2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, WBT said:

LaRussa just intentionally walked Pujols as the go ahead run.  He then brought Hendricks in for the 4 out save and he got the last out in the 8th.

Steve Cishek getting up 0-2 on Billy Hamilton (legit might be the worst hitter in MLB), only to end up walking him was just ridiculous. ended up blowing the game wide open too.

On 4/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, TonyTexas said:

That Dodgers/Rockies play is something I’ve never seen. Bellinger hits a HR but base runner Turner thought it was caught. Bellinger in his home run trot, passes a retreating Turner and is called out. Turner gets to score. 

Came across this on another site, a list of runners out for passing another runner

https://retrosheet.org/passing.htm

I went to law school, but don't practice law.  But I can't conceive of a world where I would describe the new Georgia election laws as "Mundane."  MLB may have overcorrected, maybe Jim Crow 2.0 is hyperbolic, but Mundane?  That's insulting.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Is that the second base umpire, who's responsible for the call, still on the infield side of second base?

Looks like it.  The retrosheet writeup says the 3rd base ump ruled it safe and in play right away.  I'm not sure why the rotation would be for the 3rd base ump to go out on a ball in center but I guess it was.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Looks like it.  The retrosheet writeup says the 3rd base ump ruled it safe and in play right away.  I'm not sure why the rotation would be for the 3rd base ump to go out on a ball in center but I guess it was.

The only thing I can figure is that they both managed to misjudge where the ball was going?   Except the 2B ump should be heading out there right away regardless and the 1B ump should be covering second.  

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I went to law school, but don't practice law.  But I can't conceive of a world where I would describe the new Georgia election laws as "Mundane."  MLB may have overcorrected, maybe Jim Crow 2.0 is hyperbolic, but Mundane?  That's insulting.

Thought you were pre-med? 

First HR of the year for the Dodgers (not so fast Bellinger) and also the first Dodger to have an inside the parker as his first career HR since Duke Snider.

Bonus Kershaw nose pick if you watch until the end.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 9:34 AM, Lobo said:

Facts not in evidence 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Shohei hitting 2-hole while on the bump tonight. 

Sweet, he also DH'd yesterday.  The original plan where they gave him the day off the day before and day after pitching and didn't let him hit while pitching was weak.