Resident Alien (SciFi Channel)

MillerEP

Glad to see some other Shagters are into this. The wife and I discovered this show last week and have binged through and caught up.

I instantly loved it. Not dissimilar to my immediate reaction to loving What We Do in the Shadows. 

This is the perfect role for Alan Truduk. He’s outstanding. His antagonistic relationship with the kid who can see him freaking kills me.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Ep8. I thought this show was quirky good when I started. Now I f'n LOVE it. Tudyk is the perfect actor for this. This show is right up there with Happy! for SyFy. Excellent script, excellent production. Graphic Novels seem to be their forte.

Edited by RPM
Episode, not season

I like the amusing tone he had about the different alien species acknowledging that the dude was right on all of them.

Same with the darker tone he had about “the greys” and the dude who lost his son.

And yea the cameo by Giorgio T. was great! Perfect fitting and tone for the scene. “You’re good, you should be on TV!”

• 1 year later...

Not great news.

EXCLUSIVE: The upcoming third season of Syfy’s flagship series Resident Alien, starring Alan Tudyk, will be shorter than anticipated. Its size has been cut from 12 episodes to 8.

As Deadline reported, Resident Alien received a 12-episode Season 3 renewal in July, ahead of the August 10 premiere of the second half of its second season.

The UCP-produced Resident Alien was a breakout for Syfy when it premiered in 2021. The first part of Season 2 also did well, ranking among this year’s top 15 most-watched cable series and top 5 most-watched cable dramas, averaging 2.3 million viewers in L+7. The show’s ratings dropped significantly in the back half of Season 2.

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2021 at 5:29 PM, RPM said:

Been meaning to check this out. Big Tudyk fan. Born in El Paso, raised in Plano. He is a leaf in the wind.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:16 AM, RPM said:

I've always liked Tudyk. He really made a name for himself as Wash (I am a leaf in the wind), but he's excellent in every role he's played.

Under rated... Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

a70708951ac6a277a12ecb3378315f2b.jpg

How do you clean a Reaver's spear?

Spoiler

Run it through the Wash

Love Tudyk btw