Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 10/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, Rimbo said:

Whenever you use a towel at someone else's house's bathroom, there is a non-zero chance you're putting your hands where someone else's ballsack has been.

That’s why I always wipe my face with their towels! 

On 10/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, Rimbo said:

Whenever you use a towel at someone else's house's bathroom, there is a non-zero chance you're putting your hands where someone else's ballsack has been.

That’s why I always wipe my face with their towels! 

19 hours ago, RPM said:

So on my drive home tonight I had my cruise set at 75 as usual. When I merge onto 287 from 114 there a blue Nissan Rogue that won't move so I can get in. Had to slow down, let them get past me, merge and reset the cruise. As I move left and start to pass the Rogue the sonofabitch swerves into my lane and cuts me off. WTF? I move right lane and he speeds up and moves right and slows down. Okay... I move left and punch it to get past him and execute a spectacular pick play with a UPS truck to complete the pass. Reset the cruise and we're done here... wrong. The cocksucker gets right beside me and matches my speed. It's like this all the way to Decatur. I speed up, they speed up. I slow down, they slow down. Fortunately I'm overtly familiar with Decatur PD and their love of running a speed trap at the edge of town. I get going up to 85 and the Nissan is right with me as we enter Decatur. There's an 18 wheeler ahead of me and I'm about where they set up the speed trap so I slow down behind the truck and the Nissan keeps going thinking they ran a pick on me... wrong. Next thing you see is DPD flying out of the car dealership they always hide in and the Rogue stopped for 85 in a 55.

It's the simple things that bring you the most pleasure in life.

This was an enjoyable little tale. 

13 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

HO 50281 was mine. Of course I can’t remember where I parked my car half the time.

Your phone number started with ho?  That's wild man.  Mine started with a 3.

Did you know that the phone system used to be entirely tone based?  Make a tone at the right frequency and you'd get free long distance.  This was quite useful when it was a long distance call between Fort Worth and Dallas.  Phone Phreaking was cool before cool, but you had to keep a lookout for the Phone Police.

Edited by HornsOverIthaca

7 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Your phone number started with ho?  That's wild man.  Mine started with a 3.

Did you know that the phone system used to be entirely tone based?  Make a tone at the right frequency and you'd get free long distance.  This was quite useful when it was a long distance call between Fort Worth and Dallas.  Phone Phreaking was cool before cool, but you had to keep a lookout for the Phone Police.

When pay phones used operators for long distance calls you could just play them the sound of the right coins being deposited, you didn't necessarily have to actually be dropping the coins into the phone. Took some skill with a cassette recorder. 

15 hours ago, El Diablo said:

When pay phones used operators for long distance calls you could just play them the sound of the right coins being deposited, you didn't necessarily have to actually be dropping the coins into the phone. Took some skill with a cassette recorder. 

Actually, way back in the day, you could tap the hook on a pay phone to make free local calls.  Just had to click it at the same frequency the dialer would make, which took some skill.  Was a bitch when the number you wanted to call had a lot of 8's and 9's in it, like my parent's home phone number.  Luckily in those days, all local calls were still 7 digits.

4 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Actually, way back in the day, you could tap the hook on a pay phone to make free local calls.  Just had to click it at the same frequency the dialer would make, which took some skill. 

Back in the day, I had a calculator that had a phone dialer speaker on back. Enter the number, hold it up to the phone and hit enter. It would dial the number.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:50 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

What was the trick number you could call from a pay phone and then make it call itself? That was always reliable for some good stupid fun as a child. 

Hell, I'd forgotten about those numbers. 41411 was one of them, that gave the standard ring. They were test numbers that repair guys used. There were others that would give a long ring - short ring or two short rings and a long etc...

ETA: They worked on home phones too. We'd prank my mom that way. 

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1