It's NSD 2021 - Signees thread

immamac

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Looking at his full list of schools that "visited" with him, the big schools all wanted him.  

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ishmael-Ibraheem-123469/RecruitInterests/

That's not what the "Visit" column means. It means if the recruit visited the school (which is a pretty irrelevant given COVID).

48 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yeah, I'm sure every creative agency in the world is using the wrong computers. 🙄

counterpoint: Everybody loves Nickelback and Justin Bieber.

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am a converted windows user to Mac, they are superior in just about every way to windows. Our company won't even let us have Microsoft office without a business case, it's a brave new world oldster. 

agree to disagree ryan gosling GIF by The Academy Awards

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's not what the "Visit" column means. It means if the recruit visited the school (which is a pretty irrelevant given COVID).

When they list specific recruiters does that mean it's a more serious recruitment? I've never known how to perceive that. Regardless, this guy was pretty sought after going off of the offer list. It's kinda weird he didn't get anything after he committed to us unless he just didn't disclose any scholarship offers after that. Also, he had most of the big schools already.

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

counterpoint: Everybody loves Nickelback and Justin Bieber.

When they list specific recruiters does that mean it's a more serious recruitment? I've never known how to perceive that. Regardless, this guy was pretty sought after going off of the offer list. It's kinda weird he didn't get anything after he committed to us unless he just didn't disclose any scholarship offers after that. Also, he had most of the big schools already.

It mostly just means that school's 9.95er bothered to enter it in. They're often really out of date, especially below the teams that merit having a staff of 9.95ers as opposed to a couple freelancers.

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

so am i right that with lee and ibraheem signed, we are down to lj, abiara, and uke as possibilities today?

Is lj going to make a decision, finally?

Dude makes Hamlet look decisive.

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am a converted windows user to Mac, they are superior in just about every way to windows. Our company won't even let us have Microsoft office without a business case, it's a brave new world oldster. 

Macs still suck for Excel users.

• Hook 'Em 4

33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Thanks for the post!

Welcome to the Longhorn Nation, David Abiara!

QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO KNOW:
Is he a weak side DE/OLB guy? or are we* going to put him in the weight room for 1 to 2 years and have him play SDE?

*by "we", of course I mean to imply that I will be part of the decision-making process due to my 3 titles in middle school football (all intramural) and a year of riding the bench of a fairly shitty JV team at a small private school.

EDIT: Just saw this posted by @texifornia below his individual thread:

How he fits at Texas: Abiara’s projection depends somewhat on what Texas wants from their strongside defensive end. He’s pretty comfortable outside right now, setting the edge and turning the shoulders of offensive tackles in the pass-rush. He’s also likely to end up being 6-4, 280-pounds+ in no time with college strength and conditioning and could potentially spin down to defensive tackle. Strongside end might be most likely since he’s already so comfortable getting to the edge and working the angles against offensive tackles. He could grow into the kind of player that can rush the passer some and also two-gap against spread schemes that are designed to attack linebackers. – IB

Coach says: Strengths – Great height/frame for the defensive line. Could play a number of spots. Frame will gladly accept more bulk. Has impressive arm length and upper body strength. One of the more efficient uses of hands I’ve seen in recent years. Gets very good arm extension and controls/guides his blocker. Really strong on the play side. Shows a great conversion of power to speed and a consistent rip move. As an outside rusher, will sink the hips and take the shortest route to the ball. Will routinely outmatch the tackle. Despite being a big guy, he arrives to hit the smaller ball carrier without altering his tackling mechanic thus delivering good power through the tackle. Closes fast. Good straight line speed and pursuit. Plays past the whistle (which I like).

Areas for Improvement / Concern: Gets too high, too fast. Will lose a lot of speed on direction change. Get off is inconsistent. Motor doesn’t show on opponent film. Opponent film shows him off balance at times.

https://insidetexas.com/david-abiara-commits-to-texas/

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Thanks for the post!

Welcome to the Longhorn Nation, David Abiara!

QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO KNOW:
Is he a weak side DE/OLB guy? or are we* going to put him in the weight room for 1 to 2 years and have him play SDE?

*by "we", of course I mean to imply that I will be part of the decision-making process due to my 3 titles in middle school football (all intramural) and a year of riding the bench of a fairly shitty JV team at a small private school.

Check the IT writeup in his commitment thread - they've got a bunch of evals from different writers.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, remoh said:

Stfu you nerds with Pc v mac. Wth is this? The 90s. 

This here is a man with the keen sense of timing that would roll into Pompeii in 80AD and yell at the skeletons that the big hill over there is looking kind of smoky.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1