2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

They gotta long way to go to 'beat' the '88 Orioles.  It's really statistically challenging to have both the worst offense and the worst pitching in the same season.  But hey, people forget the '88 Orioles were the 7th best fielding team in the American League.  The A's are also rock bottom in offense and pitching...but FIFTH in fielding.  See...gotta look on the bright side.  

Great start for new guy. 

Just as George Springer was nearing his return from a left oblique strain, the Blue Jays’ star center fielder felt tightness in his right quad while running the bases on Tuesday.

The new injury cut Springer’s baserunning session short, and he underwent an MRI. The Blue Jays are waiting on the results of that test, manager Charlie Montoyo said prior to Wednesday afternoon’s series finale against the Rangers at Globe Life Field.

“He did the live batting practice and everything was fine,” Montoyo explained. “Then it was time for him to run the bases, and when he was running the bases, he felt a tightness in the quad and stopped. As the day went on, he felt like, ‘OK, this is not just a cramp,’ and that’s when we got the MRI.”

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

2 minutes with the Nats announcers was two minutes too much.

I don't get the hate for these guys, but I've heard it enough to think that I may be wrong.  

I still think KC, STL, and COL have much worse announcing teams, to name a few.  

I also think going from Hawk Harrelson to Benetti may be the greatest upgrade in announcing history.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't get the hate for these guys, but I've heard it enough to think that I may be wrong.  

I still think KC, STL, and COL have much worse announcing teams, to name a few.  

I also think going from Hawk Harrelson to Benetti may be the greatest upgrade in announcing history.

I almost exclusively listen to KMOX as opposed to watching. Mclaughlin isn't great and Edmunds is horrible.  Would rather listen to Shannon get hammered. 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Well, I guess I'm glad to know I'm not alone.   During this particular point they were talking about the Nats "still have fight in them."  Then one of the two just went into this random word play with "fight hard, fight club....fight to live...if you're a USC Trojan, fight on."  I'm obviously paraphrasing but he did include fight club and USC in his 'bit.'  At the USC point I flipped over to the Braves.

Edit:  I haven't heard them this year, but I remember not liking the COL announcers at all last year.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

21 minutes ago, pops said:

I almost exclusively listen to KMOX as opposed to watching. Mclaughlin isn't great and Edmunds is horrible.  Would rather listen to Shannon get hammered. 

I tried KMOX the other day, but it was about 5 seconds behind the video.  

I usually watch the other team's video, but the Marlins' broadcast has been down today.  Edmonds is a complete beating.  He's both dumb and uninteresting.  

25 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Edit:  I haven't heard them this year, but I remember not liking the COL announcers at all last year.

Drew Goodman is still the PBP, and I assume he's still pissed off at the world because every umpire is trying to screw the Rockies on every call.  

I’m seeing that “runner starts at 2nd” rule for the first time in the Os-Yanks game. Os bunted the runner over to 3rd with the first batter in the 11th, then he scored when the next batter hit a 7000 foot high pop up to shallow left that Gardner was too slow to even get close to. 

I got even more pissed when I immediately remembered arguing with @Beau Vine last year, I said it was a good rule change and no one would ever actually bunt with the first batter. It’s a stupid as fuck rule seeing it play out in person and I hate it.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m seeing that “runner starts at 2nd” rule for the first time in the Os-Yanks game. Os bunted the runner over to 3rd with the first batter in the 11th, then he scored when the next batter hit a 7000 foot high pop up to shallow left that Gardner was too slow to even get close to. 

I got even more pissed when I immediately remembered arguing with @Beau Vine last year, I said it was a good rule change and no one would ever actually bunt with the first batter. It’s a stupid as fuck rule seeing it play out in person and I hate it.

If Freddie Galvas is at the plate, you might as well bunt.

• Like 1

That was the worst fucking scoring attempt I’ve ever seen in my life. Oh my god. Go fuck yourself Urshela you slow fucking loser. God damn it.

Whats the logic in giving up an out when you’re down to your last 3 outs? That bunt by Gardner was so stupid.

14 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Wait until you see some of the new proposals 

http://stuffnobodycaresabout.com/2020/12/03/2021-baseball-rule-changes/

The only difference from the TV version of Get Smart’s Cone of Silence will be that these cones will be completely opaque. This will eliminate the need for all involved to obscure their mouths while speaking to one another. This will keep their top secret pitching plans being deciphered by National Association of the Deaf members or the Astros.