2022 RB Jaydon Blue

texifornia

You give each recruit one-five stars for performance on the 40:

One star: total bust, never sees the field at UT.

Two star: passed on depth chart early, maxes out on special teams / garbage time. Possibly a good kid who graduates, maybe transfers for more playing time elsewhere and isn't a dick about it.

Three star: Maxes out at one or two-year starter. Makes a play or two here and there. Maybe a Gaskamp Award type.

Four Star: All conference, probably more than once. Starts turning heads as a freshman. Drafted on day two...

Five star: All American, Heisman candidate, Outland / Lomabardi, first or second rounder, statues on campus, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Just spend a few hours Saturday on the game thread.  You’ll hit 100 posts easy.  Post some cheerleader pics or really anything in one of the food threads to get rep

the best way is to become a sugar daddy and post pics

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Just spend a few hours Saturday on the game thread.  You’ll hit 100 posts easy.  Post some cheerleader pics or really anything in one of the food threads to get rep

Don’t listen to this guy^^^^^, he’s fucking with you. 

the real secret way to get those numbers up is to spend most of your time on the politics board. Everyone is surprisingly understanding, balanced and there’s a wealth of intelligent, respectful and rewarding discussion as well as an inclusiveness that’s hard to find on the internet. If it doesn’t look that way at first, don’t give up. You’re probably just doing something wrong.

Your welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Don’t listen to this guy^^^^^, he’s fucking with you. 

the real secret way to get those numbers up is to spend most of your time on the politics board. Everyone is surprisingly understanding, balanced and there’s a wealth of intelligent, respectful and rewarding discussion as well as an inclusiveness that’s hard to find on the internet. If it doesn’t look that way at first, don’t give up. You’re probably just doing something wrong.

Your welcome. 

Pick a thread, it don't make a shit which, then simply choose the side the gang bang of group think is riding that day to 1000 LIKES within an hour.    

Edited by RollLeft
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Damnit! First response is always “uh oh…” 

kid has been nothing but 100 percent in this whole time. Hope he brings that attitude with him.

He has, but I’m sure his HS team thought he was 100% committed last season too.  You never know what these kids are thinking 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know a lot of guys have written Blue off and some don’t expect him to be on the team long term whether it’s a transfer or because of being kicked off his high school team.

With that said, he was at one point the # 1 ranked RB in the class nationally prior to his senior year.  The dude ran for over 2k in a though 6A district.  I’ve watched his tape, he’s probably the best prospect we’ve signed at RB outside of Bijan in the last 7-8 years.  Let’s hope he’s learned from his mistakes because I think this kid has NFL potential with his ability in space.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, victory88 said:

I know a lot of guys have written Blue off and some don’t expect him to be on the team long term whether it’s a transfer or because of being kicked off his high school team.

With that said, he was at one point the # 1 ranked RB in the class nationally prior to his senior year.  The dude ran for over 2k in a though 6A district.  I’ve watched his tape, he’s probably the best prospect we’ve signed at RB outside of Bijan in the last 7-8 years.  Let’s hope he’s learned from his mistakes because I think this kid has NFL potential with his ability in space.  

I would go as far as he has an excellent chance to be an all American 3 year and off to the NFL player than anyone coming in as a FR this last class.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I would go as far as he has an excellent chance to be an all American 3 year and off to the NFL player than anyone coming in as a FR this last class.

Him and Terrence Brooks are elite talents.  I think Finkley will be a very productive college player but not sure he has NFL size/measurables.  Then you have some athletic freaks in Thompson, Tapp, Bledsoe.  I also think BJ Allen will be a great program player and hopefully will lock down a safety spot.  Let’s see, this class has serious talent.  We need to stack it with another elite class and we should be ready to compete for the CFP if this coaching staff is half as good as people thought initially.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, victory88 said:

Watching his film, Blue's speed is so deceptive because he's such a smooth runner.  Still trying to figure out what previous great RBs he reminds me of, but really hoping Blue has a great career at Texas.   

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Him and Terrence Brooks are elite talents.  I think Finkley will be a very productive college player but not sure he has NFL size/measurables.  Then you have some athletic freaks in Thompson, Tapp, Bledsoe.  I also think BJ Allen will be a great program player and hopefully will lock down a safety spot.  Let’s see, this class has serious talent.  We need to stack it with another elite class and we should be ready to compete for the CFP if this coaching staff is half as good as people thought initially.

About the coaching staff, I totally agree. I know last year left a bad memory for everyone, and deservedly so. But everyone (even people outside the program) talked about how good this staff was, minus a couple and one of those is already gone. 

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Agreed, but careful to keep such optimism here and away from the rest of the board.