2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

is he towing a boat? is he sweeping a broom? is he stirring the pot? we may never know. all we know is that javy is awesome and that nobody aside from trevor bauer likes amir garrett. 

Yeah anyone else and I would say to take your base and go celebrate with your teammates.

But no one likes Amir Garrett

Javy comes across as a super friendly, likeable guy;  teammates love him.  I can't recall him ever having beef with a player on another team either.  Except for this motherfucker. 

Sara's Snapshots: Javier Baez has had it with Amir Garrett - Bleed Cubbie  Blue

Javy was already barking at Amir as he stepped in the box.  Camera panned to Cubs dugout and you could see his teammates laughing.  First pitch-  ballgame and go fuck yourself, Amir.  

something i'd like to see happen in a real MLB game, based on events which just took place in my MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode:

1)umpire makes a terrible strike call, preferably in a game where he's been making tons of them, such as that SD game that i recently posted about.

2)batter hits a fucking bomb, turns and looks at the umpire, and throws his bat like 50 feet in the air before very slowly and arrogantly rounding the bases. 

3)blue obviously ejects the player as he's coming home, but the player never even looks at blue, he just smiles and celebrates with his teammates and then hits the showers. would be epic.

btw, speaking of epic, let me share with you all an idea i've had for 20 years but have never had a chance to practice: if you're ever at an MLB game and either you or one of your party catches a home run ball, do not high five and celebrate with each other- instead, everyone in your group *immediately* start doing The Robot upping the catching of the home run. HR catch >> robot. all of you. you can thank me when you go viral for being hilarious and awesome. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

if you're ever at an MLB game and either you or one of your party catches a home run ball, do not high five and celebrate with each other- instead, everyone in your group *immediately* start doing The Robot upping the catching of the home run. HR catch >> robot. all of you. you can thank me when you go viral for being hilarious and awesome. 

Sounds cool. Can you post a video of yourself doing it so we know exactly what we should do?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

something i'd like to see happen in a real MLB game, based on events which just took place in my MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode:

1)umpire makes a terrible strike call, preferably in a game where he's been making tons of them, such as that SD game that i recently posted about.

2)batter hits a fucking bomb, turns and looks at the umpire, and throws his bat like 50 feet in the air before very slowly and arrogantly rounding the bases. 

3)blue obviously ejects the player as he's coming home, but the player never even looks at blue, he just smiles and celebrates with his teammates and then hits the showers. would be epic.

btw, speaking of epic, let me share with you all an idea i've had for 20 years but have never had a chance to practice: if you're ever at an MLB game and either you or one of your party catches a home run ball, do not high five and celebrate with each other- instead, everyone in your group *immediately* start doing The Robot upping the catching of the home run. HR catch >> robot. all of you. you can thank me when you go viral for being hilarious and awesome. 

Ice Cream No GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Fucking Bellinger.  What a mess he's been this year.

After he pump faked to 2B he looked to be throwing to 3B with such confidence that I was sure Posey had wandered too far, slipped, etc. 

Then....wheeeeeeee

Classic OH NO....OH YES moment. For me at least. 

Yankees turned to Chad green to get the save tonight. 

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. I’m sure he’ll get some mop up duty here & there, but I’d bet anything he’ll never record another save. The guy just doesn’t have it anymore. I remember the first time I saw him he was playing with the Cuban national team. He was probably a shitty person but the dude had a hell of a career, lit up the radar gun like no one else.
Bump.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
On 7/8/2021 at 1:14 AM, Helobious said:
Yankees turned to Chad green to get the save tonight. 

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. I’m sure he’ll get some mop up duty here & there, but I’d bet anything he’ll never record another save. The guy just doesn’t have it anymore. I remember the first time I saw him he was playing with the Cuban national team. He was probably a shitty person but the dude had a hell of a career, lit up the radar gun like no one else.

Bump.

Not even close to Helo’s worst prediction lately. 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, Helobious said:

These threads are hilarious. Texas & OU aren’t going anywhere. It’s like none of you remember when Meyer coming here was a “done deal” a few months ago. 

On 7/23/2021 at 2:51 PM, Helobious said:

Good luck with that. Literally all of this commotion is stemming from 2nd rate reporters & online rumors. There’s nothing official at all or even any rumblings of anything official. There’s no way TX & OU move conferences, they’re anchored with the big 12, like it or not. Plus, the SEC already has a Texas footprint and stands to gain absolutely nothing by adding 2 schools. Pin this shit when the season ends and still no announcement has been made. I already knew houston had dumb sports fans, but jesus. 

46 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Ha I forgot I threw in that houston line. Still funny to me. Meh, I’ve had a rough go in the prediction department lately. Just means I’m due.

Acorns don't usually start showing up until fall so you may have to wait a while longer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Tampa with a 10 run inning....up 14-0 against the Yankees.....Joey Gallo ain't gonna be helping that 

And this was with Cole starting 

5 1/3  7ER  10K

Followed by an impressive Albert Abreu showing of:

0.0IP  6ER  33 pitches 

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 1