Sheridan’s "Those who wish me Dead"

Juicy

Watched it a couple nights ago. Didn’t love it but didn’t hate it. I was entertained enough, it was free through HBO, and I appreciate that it was 1h40m instead of 3hr like many newer movies tend to be.

Agree with the criticisms about Jolie’s model appearance throughout the movie. It was distracting.

For any GoT fans, the movie might be worth the watch just to see Littlefinger’s end.

Hank McCoy gets it worse. I halfway expected him to reappear horror-movie style.

On 5/31/2021 at 11:25 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just watched and thought it sucked.  Was there production issues with this because like others said it felt disjointed and rushed.  Almost like they changed directors and re wrote the script half way through.  My wife made me watch it as she said the book was great but there was so much lazy writing where they are able to track the family from Florida to Montana because they saw a picture on the wall and figured that is where he would go.  Stuff like that is just stupid and no I wasn’t expecting an Oscar winner but maybe they could try a little harder to make a coherent well written action/thriller flick.

So...this.  I give the movie 3 stars out of 5 because they got in under 100 minutes and it wasn’t un watchable. But it was bad.  The kid was fine.  Like he wasn’t Anakin in the first prequel, but let’s not act like he was Newt. It was obviously a director switch mid movie. The whole thing felt disjointed.

Jolie was terrible, miscast, and poorly served by the make up crew. She was a constant distraction throughout the movie. 

The funny thing is, for all the stupid bad guy shit the bad guys  did, Hoult kinda low key steals the movie. He faces a “shouldn’t we just shoot these people” look all movie while Baelish flails about, which is correct.

For a week night movie, I was entertained. Badly. But wife and I had severely bad movie lols.

Edited by Bateshorn

I forgot to ask but when I watched this for some reason everything seemed like it was shot too close.  Was this a glitch with HBO MAX or was the movie shot in a strange way.  I may not be describing it right but it seemed like the aspect ratio was off or something like I was too close to the peoples faces.  Anyone else notice this by chance?