Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Vaping it, or actually smoking weed? 
Smoking. Didn't catch her in the act but we came home a bit earlier than planned, and the living room had that freshly smoked joint or bowl air.
The smoking thing isn't even a big deal. Kid was asleep, she was just watching Netflix downstairs. It's that the back patio is 10 feet from the couch she was on.

20 hours ago, General Specific said:

Can you recommend a good Chianti?

This has always bugged me.

In the novel, it was "a big amarone" and that actually works better. A census taker's liver would be something of a fatty meal, fit for a less delicate culinary experience. An amarone is almost, but not quite, a dessert wine, and would be a much better fit with the gluttonous setting.

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:
7 hours ago, El Diablo said:
She was probably relieved that her boyfriend was able to sneak out successfully. 

She's like 50 so I'm relieved to have not seen that too.

Oh, well then. You're in the trust tree here my friend, your nanny cam footage will be safe with me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Hope Solo is pregnant.  Is there any way possible that wouldn't have happened?

Somebody was jerking off across the room and his sperm were drawn into her event horizon. 

Do you ever just read the name of a recruit and think “yeah that guy won’t be very good”. It’s hard to explain. Had that feeling with Andrew Fitzgerald, Kobe Boyce, Garrett Gray, Max Cummins. Got that feeling today with Jerrin Thompson, Quentin Johnston (not coming here but still) and that Sawyer kid from Longview. JQJ, Bijan, Xavion, and Hudson card meanwhile just have names that carry weight. They will ball.

In 1933, Chuck Klein (Phillies RF) won the TRIPLE CROWN (and led the league in OPS, stole 15 bases, struck out just 36 times in 667 plate appearances).  Fielded .986 with 21 assists.  

Carl Hubbell, that year, was not one of those Walter Johnson workhorses.  Started 35 games, not unusual for that era (and give him credit, he completed 22 of those starts and his 1.66 ERA was incredible).  But he still lost 12 games and only struck out 156 batters.  

Hubbell, not Klein, won the MVP that year.  Because Philadelphia sucks as a city.  Not fair though.  Klein was robbed 

I saw that driving in this morning and thought it’d be funnier in the reverse.  Abuse of queso and obstruction of margaritas.   The way they phrased it makes it sound like a really shitty Christmas party where there’s no good appetizers and people reveal their drinking problems

I saw that driving in this morning and thought it’d be funnier in the reverse.  Abuse of queso and obstruction of margaritas.   The way they phrased it makes it sound like a really shitty Christmas party where there’s no good appetizers and people reveal their drinking problems
"OBSTRUCTION OF MARGARITAS" won't fit on the same line.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

In 1933, Chuck Klein (Phillies RF) won the TRIPLE CROWN (and led the league in OPS, stole 15 bases, struck out just 36 times in 667 plate appearances).  Fielded .986 with 21 assists.  

Carl Hubbell, that year, was not one of those Walter Johnson workhorses.  Started 35 games, not unusual for that era (and give him credit, he completed 22 of those starts and his 1.66 ERA was incredible).  But he still lost 12 games and only struck out 156 batters.  

Hubbell, not Klein, won the MVP that year.  Because Philadelphia sucks as a city.  Not fair though.  Klein was robbed 

My grandpa used to tell me about what a badass King Carl was.  He had the most ridiculous all-star game outing the next year (I looked it up because I thought it might have helped him win that MVP). He struck out 5 hall of Famers in succession:

Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons, and Joe Cronin.

Can’t argue with a triple crown deserving an MVP though.

OK that’s very impressive despite the fact that two of those guys were in the absolute twilights of their career.  Anyway no way that Klein didn’t deserve the MVP in 1933