NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Are we going to get a surly league started when the game comes out?  I remember pulling 14 five star recruits to the likes of UH or Rice in a single cycle.  I'm ready to dominate you guys both in recruiting and with my bad ass play calling.  

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Whatever year had Tebow as a freshmen all you had to do was put Percy Harvin at QB for Florida and it was game over. 

Dude I would put Harvin, Rainey, and Demps all on the field at the same time.  All of those guys had like 98 and 99 seed.  I'd run verticals on the outside with slants over the middle and audible the RB to go into the flats.  It would be unstoppable.  

EA said not a 2021 release so must be targeting July 2022. Hope they can get the remaining schools licensed plus fight songs, conferences, bowl games, and the Heisman Trophy. Would be odd to see the Out West Conference with 11 schools plus Seattle Dogs or something.

3 minutes ago, n64ra said:

EA said not a 2021 release so must be targeting July 2022. Hope they can get the remaining schools licensed plus fight songs, conferences, bowl games, and the Heisman Trophy. Would be odd to see the Out West Conference with 11 schools plus Seattle Dogs or something.

You can already get the latter, technically.

Doug-Fluties-Maximum-football-2020.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Dude I would put Harvin, Rainey, and Demps all on the field at the same time.  All of those guys had like 98 and 99 seed.  I'd run verticals on the outside with slants over the middle and audible the RB to go into the flats.  It would be unstoppable.  

Yup, exactly. If you put Demps at 3rd on depth chart he'd be in the slot and there was a play that would glitch the safety and you'd hit a vertical with him for a TD or very long gain everytime.

55 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Are we going to get a surly league started when the game comes out?  I remember pulling 14 five star recruits to the likes of UH or Rice in a single cycle.  I'm ready to dominate you guys both in recruiting and with my bad ass play calling.  

Yeah they need to fix that. It was pretty weird picking up those 5 star players with 2 offers that nobody wanted. Hell, in general the offer numbers were too low for recruits. I don't know how they ship a game without fixing basic shit.

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

Yeah they need to fix that. It was pretty weird picking up those 5 star players with 2 offers that nobody wanted. Hell, in general the offer numbers were too low for recruits. I don't know how they ship a game without fixing basic shit.

It's the new model. ship half finished games then off fixes in the form of microtransactions and DLC.

• Like 2

Managing a roster of 4* and 5* players with access to the transfer portal could be a lot of fun. Right now once you get them on your roster, you barely have to do anything to keep them. About the worst thing that ever happens to my roster is, one of my receivers (it'll be like six 5* and two 4*, and this will be the 5th best guy on the team) will decide to transfer. 

But I'll have two 4* or better freshman QBs and one of them will gladly ride the bench for four or five years. Not realistic at all. I don't have to do anything to keep him happy. 

Players never care about changing positions. They never want to move somewhere they can get more playing time (e.g, QB to RB) and they never mind when you do that to them (i.e., threaten to transfer). 

They also need to do more around coach prestige and the polls. Example 1: imagine if Dabo Swinney or Urban Meyer took the Miami job tomorrow. There's no way in year 2 they'd be losing 5* QBs to Iowa or 5* athletes to Bowling Green. Once you've won a bunch of national championships, it shouldn't take several years to build your program prestige up. 

Example 2, imagine if Swinney wins five national titles in a row, then takes the Miami job after they went 1-11. In his first year, he beats three Top Ten teams in the first five games. I kind of think Miami would be ranked in that scenario. If they finished the year 13-0, I kind of think they'd start the next year in the Top 5. Etc, etc. 

Not to mention the G5/low-mid-major programs climbing into the Top 5. There is no scenario where UMass or a MAC school would be in the Top 5 without a single win over a ranked opponent or P5 opponent. Happens all the time in Dynasty. 

Lastly I turned the CPU FG setting down to 0 and the computer still hasn't missed a single FG against me, ever. 55 yarder into the wind? No problem. I can't kick FGs for shit because you have no indication of where you're actually aiming. 

On 2/3/2021 at 1:52 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

So much potential they will never touch. Taking recruits to titty bars, financing their SUVs, the Tuberville option to leave recruits in a steakhouse when a new job offer comes in, a choose-your-own-adventure style dynasty as Mike Leach, cheating your ass off then faking a health condition until the next blue chip job opens up...

that happened? damn. 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:06 AM, victory88 said:

that’s funny that you played the game like an elementary schooler.  I would absolutely destroy you.  do not pass go do not collect $200.  I’m not sure you would even score on me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, futureman said:

that’s funny that you played the game like an elementary schooler.  I would absolutely destroy you.  do not pass go do not collect $200.  I’m not sure you would even score on me. 

Lol, when the game is out, you'll need to put your money where your mouth is.  We can bet on it, but you'd probably just prefer to fist yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 1:52 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

So much potential they will never touch. Taking recruits to titty bars, financing their SUVs, the Tuberville option to leave recruits in a steakhouse when a new job offer comes in, a choose-your-own-adventure style dynasty as Mike Leach, cheating your ass off then faking a health condition until the next blue chip job opens up...

That would be entertaining. Sort of like Blitz: The League but college edition.

As someone who still plays NCAA 2014 but doesn't play Madden, the gameplay to me doesn't really feel dated. I'm not saying it's next gen caliber per se, but it also doesn't feel like you're stepping back an entire console generation the way playing a PS2 game did after being exposed to the PS3. 

Obviously some of the era-specific facets of the game are off (the BCS, the lack of real RPO offenses) but the actual feel of the play doesn't scream "UPDATE ME". 

3 hours ago, mvlonghorns said:

I hope they don't waste time on adding/including the Ultimate Team mode like they did for NCAA 14. Everyone just wants to play Dynasty, that is the whole appeal of the game. Get Dynasty right, and this will be the best-selling sports game of all time.

They'll give you ultimate team in all its microtransaction glory and copypaste NCAA 14's dynasty mode and you and I will still help make it the bestselling sports game of all time.

Edited by Bevo14

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

People actually play the game as Notre Dame?

Probably a lot, it's still a pretty popular brand. But I think for the vast majority of players, the utility in having Notre Dame in the game as Notre Dame is so that when you beat the fucking piss out of them 69-0, you get the satisfaction of seeing TEXAS 69 NOTRE DAME 0 on the scoreboard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I went with San Diego State a lot because they had a big stadium.

DUDE THAT WAS ANOTHER THING!

Hawaii - Aloha Stadium
San Diego State - Chargers Stadium
Rice
USF - Raymond James
Temple - Lincoln Financial Field

UAB - Legion Field

I always liked picking Idaho as well because of their unique stadium. 

Kibbie Dome | American Football Wiki | Fandom

In the new reiteration the following would be good teams to pick for that:

UTSA - Alamodome

UNLV - Allegiant Stadium(Raiders)

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I always found the teams with the coolest jerseys that I liked and did dynasties with them.

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I went with San Diego State a lot because they had a big stadium.

1 hour ago, GTX Horn said:

I liked using Pitt because of their uniforms and big stadium as well.

They don't have the largest stadium, but I always had an additional dynasty going with Army. Attending a game at Michie Stadium is a "bucket list" item for me, and I thought there's something cool about building a dynasty with an academy. Plus I've always liked running the triple option in NCAA Football, and the game mechanics in "14" were spot-on.

On 3/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

when you beat the fucking piss out of them 69-0, you get the satisfaction

Yep. I always made sure to schedule Notre Dame, as well as pound them with Navy and Air Force if the game scheduled them.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

DUDE THAT WAS ANOTHER THING!
Hawaii - Aloha Stadium
San Diego State - Chargers Stadium
Rice
USF - Raymond James
Temple - Lincoln Financial Field
UAB - Legion Field

I always liked picking Idaho as well because of their unique stadium. 
latest?cb=20150121074225

In the new reiteration the following would be good teams to pick for that:

UTSA - Alamodome
UNLV - Allegiant Stadium(Raiders)

Haha Idaho stadium was cool as hell. When we would play against our friends, we would play there quite a bit.

• 3 months later...