(2) Baylor at (6)Texas 6pm on ESPN

SDG

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

In all seriousness, it could be a lot worse. Some calls at the end of the half went our way and helped us get within striking distance.

If our guards can take better care of the ball and people start making their free throws (*cough* I'm looking at you, Jericho. *cough*), then we've got a real shot.

agree with this.  we are lucky to be only down 7.  good luck on Sims making FTs though.  His last FT was weird(and awful, hit the backboard first).  Did he change the way he shoots FT's?

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

im 100% serious with this question:

if Texas went on a 5-0 run to get the game close and then Courtney Ramey pulled up from 30 feet and air balled it, would Shaka bench him? I seriously say no. 

in year's past we got out coached and it was very obvious. this year our team is so good that we can still usually win while being out coached. but not against Baylor, or even Tech or OU this year. every possession matters, and we do not value the ball under Shaka Smart. it's been one of his biggest weaknesses from day one, and while the talent and experience of this team have masked some of Shaka's worts, there's no hiding the absolute shit that is our "offense" against Big XII competition. every possession is either an instant pull-up jumper, or 25 seconds of nothing followed by a desperation drive or heave. it's hard to watch. 

Look. We get it. Youve told us a millions times how you feel about Shaka. And it’s not that you’re wrong, it’s just that you’ve been on repeat for three years.

But any of you expecting to win this game are a little nuts. We haven’t had our full team together in three weeks and Baylor is simply better than us.

We don’t have an elite coach and we all know it. But winning this game right now considering the circumstances is a tough task.

And also, Ramey still sucks and yes Shaka contributes to that.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Look. We get it. Youve told us a millions times how you feel about Shaka. And it’s not that you’re wrong, it’s just that you’ve been on repeat for three years.

But any of you expecting to win this game are a little nuts. We haven’t had our full team together in three weeks and Baylor is simply better than us.

We don’t have an elite coach and we all know it. But winning this game right now considering the circumstances is a tough task.

And also, Ramey still sucks and yes Shaka contributes to that.

dude the stuff i'm saying isn't even about this game. don't you get it? we've had to put up with this stupid asshole as our coach for more than five years now, and we FINALLY have a legit top 5-10 team in the country and we're going to go home early from both postseason tournaments because of the exact same stupid shit that has plagued every single one of Shaka's Texas teams. I'm not worried about beating Baylor, i'm fucking distressed watching us lose to TTU, OU, and BU in three consecutive home games in classic Shaka fashion because of what it means about the ceiling of this team. 

Therws no question how good this team is, but i fear that there's also very little question that when we get sent packing this year it will be in a game where we shot ourselves in the foot with a ton of rudderless/aimless offensive possessions.

Edited by shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

As frustrating as Shaka is, his teams always play with tons of energy. Not always brains, but plenty of heart. 

This. Even shorthanded in the OU game. Team has a lot of heart and balls. Guys who are easy to root for 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

dude the stuff i'm saying isn't even about this game. don't you get it? we've had to put up with this stupid asshole as our coach for more than five years now, and we FINALLY have a legit top 5-10 team in the country and we're going to go home early from both postseason tournaments because of the exact same stupid shit that has plagued every single one of Shaka's Texas teams. I'm not worried about beating Baylor, i'm fucking distressed watching us lose to TTU, OU, and BU in three consecutive home games in classic Shaka fashion because of what it means about the ceiling of this team. 

Yes, I do get it. Like I said, I don’t necessarily think you’re wrong. But we’ve hear it on repeat since Shaka got here.

We are what we are. Shaka’s not elite. But I want to cheer on my team more than I tear down the coach.

• Hook 'Em 1