Can I just say how much I hate UPS?

Carl Spackler

You know what brown can do for me?  It can go die in a fire. 

I've lost track of the number of fuckups and issues I've had with this company over the years, ranging from lost packages to double-parking moron drivers who block your parked car right when you need to leave.  I nearly got into a fistfight with one such asshole when he left his truck parked in the middle of the street, blocking traffic in both directions while he took his sweet time sauntering over to a house to drop a package unceremoniously on the front porch.

So I learned long ago not to use UPS.  But recently I had to return a gift that had been purchased on Amazon . . . and Amazon uses UPS to handle returned packages.  All the experience did was reinforce why I never personally use UPS. 

OF COURSE they lost the package.  That was a given.  But wasting my time dealing with their incompetent customer service assholes has been an added joy.  Suffice to say, I would rather remove my own eyeballs with a rusty lobster fork without anesthesia than ever deal with UPS again.        

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I've lost track of the number of fuckups and issues I've had with this company over the years, ranging from lost packages to double-parking moron drivers who block your parked car right when you need to leave.  I nearly got into a fistfight with one such asshole when he left his truck parked in the middle of the street, blocking traffic in both directions while he took his sweet time sauntering over to a house to drop a package unceremoniously on the front porch.

So I learned long ago not to use UPS.  But recently I had to return a gift that had been purchased on Amazon . . . and Amazon uses UPS to handle returned packages.  All the experience did was reinforce why I never personally use UPS. 

OF COURSE they lost the package.  That was a given.  But wasting my time dealing with their incompetent customer service assholes has been an added joy.  Suffice to say, I would rather remove my own eyeballs with a rusty lobster fork without anesthesia than ever deal with UPS again.        

Why not remove them with an uncooked lobster claw??  

I have had a number of problems over the years with UPS.  Also Fedex, but fewer.  I really have had the fewest problems with USPS and used Express Mail almost daily for about 10 years, with things where non-delivery or significantly delayed delivery could have caused problems.  Probably helped that they were all to a single destination.

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have had a number of problems over the years with UPS.  Also Fedex, but fewer.  I really have had the fewest problems with USPS and used Express Mail almost daily for about 10 years, with things where non-delivery or significantly delayed delivery could have caused problems.  Probably helped that they were all to a single destination.

I'm opposite of you. I've had great experiences with UPS, less so with FedEx and the most headaches with USPS. It's frustrating how dumb USPS is-- I have an address lets call it 9191 Treeleaf Lane. There is a street in my development one over called Bushleaf Lane, let's call it. Similiar and thematic, but different.

Every 5 packages or so gets sent to 9191 Bushleaf Lane instead of 9191 Treeleaf Lane. The old lady is nice and I know after a few days and if it says "delivered" to just drive over there and she will have it for me, but I order on average 5 packages a week so it's annoying to her and complaining to USPS does nothing as the drivers vary on this route.

50 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

So you're saying your packages with UPS have been unavoidably detained? Is that right @Carl Spackler?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Never had a UPS, FedEx or USPS problem. I’m having major issues with the IRS sending me notices dated one year ago with respect to my 2018 tax return. 

Nothing compares to the issues I’ve encountered with American Airlines or AT&T. Or TXU for that matter. 

Wouldn't let you dip on the plane?

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

UPS exists for the same reason that crappy private schools exist. I mail all sorts of packages, and have yet to find any area where UPS is competitive with the USPS.

But that's not what is important. What is important is to stress how horrible Sears was.

Erroneous!

UPS exists for items between 3lbs and  500 lbs.

in my experience, UPS>Fedex>>>USPS>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amazon Shitstains

as automation increases in the Mfg, ag, and infrastructure sectors, erst while ditch diggers are being pushed into delivery jobs.  USPS has a well-entrenched fuck-you-private-citizen culture, but the rapid growth of Amazon means they'll hire anything with a pulse, and it shows.  

most Amazon deliveries for me go to my neighbors.  the bottom of the bottom feeders get hired there.  they have the most advanced tracking and POD set up, and it's wasted on these idiots.  sure, they'll take a picture of your package on A porch, but whose porch is it?  no way to tell with Ansel Adams making the delivery.  one time, I walked around the block to check the angle of the sun and types of trees casting shadows to figure out where it went.  and they absolutely make it the most difficult to talk to a live person about their fuckups.  they'd rather just attempt to ship a replacement, which doesn't work if you bought the last one on the shelf.

fire the ovens.

• Hook 'Em 1