2022 RB Jaydon Blue

texifornia

45 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Working hard and putting yourself on the fast track to making money is selfish? I swear. Some of y'all just want something to bitch about.

Yes, it's literally selfish

It seems to me that being the best running back in the country and having enough credits to graduate a year early means that this guy is, at least anecdotally, pretty smart and driven. I was in jazz choir and got unlimited time on all my tests because my parents got divorced and I doubt I could graduate a year early if I tried. He’s gonna retire at 25 with 50 million dollars in the bank and 200 total carries. Hell yes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

While cussing out authority figures and fighting teammates!

Can we win a national championship with choir boys? I’m not saying we go full scum bag like joe mixon but there’s gotta be a line where our staff can take phenomenal athletes that are slightly troubled and keep a lid on them long enough to win a fuck ton of games. 

11 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Can we win a national championship with choir boys? I’m not saying we go full scum bag like joe mixon but there’s gotta be a line where our staff can take phenomenal athletes that are slightly troubled and keep a lid on them long enough to win a fuck ton of games. 

armed robbery, possession and DUI's are different than team chemistry brother!

I can't believe so many people are taking this personally. I'd rather him arrive to campus healthy than potentially injuring himself during the season. Some think it's selfish, but at the same time it gives the kids behind him on their depth chart a chance to shine. It's not like he's the only RB on the team. Everything will be fine. I doubt he's a cancer or these are "red flags". He just wants to get to college uninjured, and that's ok. This probably pisses off people who watch high school football, but at the end of the day he's making the best decision for himself. People need to calm down. 

• Hook 'Em 6

27 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I can't believe so many people are taking this personally. I'd rather him arrive to campus healthy than potentially injuring himself during the season. Some think it's selfish, but at the same time it gives the kids behind him on their depth chart a chance to shine. It's not like he's the only RB on the team. Everything will be fine. I doubt he's a cancer or these are "red flags". He just wants to get to college uninjured, and that's ok. This probably pisses off people who watch high school football, but at the end of the day he's making the best decision for himself. People need to calm down. 

Except for the fact he cussed out his coaching staff and continually fought with teammates, sure. 

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Except for the fact he cussed out his coaching staff and continually fought with teammates, sure. 

I mean, I can only go by what's posted here, so who knows if it's fact. I'm hoping it's just internet rumor stemming from people being upset. But again, if you have concrete evidence that proves he did that I would probably change my stance. 

Even if he doesn't reclassify, he's about 98.36% likely to enroll in January.

Running Backs should do this as much as possible.

Running Backs should go to college teams with a pipeline of RBs ahead of them, so they only have one big year, their junior year. Then they should go pro.

Running Backs should be paid for their production OUTSIDE of the salary cap.

HOOK'EM JAYDON BLUE !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Even if he doesn't reclassify, he's about 98.36% likely to enroll in January.

Running Backs should do this as much as possible.

Running Backs should go to college teams with a pipeline of RBs ahead of them, so they only have one big year, their junior year. Then they should go pro.

Running Backs should be paid for their production OUTSIDE of the salary cap.

HOOK'EM JAYDON BLUE !!!

Whether I like it or not, I get what these kids are doing, especially RBs... but I wonder if at some point they run the risk of  not having played enough football, or not getting enough reps/action, and if that could be a setback. I haven't thought that through a whole lot, just something that crossed my mind recently. 

58 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I mean, I can only go by what's posted here, so who knows if it's fact. I'm hoping it's just internet rumor stemming from people being upset. But again, if you have concrete evidence that proves he did that I would probably change my stance. 

I still remember an aggy telling me that Vince Young punched his coach during a game in High School and he would never amount to anything. They were spreading that rumor around for quite a while.

Just now, Sejjr said:

I still remember an aggy telling me that Vince Young punched his coach during a game in High School and he would never amount to anything. They were spreading that rumor around for quite a while.

Jesus Christ. I'm surprised they didn't end it with Reggie McNeal cured homelessness and dedicated his entire football career to kids in need. 

I'm going with the post CTJ had yesterday that a big part of the new staff's recruiting strategy was determining a kids desire to play football and if it wasn't there they would back off.  

This could be a pretty big test with Blue.  

I'm one that believes he won't end up at Texas whether it is the coaches backing off because they think he could be a problem or he just decides to go elsewhere. 

On 5/28/2021 at 3:10 PM, Laga4 said:

I'm going with the post CTJ had yesterday that a big part of the new staff's recruiting strategy was determining a kids desire to play football and if it wasn't there they would back off.  

This could be a pretty big test with Blue.  

I'm one that believes he won't end up at Texas whether it is the coaches backing off because they think he could be a problem or he just decides to go elsewhere. 

I'm not a fan of the kid's recent choices but I certainly don't have enough information to know if he's done enough to get cut loose. Doesn't sound like he has actual off-the-field issues and I presume his academics are in order if he graduated early. If this is just a teenager being an asshole then I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll mature.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/28/2021 at 11:32 AM, Sejjr said:

If he did, I'm sure that coach fucking deserved it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:22 AM, WinningIsHard said:

Dogs.  Quandre Diggs says we need more Dogs!

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

Hopefully that is a sobering/ cathartic experience. Whats supposed to be the pinnacle of his you life , playing his senior year of high school football before going to to Texas. And he is denied this chance because he was such an ass, his whole team voted that they didnt want him on the team.  

Or he will just blame everybody but himself and im sure turn out just fine. 

We also don’t know how the “team vote” was presented to the team. The coaches could have poisoned the water worse than Jaydon had already done himself and made it clear to the team that they didn’t want him back. The show of hands may include a bunch of kids who didn’t want to piss of the coaches.

Not a positive no matter how you look at it, but I don’t hold high school coaches in high regard, either. 

38 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

We also don’t know how the “team vote” was presented to the team. The coaches could have poisoned the water worse than Jaydon had already done himself and made it clear to the team that they didn’t want him back. The show of hands may include a bunch of kids who didn’t want to piss of the coaches.

Not a positive no matter how you look at it, but I don’t hold high school coaches in high regard, either. 

Shit's different these days. Back in my day, our parents would have said "He wants back on the team? Well fuck yah you let him back on the team we gotta win state!" Nowadays it's all, "oh, you're fine without him! You're great. Your whole team is great because y'all don't give up which is the only important part blacka yacka blargh"

The skipping out on your senior year thing may be new, but the attitude of taking care of yourself while being a part of a team isn't. A lot of those guys work out just fine, some don't. A lot of guys who aren't like that and are great athletes work out just fine. Some don't.

Edited by UncleBuck

I’d imagine it went something like this:

We’re going to leave it up to you guys as to whether he comes back, but if he does, everybody will be doing the same workouts as him. And after all his bullshit, he’s in for an absolutely miserable year of practice.

But who gives a shit. This is an old story, and we’ve got a finiminole RB room. It’s low risk, high reward.