal.

This is making me hesitate on the 2nd shot, because I hear that the side effects are worse on that one.

There's a growing body of evidence that strong reaction to the first shot means you already had Covid and didn't know it.

Vaccine recipients with pre-existing immunity experience systemic side effects with a significantly higher frequency than antibody naïve vaccines (e.g., fatigue, headache, chills, fever, muscle or join pains, in order of decreasing frequency, P < 0.001 for all listed symptoms, Fisher’s exact test, two-sided). Most of the participants for whom antibody results are presented above also completed the vaccine side-effect survey.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.29.21250653v1.full-text

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

I also got my first dose at Kelly Reeves last Monday and haven't heard.  Here's an interesting article from Friday that indicates the county is taking over management of the wait list.  I wonder if that's due in part to complaints about folks who weren't in 1(a) or 1(b) being able to book appointments.  But the article says (in bold) that we'll eventually get a communication about when to go for the second dose.

Statesman link

I had signed up both my wife and me on the WILCO waitlist, and she says she just got a notification that she could get a slot.  We've already had our first shot elsewhere, so she deleted herself from the list to open up a slot.  Interestingly, I signed up at the same time, but have NOT gotten a notification (when I do, I'll do the same, delete and free up a spot).

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

FHS just opened up slots for tomorrow. 

Just checked it, the calendar is there, but I don't see available slots (I don't need one, am looking for some friends).

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

They all evaporated in like 5 minutes. 

That's freaking nuts.

Yeah, we have friends who are definitely eligible, but they're also mostly resentful of how hard you have to work to nab a spot.  I've pointed then in every direction, but they seem reluctant to put in the work.  I am not a fan of the way things are....but that doesn't make things any different than they are.

5 hours ago, Pablo said:

Have you already had COVID?

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That's freaking nuts.

Yeah, we have friends who are definitely eligible, but they're also mostly resentful of how hard you have to work to nab a spot.  I've pointed then in every direction, but they seem reluctant to put in the work.  I am not a fan of the way things are....but that doesn't make things any different than they are.

Obviously they never tried for the $50 ACL tickets back when it was via mad rush at their website.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Had second Moderna Friday.  Only mild soreness at injection site.  I can confirm the chip doesn’t help with hangovers.  

So the call center in Mumbai is still harassing you directly in your head about fixing your pc?

Edited by Armybrat
My shoulder is slightly sore, that’s all so far.
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So where do I camp out in line for my vaccine like I did in DKR for Ou tickets back in the day?

I got a public trespass warning for doing that when I was a Freshman. I lived on campus! I was just camping a couple blocks from home. 

But to answer your question, Amarillo. 

4 hours ago, Heme Doc said:

Have you already had COVID?

I never had obvious symptoms loss of taste or smell.  I had one episode of high fever and body aches around Thanksgiving last year, but it was only one day.  I also had a crazy chest cold back in January of 2020.  Never got tested, but never thought I needed to.  

I am wondering if I could learn anything after 10 days from an antibody test?

7 hours ago, Pablo said:

I never had obvious symptoms loss of taste or smell.  I had one episode of high fever and body aches around Thanksgiving last year, but it was only one day.  I also had a crazy chest cold back in January of 2020.  Never got tested, but never thought I needed to.  

I am wondering if I could learn anything after 10 days from an antibody test?

If you had really high titers of antibodies to Spike already, that would be consistent with you already having COVID (prob around Thanksgiving) and you wouldn’t need the 2nd dose

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So where do I camp out in line for my vaccine like I did in DKR for Ou tickets back in the day?

Bell County dropped tons of appointment slots during the night. It was easy to grab them at 2:00 am. They are all gone now, but Tuesday seems to be their day. I would recommend staying up late next Monday night and grabbing a spot. 

1 hour ago, Heme Doc said:

If you had really high titers of antibodies to Spike already, that would be consistent with you already having COVID (prob around Thanksgiving) and you wouldn’t need the 2nd dose

Its day 3 post my 1st shot and I've still got a 99 fever.  Sticking to my every 6 hour regiment of Tylenol.  

On 2/8/2021 at 10:18 AM, UnivTex34 said:

I also had that issue and ended up calling FHS and they just told me to show up on the one month anniversary of the date of the first poke with my card and they would give me the second shot-I'm going to trust them on this one.

2 minutes ago, Gunsup said:

I also had that issue and ended up calling FHS and they just told me to show up on the one month anniversary of the date of the first poke with my card and they would give me the second shot-I'm going to trust them on this one.

That’s wild to read and good to know...my wife will be on week 2 post-shot on Wednesday and neither of us heard anything. I’ll call them in a week or so to see if the story is the same.  

1 hour ago, Gunsup said:

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

That’s wild to read and good to know...my wife will be on week 2 post-shot on Wednesday and neither of us heard anything. I’ll call them in a week or so to see if the story is the same.  

I've also read (maybe somewhere on this thread -- too lazy to look) that someone just showed up for their second dose at Kelly Reeves and had no problem.  I'm not sure if this was there when you guys went for your first shot, but when I was there last Monday there was a sign up at the automobile queue that said something to the effect "Let Me Know If You're Here for 2nd Dose," and I saw a couple people peel off in that direction. 

If you just show up, remember to bring your vaccination card.

Edited by South Austin
spehling

Managed to get my first Pfizer shot on Monday afternoon after snagging a slot randomly on Saturday. Funny enough, I got a call on Sunday asking if I wanted to get a shot on Tuesday in Washington County. I didn't even sign up for that list until Thursday of last week, so that might be a good one to target for those in need and within driving distance.

https://localevent.info/