NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Can I haz 

25 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Targeting would make me ragey, but I like the rest. I also like the dirty recruiting aspect, although I highly doubt the NCAA would allow it to be in game. 

How about:

recruiting momentum

secret visits from committed players

9.95 dickheads screwing up said secrets

signing day flips

coaching dynasty to go with team dynasty

cheating Scandals and NCAA penalties

locker room chemistry

players opting out of bowls

Covid outbreaks

Rona stadiums

After they added the carousel and head coaches to the game I was dreaming of them adding full staffs in and being able to hire assistants. If they had kept making the game maybe they would've added it in some simplified half-assed fashion at least by now.

37 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

One of the articles I read said that they expect changes to the player likeness laws by the NCAA as early as this year. They may be able to straight up roll out current rosters by the time the game launches. 

I expect that you are right. Even if they're not inclined to do it that way, I can't imagine they'd be so dumb as to say "hey we fixed the likeness liability by totally locking down the rosters to randomized attributes". 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck yeah. 

But it's EA Sports so I have to be cautious. Madden has turned to dog shit. And in this new era of paying for any and everything in a game (unlike the last time NCAA was released), I am sure EA will make us pay for alternate uniforms and anything else.

I hope they come back with a vengeance to prove their critics wrong with this release.

EA knows they can do the bare minimum here and still print money. If they just went with the 2014 version and updated the rules/playoffs, think about how many people would buy it. I damn sure would.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

EA knows they can do the bare minimum here and still print money. If they just went with the 2014 version and updated the rules/playoffs, think about how many people would buy it. I damn sure would.

This would probably end up being a better game if they did it this way.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just thinking about how much harder the transfer portal would make maintaining the monster dynasties after a few years.. you just recruited 25 five stars... now 10 from last year left from the transfer portal and you will then begin to see depth issues as you get behind the counter curve due to graduation, the nfl draft and the transfer portal..

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Yeah true. No real incentive to go all out and work hard. They know they are going to capitalize on people just fiending college football after this long.

I honestly would rather them use the game engines from back then instead of this new bullshit they do. Actually the ones they made for PS2 was my favorites.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah true. No real incentive to go all out and work hard. They know they are going to capitalize on people just fiending college football after this long.

I honestly would rather them use the game engines from back then instead of this new bullshit they do. Actually the ones they made for PS2 was my favorites.

The last four games before the franchise folded were some of the best. '11 hugely improved the on-field animations, '12 introduced the coaching carousel. '13 gave Road to Glory a huge uphaul, and '14 is still super-popular years later. The developers never phoned it in like Madden did, there were always improvements.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Targeting would make me ragey, but I like the rest. I also like the dirty recruiting aspect, although I highly doubt the NCAA would allow it to be in game. 

How about:

recruiting momentum

signing day flips

locker room chemistry

Covid outbreaks

Rona stadiums

Hats on tables.  Can't leave that out.  Bonus for mad moms when you pick the wrong hat.

3 hours ago, WBT said:

Does anyone really care about the rosters?  It was always about the uniforms, stadiums, and fight songs for me.  But then I never really got why they stopped making the games after the O'Bannon case.

Not really. By the 2nd-3rd year of dynasty the roster is pretty much brand new anyway except for the guys no one cares about. Is anyone really going to stress if the RT doesn't look like Cosmi in NCAA 2021 game? Of course you'll still have a few original stars, but I can't imagine it would be that many. 

So just trick up the old rosters with today's rankings and go from there. Update the graphics along with the rules, playoffs and game experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Just thinking about how much harder the transfer portal would make maintaining the monster dynasties after a few years.. you just recruited 25 five stars... now 10 from last year left from the transfer portal and you will then begin to see depth issues as you get behind the counter curve due to graduation, the nfl draft and the transfer portal..

200.gif

Fuck yeah. 
But it's EA Sports so I have to be cautious. Madden has turned to dog shit. And in this new era of paying for any and everything in a game (unlike the last time NCAA was released), I am sure EA will make us pay for alternate uniforms and anything else.
I hope they come back with a vengeance to prove their critics wrong with this release.
The problem is finding game designers who are also football fans

6 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I only had one player ever try and transfer to UT in all the years I played a dynasty. 
He was a SS from OkSt who was 6’7” and won the Thorp award 3 yrs in a row

9 hours ago, Vertigo said:

How about:

recruiting momentum

signing day flips

locker room chemistry

Covid outbreaks

Rona stadiums

Player gets to choose Terry Saban’s realtor for the Lake Austin house hunting every offseason. 

Does anyone really care about the rosters?  It was always about the uniforms, stadiums, and fight songs for me.  But then I never really got why they stopped making the games after the O'Bannon case.
It was probably bill walsh on Sega, and not the mentioned game.

But back in my day it was "illegal" to choose Colorado 1992 with Kordell. You could pick any team but them.

Down a score? Call a time out on offense (colorado) and recharge Kordell to 100% . Run around the corner from 20 or 80 yards. Didnt matter.

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

NCAA 2009 (I think that was the year that corresponded to the 2008 season) was probably my favorite version of the game.  Colt and UT in general were actually way underpowered on that game compared to how we ended up being in reality, but I seem to remember that being the last year before you could just go shotgun 4 verticals every play and name the score.   I think they had worked out the kinks on zone reads and spread offense stuff by then, too.

It was also in the sweet spot of those few years when recruiting had progressed beyond being super simplistic but hadn’t yet added so much bullshit and in-season stuff to keep track of that it became more tedious. 

So, anyway, if they make it like that again instead of like current Madden the chances of my wife divorcing me will increase roughly 5,000%.  “I don’t care if it’s your mother’s birthday - this WR turned RB recruit has a 98 on speed!  Ninety fucking eight!  Do you have any idea what that would do for my RPO plays?  Do you!?!?!”

Fifmoderntimes. I'm thankful for the 3 year heads up. Gives me enough time to line up my ducks and make enough money to hold out for a while. Also, I liked the recruiting in 14. Seemed more streamlined than the previous years. 

So much potential they will never touch. Taking recruits to titty bars, financing their SUVs, the Tuberville option to leave recruits in a steakhouse when a new job offer comes in, a choose-your-own-adventure style dynasty as Mike Leach, cheating your ass off then faking a health condition until the next blue chip job opens up...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, Huckleberry said:

This would probably end up being a better game if they did it this way.

Yup.

The simulation and hardcore fan isn't their target, they want to sell microtransactions. EA sports sucks.

All they need to do is recreate 2014 with more realism and intensity. More people on the sidelines, more chaos from the stadium atmosphere. More stuff like freshman getting routes wrong and guys getting rattled. Anything that made the game feel dead or dated just take it over the top.

What i don't want is a madden clone with janky option game. The cool thing about NCAA was unlimited playbooks instead of madden where everyone runs a handful of plays. 

FB_IMG_1612416127791.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If anything, adding microtransactions would make the game more accurate. Especially in recruiting.
Pay $1.99 to gift this recruit a Trans-Am. +15% chance of a commitment, +5% chance of going on NCAA probation.

One of them in the mid 2000s actually did have a points system for cheating