Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

I always thought the weird shit on OSU helmets were flies.

I dont know what the fuck a Buckeye is.  I assume its something agricultural, but im not fully sure that Ohio is a farming state. 

Then I realized I dont know anything about Ohio at all. 

On 11/27/2019 at 5:36 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I just bought a box of Sugar Babies (the caramel-based candy, not a container of prostitutes) on impulse at the checkout lane. 

I haven't eaten them in probably 20ish years, and while it's possible that I got a lousy box, they were nowhere near as good as I remember. 

...but holy fucking shit, are Milk Duds 100x better than I remember them being. 

Do yourself a favor and pick up a box next time you have the opportunity. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 7:27 PM, Armybrat said:

Do they even make yo-yo’s anymore?

i remember in the early 1950s when they were a new thing, and a Duncan factory salesman demonstrated fancy tricks with the toy at the NCO club in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I never could get the hang of the damn things.

I have a little regret that the excellent golden yellow Duncan yo-yo did not make the trip back to our house after my mom passed away. Our children were allowed to pick one or two items to bring back, and no one picked the click clacks either. I have to wonder if the click clacks sold at the garage sale (held by a family member) because I'd heard they were outlawed- - just looked online and yep, banned in 1985. I had a pair of purple and a pair of green.

clackersbb.jpg

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I have a little regret that the excellent golden yellow Duncan yo-yo did not make the trip back to our house after my mom passed away. Our children were allowed to pick one or two items to bring back, and no one picked the click clacks either. I have to wonder if the click clacks sold at the garage sale (held by a family member) because I'd heard they were outlawed- - just looked online and yep, banned in 1985. I had a pair of purple and a pair of green.

clackersbb.jpg

You know what it takes to sell real estate?
8392e9004b296f1fd4ebf6bf1c1e5485.jpg

Over half the wrestlers from Wrestlemania III (the last one I watched) are dead.  Most of them died before 60.  And most of them died from shit you wouldn't expect (not from steroids or shit like that).  Car accidents, overdoses, bullets, etc.  All kinds of shit that screams murder.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Over half the wrestlers from Wrestlemania III (the last one I watched) are dead.  Most of them died before 60.  And most of them died from shit you wouldn't expect (not from steroids or shit like that).  Car accidents, overdoses, bullets, etc.  All kinds of shit that screams murder.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

What movie was that where somebody lets some deathly rotting pile of ass fart out their butt and then it wafts over to some guy talking on his cell phone and the guy shouts out, "Who the hell farted?  It's disgusting...I AM HERE ON BUSINESS!"  

That's what I pictured from the above two posts.  It was some barely funny comedy from about 10-20 years ago.  

I finally, after about a decade, figured out the answer to a question from my youth.  I swear I had previously googled and came up with nothing.

I had a memory of a cartoon as a kid that had a King and "Court Jester" villain.  The King would always yell at the Court Jest named "Shecky".  I swore it was the Smurfs.

Turns out it was a short lived Hanna Barbera ripoff called Biskitts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biskitts

It's like a splinter has been pulled out of my brain.

• Like 1