Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Good to know-thanks for the info.

I've also read (maybe somewhere on this thread -- too lazy to look) that someone just showed up for their second dose at Kelly Reeves and had no problem.  I'm not sure if this was there when you guys went for your first shot, but when I was there last Monday there was a sign up at the automobile queue that said something to the effect "Let Me Know If You're Here for 2nd Dose," and I saw a couple people peel off in that direction. 

If you just show up, remember to bring your vaccination card.

I got a text this morning that they had a bunch of Moderna they needed to get in arms today in Houston so appointments were open to everyone.  I registered at noon and was injected at 12:30, all drive-through, no lines.  You did have to have an appointment and, unfortunately, the web site is now down, which I take to mean the slots are all filled.  It was through https://www.cureminder.com/ if something like this pops up again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pfizer #2 about 2 hours ago. Arm a little sore, everything else normal. Got lucky by getting both shots from folks turning them down and the pharmacy having extra. 

and I am a complete heterosexual , just like before the shots 

Edited by nineliveslost
Just read what the crazy Iranian clerics are saying
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Deej said:

Bell County dropped tons of appointment slots during the night. It was easy to grab them at 2:00 am. They are all gone now, but Tuesday seems to be their day. I would recommend staying up late next Monday night and grabbing a spot. 

They open the slots at 12:01am Tuesday mornings. I was up at 11:55pm last night hitting refesh until the calendar came up. 

10 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Thanks for the info. Getting my 1st shot in Temple tomorrow 

I showed up an hour before my time. Had shot in 10 minutes. One guy had an 8:45 this evening and they got him in and out. Just show up if you have an appointment. They will see you any time as long as your name is on the list for that day. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

Snagged a Mississippi vaccine appointment for tomorrow - tonight while at a bar with my iphone on their app. Four hour round trip to place, 10:00 am appointment.

I was happy. On my way home from the bar I got a call from my local pharm saying “come in tomorrow morning for a Moderna Shot at 11:30”. LOL.

Cancelled Mississippi ten minutes later.

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday around noon.  I had no reaction to the first, but I woke up to a golf ball sized angry red knot on my arm this morning. I also have a massive headache, but that may be the weather. No other problems. My 65 YO mother got her second Pfizer shot yesterday too, no reaction on her arm or any other effects. 

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Wife got the second Moderna on Monday morning. Have slight fever and chills overnight, but fine the next day. Aspirin helped. 

Had the 2nd the other day. Had chills like if I had a fever, but my temp always checked out normal. No energy at all. Generally felt like shit, but no actual significant symptoms. All good now tho. /csb...

• Hook 'Em 1

So question for us vaccinated.   Are you less careful?  Don't you kind of want to get covid now or at least come in contact with it?  You'd have a very light case and possibly few symptoms.  Then you'd have kind of double immunity.  I just got back from the grocery and I grabbed a cart in the parking lot that had not been sanitized and didn't even bother to wipe it down.  

Edited by midtown

12 minutes ago, midtown said:

So question for us vaccinated.   Are you less careful?  Don't you kind of want to get covid now or at least come in contact with it?  You'd have a very light case and possibly few symptoms.  Then you'd have kind of double immunity.  I just got back from the grocery and I grabbed a cart in the parking lot that had not been sanitized and didn't even bother to wipe it down.  

I stopped worrying about that when the studies showed the virus was spread by droplets rather than fomites. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hornian said:

I stopped worrying about that when the studies showed the virus was spread by droplets rather than fomites. 

Yeah, it's been a hell of a journey over the last year.  We're still a bit on the end of the distribution in terms of practices with stuff coming into the house, but no where near where we were in March/April last year. 

Edited by Anastasis

Man, I was expecting a way more extreme example than that. We’re pretty cautions - haven’t been to a dine in restaurant in nearly a year and very little, working remotely, social interaction outside of household few and far between... and I don’t even remember the last time I thought about whether a cart or door handle was sanitized. If I manage to beat the odds and get it that way then that’s what happens. I can’t keep that level of OCD up and evidence points to it not really being worth it anyway.

Once vaccinated I definitely think it’s fair to recalibrate your behavior. I mean, your risk profile in terms of infection changes dramatically and there is likely some significant reduction in transmission risk. I’m not going to be hanging in crowded indoor bars any time soon but things like outdoor dining (probably not a big deal even if unvaccinated, but again, pretty cautious household) will absolutely be back on the table. And I’m not skipping Texas-OU if it’s played as normal, which I expect it will be.

I'm timing my vaccination so that my second shot plus one week is right before March Madness. I'll be at the bar and I hope it's packed and loud. I'm sick of Covid. I'll follow the rules still, wear mask to HEB etc. Otherwise I'm living like it's 2019 once vaxxed. If not what's the damn point of getting the shot?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Advice for getting the shot if I’m not in group 1?

How do I get on the lists for pharmacies and other vax centers to call when they have excess?

Ive been trying to register for volunteer opportunities but they’re always taken.

Not trying to jump the line, but if I can get it early through legitimate means, I’m all for it.

On 2/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, nineliveslost said:

Pfizer #2 about 2 hours ago. Arm a little sore, everything else normal. Got lucky by getting both shots from folks turning them down and the pharmacy having extra. 

and I am a complete heterosexual , just like before the shots 

after 4 days from the 2nd shot I have felt absolutely no side effects. No fever, no chills, no achy body, nada...and still a heterosexual 

23 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Advice for getting the shot if I’m not in group 1?

How do I get on the lists for pharmacies and other vax centers to call when they have excess?

Ive been trying to register for volunteer opportunities but they’re always taken.

Not trying to jump the line, but if I can get it early through legitimate means, I’m all for it.

I got lucky by knowing the manager of a pharmacy. Pretty much had to be on call. They pull the batch out of the freezer and have like 6 hours to administer the shots before they go bad. They go down the list and fill drop outs with needed individuals. I swooped in a 30 minute time slot to take both shots before they got trashed and I have 0 guilt and no regrats. <--- love the movie 

What amazes me is how many group 1 wont/dont take the shots because they trash a bunch. odd

That's what I would hypothetically do to get the shots if I was fortunate and lucky enough 

Edited by nineliveslost
for the record
  • Hook 'Em 1

Got my first Tuesday through FHS. Went to that athletic complex on Parmer close to 45, very organized and in/out in 20 minutes without having to leave your car. Haven’t read whole thread but used this link to reserve a spot. Have to keep refreshing but finally got one after a week of checking. 

https://intakeq.com/booking/qfrufw?serviceId=ea88f0b8-64a3-40b9-9787-b986897c3e6b&fbclid=IwAR1J0oQCeT59vJZ3iPXbMum8LhmB8fu3WFfoYq5KxB9dKZDP91-tIvk1SzY 

16 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I got lucky by knowing the manager of a pharmacy. Pretty much had to be on call. They pull the batch out of the freezer and have like 6 hours to administer the shots before they go bad. They go down the list and fill drop outs with needed individuals. I swooped in a 30 minute time slot to take both shots before they got trashed and I have 0 guilt and no regrats. <--- love the movie 

What amazes me is how many group 1 wont/dont take the shots because they trash a bunch. odd

That's what I would hypothetically do to get the shots if I was fortunate and lucky enough 

Username  explains motivation. 

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Username  explains motivation. 

yea, don't want to come back as tenliveslost

I took no shots from anyone. I know for a fact vials were trashed from my lot # because of no takers 

Once again IF one wanted to go that route. Thats the way I would do it and ensure I wasnt taking any opportunity away from anyone 

Edited by nineliveslost
clarity
  • Like 1

Got the first shot of Moderna yesterday up here in PA.  It was a total surprise since it has been a cluster fuck on shot distribution. I was on the waiting list call, for any cancelations for months.  Recently, even though they had over 6,000 olds on their waiting list (1A).  Our hospital decided to vaccinate all the large manufacturing in the area.  After severe back lash, they were no longer putting any one on the waiting list and you needed a DR prescription to get you on that list.

Well yesterday morning got a text saying there was a cancellation at 10:30 and if I wanted it to schedule.  I am 51 with pre existing heart condition and slightly fat so I took it. Woke up around midnight with severe pain at injection site and sore upper arm/shoulder.  Now 24hrs later have pain in all my muscle groups in left arm, with cold like symptoms of runny nose, cough and headache.   Makes me wonder what round two will be like, but glad I got it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Had my first Pfizer shot last Tuesday. I've been on a keto diet for a few weeks and I was strangely hungry after the shot. I upped my meals from 2 to 3 each day. Was very fatigued, which finally cleared up yesterday. Slight soreness at the injection site for a day-and-a-half. Slight muscle/body aches up until a couple of days ago. Occasional headaches for the first few days. No fever. Hornier than usual.

1 hour ago, Apep said:

Had my first Pfizer shot last Tuesday. I've been on a keto diet for a few weeks and I was strangely hungry after the shot. I upped my meals from 2 to 3 each day. Was very fatigued, which finally cleared up yesterday. Slight soreness at the injection site for a day-and-a-half. Slight muscle/body aches up until a couple of days ago. Occasional headaches for the first few days. No fever. Hornier than usual.

Way to bury the lede.

On 2/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, CrownKing said:

Got my first Tuesday through FHS. Went to that athletic complex on Parmer close to 45, very organized and in/out in 20 minutes without having to leave your car. Haven’t read whole thread but used this link to reserve a spot. Have to keep refreshing but finally got one after a week of checking. 

https://intakeq.com/booking/qfrufw?serviceId=ea88f0b8-64a3-40b9-9787-b986897c3e6b&fbclid=IwAR1J0oQCeT59vJZ3iPXbMum8LhmB8fu3WFfoYq5KxB9dKZDP91-tIvk1SzY 

FHS said they would send an email out for second shot appointments. How far out do they?