NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Fuck yeah. 

But it's EA Sports so I have to be cautious. Madden has turned to dog shit. And in this new era of paying for any and everything in a game (unlike the last time NCAA was released), I am sure EA will make us pay for alternate uniforms and anything else.

I hope they come back with a vengeance to prove their critics wrong with this release.

Edited by Vic Mackey

You know what sucks..When cleaning out some stuff for goodwill and actually giving away my NCAA 14 for my PS3.  It was really only like 1 of 4 or so games I played.

I swore it was in the player, when I tossed the case.

Hopefully with this announcement, the price of a used 2014 will come down some.

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Does anyone really care about the rosters?  It was always about the uniforms, stadiums, and fight songs for me.  But then I never really got why they stopped making the games after the O'Bannon case.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Does anyone really care about the rosters?  It was always about the uniforms, stadiums, and fight songs for me.  But then I never really got why they stopped making the games after the O'Bannon case.

When my team is like ten years deep in a dynasty it doesn't matter one iota

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

the only way EA can prevent the user base from making and distributing current-year rosters is to remove roster editing, in which case they might as well remove the forward fucking pass from the game

they'll either go with NIL-compensation real rosters, or randomized rosters that can be overwritten en masse as they currently are, or they'll kill the product on Day 1 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Madden has turned to dog shit. And in this new era of paying for any and everything in a game (unlike the last time NCAA was released), I am sure EA will make us pay for alternate uniforms and anything else.

Some of us still believe in traditional uniforms. And banging normal-sized chicks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

the only way EA can prevent the user base from making and distributing current-year rosters is to remove roster editing, in which case they might as well remove the forward fucking pass from the game

they'll either go with NIL-compensation real rosters, or randomized rosters that can be overwritten en masse as they currently are, or they'll kill the product on Day 1 

One of the articles I read said that they expect changes to the player likeness laws by the NCAA as early as this year. They may be able to straight up roll out current rosters by the time the game launches. 

25 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Also, my kid isn't old enough for video games so I don't have any consoles past ps3.

They going to make the game for us PC master race bros too?

I would think so, but they just released Madden on Stadia, so that should probably be an option too if you don't have a console.

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

I probably would not care much now as I hardly know most the players these days but back in my prime NCAA/Madden playing days. I absolutely did. Of course they never had names (I did this myself manually and then started downloading roster updates) but the did have the likeness. Race, number, height/weight were all damn accurate. Vince Young was a black dude with number 10 and his same stature for Texas. You knew who he was. It would be much different if that year, Texas' QB on the game was some white guy with number 18 and so on for the rest of every roster across the nation. But the people who edit these rosters could get it done and fix it all as they always do but would take much longer. 

But they absolutely need to have the likeness of every team's uniforms and unique stadiums. A generic football team with made up everything would be a huge waste.

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck yeah. 

But it's EA Sports so I have to be cautious. Madden has turned to dog shit. And in this new era of paying for any and everything in a game (unlike the last time NCAA was released), I am sure EA will make us pay for alternate uniforms and anything else.

If anything, adding microtransactions would make the game more accurate. Especially in recruiting.

Pay $1.99 to gift this recruit a Trans-Am. +15% chance of a commitment, +5% chance of going on NCAA probation.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I probably would not care much now as I hardly know most the players these days but back in my prime NCAA/Madden playing days. I absolutely did. Of course they never had names (I did this myself manually and then started downloading roster updates) but the did have the likeness. Race, number, height/weight were all damn accurate. Vince Young was a black dude with number 10 and his same stature for Texas. You knew who he was. It would be much different if that year, Texas' QB on the game was some white guy with number 18 and so on for the rest of every roster across the nation. But the people who edit these rosters could get it done and fix it all as they always do but would take much longer. 

But they absolutely need to have the likeness of every team's uniforms and unique stadiums. A generic football team with made up everything would be a huge waste.

Disagree. The whole fun was recruiting diamond in the rough randomly-generated freaks and turning G5 schools into powerhouses in dynasty mode. If they include everything except real players I won't give a single shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

C'mon, man. You could always go back to my childhood:

spacer.png spacer.png

or Armybrat's:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Also, my kid isn't old enough for video games so I don't have any consoles past ps3.

They going to make the game for us PC master race bros too?

Your kid will grow up.  Think of his / her future for chrissakes.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Disagree. The whole fun was recruiting diamond in the rough randomly-generated freaks and turning G5 schools into powerhouses in dynasty mode. If they include everything except real players I won't give a single shit.

I mentioned the people who edit the rosters could work around the fake likeness of all the players. That doesn't bother me now like it would have back in the day But I said they absolutely have to have the likeness of all the universities and their unique stadiums. EA could have always released some generic college game with made up everything. But no one wants that.

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Through a partnership with Collegiate Licensing Company, the game will include the logos, stadiums, uniforms and game-day traditions of more than 100 schools, according to a news release. EA Sports said it's monitoring the developments involving the use of athletes' names, images and likenesses, which are not slated to be included.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

There's gonna be a lot of these tired ass jokes but I actually want all of it. If it's in the game it's in the game etc.

Targeting would make me ragey, but I like the rest. I also like the dirty recruiting aspect, although I highly doubt the NCAA would allow it to be in game. 

How about:

recruiting momentum

secret visits from committed players

9.95 dickheads screwing up said secrets

signing day flips

coaching dynasty to go with team dynasty

cheating Scandals and NCAA penalties

locker room chemistry

players opting out of bowls

Covid outbreaks

Rona stadiums

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Through a partnership with Collegiate Licensing Company, the game will include the logos, stadiums, uniforms and game-day traditions of more than 100 schools, according to a news release. EA Sports said it's monitoring the developments involving the use of athletes' names, images and likenesses, which are not slated to be included.

Will the band show up at Texas games?

16 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Targeting would make me ragey, but I like the rest. I also like the dirty recruiting aspect, although I highly doubt the NCAA would allow it to be in game. 

How about:

recruiting momentum

secret visits from committed players

9.95 dickheads screwing up said secrets

signing day flips

coaching dynasty to go with team dynasty

cheating Scandals and NCAA penalties

locker room chemistry

players opting out of bowls

Covid outbreaks

Rona stadiums

transfer portal too