Curb Your Enthusiasm: Best scenes, scenarios

Gil Bang

You don't even need to fly private.  I've been on commercial flights in small enough aircraft they have to weigh you and your bag that same day.  For one thing, they have to know how much fuel to put in, and then second, they need to balance out the weight both fore/aft, and then also port/starboard, both in the passenger area, and also in the cargo hold.  

I used to say I could watch Leon and Larry just shoot the shit on the most mundane topics for an hour, and laugh my ass off.  And this episode was basically half that and it fully delivered.  It was also a strange running time, like 41 minutes.  I enjoyed the extra time but I hope these "over-time" episodes don't mean we're gonna get 2 or 3 less episodes on the back end?  

Where's that store again? 

And is that where the carnival is?

Is it gonna be fun?  

That one probably falls into my top 10 eps of Curb. Leon was on fire as well. “This ain’t the playoffs!”

Watched it at the gym on the elliptical....figured quick way to pass 30mins...then realized it was longer than normal like halfway through.. I lol’d a few times trying to hide a goofy smirk in public. Ironically there was a pregnant lady working out nearby. Not redhead though...and husband was asian.

Definitely re-watchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I re-watched it and Leon was definitely the star. The description thing, massage from the maid and telling the bartender just to give him the whole bottle so he doesn’t have to come back for refills. 

When Suzy asks Larry why he even came and he says “it was presented to me like it would be fun” was perfect. I’ll use that a lot. 

^
Absolutely.  I thought when Larry took the hiatus to New York a couple seasons ago that would sorta be their tacit way of writing Leon off the show (keep in mind, he was established on the show at that point, but not THAT established, a full 1.5 seasons ago).  And there's no mention of him for awhile, and then Larry is walking to his temporary apartment in Manhattan an there's Leon inexplicably with a front-door parking spot outside his building complaining about his roommate and how he had to get the fuck outta L.A.  That quick sidewalk exchange with Larry is one of the all-time great moments in the series.  And from then on, you knew they'd keep him around no matter what plot-armor they'd have to offer him.  You know, like making him a full-time coffee bean tracker in Western Mexico.  

On 2/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, Lobo said:

And there's no mention of him for awhile, and then Larry is walking to his temporary apartment in Manhattan an there's Leon inexplicably with a front-door parking spot outside his building complaining about his roommate and how he had to get the fuck outta L.A.

god, that scene is gold.  one of my favorites and peak Leon.

“this motherfuckin car got some heart, man”

”I don’t fly, baby.  you gotta have a photo id for that.  fuck that”

“see the baby-seat back there?”

How come none of you twitter folks posted the story about how trump tweeted out the scene with Larry in the MAGA hat with the motorcycle tough guy?   Holy shit; it just made my day.  Hadn’t seen the CNN story in it until just now 

On 2/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, Lobo said:

^
Absolutely.  I thought when Larry took the hiatus to New York a couple seasons ago that would sorta be their tacit way of writing Leon off the show (keep in mind, he was established on the show at that point, but not THAT established, a full 1.5 seasons ago).  And there's no mention of him for awhile, and then Larry is walking to his temporary apartment in Manhattan an there's Leon inexplicably with a front-door parking spot outside his building complaining about his roommate and how he had to get the fuck outta L.A.  That quick sidewalk exchange with Larry is one of the all-time great moments in the series.  And from then on, you knew they'd keep him around no matter what plot-armor they'd have to offer him.  You know, like making him a full-time coffee bean tracker in Western Mexico.  

LOL plus he had driven Larry's car across the country to get there and it was all beat to shit, lol.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I don’t know who that mailman guy is but he nails every scene he’s in.  

I remember him from kroll show, if you ever saw that.  it was a sketch comedy with nick kroll on comedy central like 7 or 8 years ago.  one of their recurring sketches was a fake reality show called "rich dick$" which I always enjoyed quite a bit.  mailman was one of the rich dicks.

ruined by marrying a hilarious and highly intelligent guy?  okay.

Whoa sorry, Borat’s..brother..?

I guess I’m not going to get you to say anything bad about Borat?

Ruined as in he probably does some wild freaky shit with her lil ass. I wouldn’t want seconds (but I still would). It’s a joke, comrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk