Curb Your Enthusiasm: Best scenes, scenarios

Gil Bang

Perfect ending to a great season.  How everything comes full circle and bites Larry in the ass is always awesome and well done. lol 

I've been pretending to knock stuff over in the house by twisting my hips....wife saw the episode so she laughs when I do it, but probably really laughing for other reasons. 

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

oh fuck yeah!

I love the last line of the article with the quote from Larry David.

Larry David added, “Believe me, I’m as upset about this as you are. One day I can only hope that HBO will come to their senses and grant me the cancellation I so richly deserve.”

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Yeah, hopefully his cousin Lewis Lewis can donate a shoulder to Richard to speed up his recovery.  Good news though is, I think we're getting another season of "Curb." 

I can't wait to see how they deal with Covid/Trump/etc.

Yeah, I wish him the best in his real life recovery, but I’ve always found Lewis as the weak link among Larry’s friends on the show.  Leon, Funkhouser (RIP), Jeff and Susie, and Ted Danson are where the action is.   Find some way to bring Jon Hamm back, too, because he was fucking great in that episode last season.

Jon Hamm being Larry was fucking amazing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The restaurant scene with Hamm, Lewis, and Larry was my favorite scene from last season.  

I cry and cry when Hamm looks at Larry and says “I’m sorry to hear that” 

and the look on Lewis’ face when he realizes how similar they are.  That was maybe his finest moment on the whole series. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

The restaurant scene with Hamm, Lewis, and Larry was my favorite scene from last season.  

I cry and cry when Hamm looks at Larry and says “I’m sorry to hear that” 

and the look on Lewis’ face when he realizes how similar they are.  That was maybe his finest moment on the whole series. 

Jon Hamm was the best part of Curb Season 10. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

ill take less richard lewis if it means more freddy funkhouser.

I think the show fundamentally changed after Bob Einstein passed. I like how Curb pivoted last season, but you still miss Marty. Letting Vince Vaughn do his his thing as Freddy was great. 

I like Jeff and Susie, but it has to be difficult to write funny stuff for them to do at this point. Sammy is out of the house. Jeff is too old for affairs, and thus, doesn't live in constant fear of Susie. I think we need a good old fashioned Larry and Susie shouting match. The "who looks more Jewish" debate was gold. 

I could probably watch an entire season of Leon's small business ideas. 

Aside from being maybe the funniest TV writer in history, you can make a documentary just about the insane fucking movie ideas and small business ideas that come out of Larry David's head.  Not actual movie ideas for real life ('Sour Grapes' sucked, sorry), but the movies that the characters inside his shows are either working on, or are going to see at the cinema.  And then the ideas for businesses that come from guys like Kramer and Leon and Larry's other friends like Paul Reiser.  

It's insane to me.  We're so busy laughing and relating to the comedic spin he puts on the minutia of life...that we forget sometimes that he's also been busy doing a creative world-build for 20 years with dozens of pretend movies and venture capital ideas that I could be enamored with for months on end.  You telling me you wouldn't want to work a shift with Leon at his bathroom break business then head off with him to watch "Mountain High." ?  

I love that the savviest business man named Leon Black is no longer the publicly shamed Apollo Capital CEO, but rather our beloved Leon Black from "curb" 

Didn’t Marty’s dad die early on in the show?   And Larry did something woefully inappropriate at the funeral?   I googled it but nothing came up except Jody turning into Joey. 

On 1/25/2021 at 8:46 PM, Gil Bang said:

I can live without Lewis.  More room for Leon, Susie, etc.  

Lewis was great early on but has been kind of "meh" in later years.

One of the funniest was that scene in either season 1 or 2 when Richard showed up in Larry's office after sitting in traffic for hours. Apparently Richard Lewis actually HAD been sitting in traffic for hours and went right into the scene when he arrived, lol.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Pandemic Larry has the possibility of being the greatest Larry.

I gotta strong hunch that Larry's take on Covid-19/vaccines/etc. is gonna hurt a lot of snowflake feelings. 

Not that he ever gave a fuck, but to your point---with all due respect, I believe this will be Larry's finest hour.  

I gotta strong hunch that Larry's take on Covid-19/vaccines/etc. is gonna hurt a lot of snowflake feelings. 
Not that he ever gave a fuck, but to your point---with all due respect, I believe this will be Larry's finest hour.  

Which brand of snow flake is he going to enrage? The “anyone who leaves their house is trying to kill you” variety or the “WEARIN A CHIN DIAPER IS AGAINST MAH RAGHTS” variety?

10 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Which brand of snow flake is he going to enrage? The “anyone who leaves their house is trying to kill you” variety or the “WEARIN A CHIN DIAPER IS AGAINST MAH RAGHTS” variety?

Why not both?  Larry is an equal opportunity offender and enrager.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I do know that the episode with the red hat last year enraged a lot of his fans that are friends of mine.  They didn't understand the satirical tool for what it was.  It wasn't a political statement, it was that a man who spends most of his adult time and energy avoiding people and situations, managed to find the greatest avoidance tool in history, at least in terms of his circle of friends.

I'm optimistic he'll do something brilliant with vaccines and/or masks.  It'll piss off some people in real life, but that guy is at an age and wealth level, what does he give a fuck.  He may get a real life fatwah on his ass though, with some snowflake looking to make an example of him in real life for belittling "MAH RIGHTS" crowd so hard on the show.  

If I were a betting man, episode 1:

"Leon, if you wanna keep living here...rent free I might add...you gotta get the vaccine!"

"Nah man, I don't trust that government shit Larry.  My grand-pops got that shit in Tuskegee.  He ain't never piss right after that."  

"This is completely different.  I understand your hesitation about past grievances. But this vaccine is to protect me and my dad, and you I might add!"

"I dunno Larry, I don't want to end up like my grandpops getting some bullshit syphilis."

"Leon, you fucking have syphilis!" 

"Yeah, but she was a fine piece of ass.  You remember Sheila, right?   Mmmmph."  

I do know that the episode with the red hat last year enraged a lot of his fans that are friends of mine.  They didn't understand the satirical tool for what it was.  It wasn't a political statement, it was that a man who spends most of his adult time and energy avoiding people and situations, managed to find the greatest avoidance tool in history, at least in terms of his circle of friends.
I'm optimistic he'll do something brilliant with vaccines and/or masks.  It'll piss off some people in real life, but that guy is at an age and wealth level, what does he give a fuck.  He may get a real life fatwah on his ass though, with some snowflake looking to make an example of him in real life for belittling "MAH RIGHTS" crowd so hard on the show.  
"Leon, if you wanna keep living here...rent free I might add...you gotta get the vaccine!"
"Nah man, I don't trust that government shit Larry.  My grand-pops got that shit in Tuskegee.  He ain't never piss right after that."  
"This is completely different.  I understand your hesitation about past grievances. But this vaccine is to protect me and my dad, and you I might add!"
"I dunno Larry, I don't want to end up like my grandpops getting some bullshit syphilis."

Holy shit is that spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m hoping for both, as I hate both camps strongly. Most people who refer to snowflakes are only considering the former to be examples of the phenomenon.

oh i could definitely see both sides. in addition to Lobo's script i could totally see him like...trying to pick up a takeout order and forgetting his mask but the hostess stand is on the restaurant patio and his order is sitting RIGHT THERE and he's already paid online but the snooty host won't give him the food without a mask BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE RULES. 

Meet The Parents Bitch GIF - Meet The Parents Bitch Ignore - Discover &  Share GIFs

heh. or something like that. totally. 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

"Larry David has entered the chat."

• Like 1