Christopher Plummer has died

4th&Five

42 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

RIP.  Fantastic actor.  Always loved this scene.  "Mike?  Try Mr. Wallace!".

was immediately what i thought of as well.

i said this on the hal holbrook thread what, two days ago?  seems every day we lose another legend.  i guess these things come in 9's or whatever we're up to now.

Wow, it would take us months to unpack the depth and scope of his film career, and TV, and stage.  I had no idea until today how much wonderful work he had been a part of and how he did what he loved up until the end (4 films and 12 serial episodes just in the last 18+ months).  And by all accounts, a really solid guy.  

If you have a chance, watch a wonderful little animated film called "9."  Plummer is the voiceover of one of the "dolls" and it is so heartwarming (well, by the end anyways).  I didn't appreciate how brilliant his voice was, nevermind his acting range, until today when I thought of that movie.  He's apparently done quite a bit of other voiceover work in cinema as of late.  Then his musical affinities, physical presence, drama, comedy, horror, suspense, satire, straight-up impression acting, and then his stage prowess.  I don't know there was anything he couldn't master in the vast spectrum of storytelling.  What a life.  RIP sir.