Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 11/3/2019 at 12:05 PM, Dbeasy said:

Yesterday I passed the car that has Texas license plate “1”. My odds of doing that were probably higher than one out of a million.

Kinda wild. On Saturday, I parked next to the car that had some western state (I think it was South Dakota, but I can't remember for sure) license plate "1". I was at a cafe in Virginia at the time. I'm wondering if all 50 states have somebody with a vanity plate quite that vain. Surely not, right? Vt, maybe, skips straight to "2"?

Kinda wild. On Saturday, I parked next to the car that had some western state (I think it was South Dakota, but I can't remember for sure) license plate "1". I was at a cafe in Virginia at the time. I'm wondering if all 50 states have somebody with a vanity plate quite that vain. Surely not, right? Vt, maybe, skips straight to "2"?
Some western state

A friend’s family is from St. Lucia. When the government decided there were enough cars to finally warrant license plates, the original ones were handed out in numerical order. The Prime Minister got number 1. My friend’s grandma got #2. Since you could keep it when getting a new car, that license plate number has been in the family ever since.

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

the arguments on the Internet-- like those on the football board-- get dumber every year

but my tolerance for stupidity somehow goes up over time as well

so I keep arguing even though it's practically never a positive, engaging experience

I kind of deserve what I'm getting

everything sucks word report GIF

5 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That tank in The Last Crusade had an awfully roomy interior.  

Considering it was just the four of them, it would have appeared extra roomy to us.   a full crew in a Mark VIII would have been 10 guys.  

The woman that played Elsa is holding up extremely well after all these years, much better than the tank.  

Today's reason why I'm a bad person: Drove past a butcher shop on the drive into work. They were clearly in the final stages of mopping up after what appeared to be a pretty severe fire. Holes cut in the walls, smoke damage everywhere, Etc. Despite the obvious tragedy of the situation, losing a local small business, literally the only thing I could think was: "Damn, I'll bet that smelled delicious..."

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

That's brilliant.  They'd have to play at a stadium in the desert though.

Probably not enough fan interest to hold it in some neutral site stadium out there like UNM, UNLV, et. al.  You could use those big curtains they used to have in the Alamodome for Spurs games and have UTSA theater students adorn them with the exact same desert patters they used on the cartoon.  It was basically the same 3-4 scenes repeating themselves.  You use those curtains to also cover up the huge chunks of seats that nobody is going to be using either.  It's a win-win. 

It would have to be a buyout game anyway since South Dakota is FCS.  But Acme hosts, but in reality is a front for Cartoon Network or whoever wants to foot the bill.    Tom Brokaw, USD's proudest son, serving as emcee of the whole affair.  The cartoon is still under the rights of Warner Bros., owned by AT&T who still has a massive presence in San Antonio (albeit in different fields).  

I say we do this.  

18 hours ago, Lobo said:

Considering it was just the four of them, it would have appeared extra roomy to us.   a full crew in a Mark VIII would have been 10 guys.  

The woman that played Elsa is holding up extremely well after all these years, much better than the tank.  

I wonder what Elsa would consider a full tank, 4 guys? 10?

18 hours ago, Buffsoldier said:

Today's reason why I'm a bad person: Drove past a butcher shop on the drive into work. They were clearly in the final stages of mopping up after what appeared to be a pretty severe fire. Holes cut in the walls, smoke damage everywhere, Etc. Despite the obvious tragedy of the situation, losing a local small business, literally the only thing I could think was: "Damn, I'll bet that smelled delicious..."

• Like 1

Fred Cox is a former NFL kicker who passed away recently.  He's also the inventor of the Nerf Football.  

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-mourn-passing-of-legendary-kicker-nerf-football-inventor-fred-cox?fbclid=IwAR2mvIgOxsSfx9XMz-jYE8XPR0g7jCOhpEfY_ZVekb4GdYrSn4cvDhrnfOg

Edited by Underdog