Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Well, they build them because they are super efficient at processing traffic through an intersection. Dumb fucks need to learn. It ain’t that hard.

Not sure they'll ever learn. They ended up putting one way signs around the roundabouts in our neighborhood last year (lived here for 7 years in this particular neighborhood). Would've thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

Edited by demos

Police helicopter is looking for somebody in my neighborhood after a high speed chase.  Just doing circles around the neighborhood. I’m pretty sure by now that the guy got into Shoal Creek and is moving north or south pretty fast, while they are searching Ramsey Park.   

Are they looking through infrared, or are they just trying to flush the guy out for the cops on the ground?  I mean, I’ve seen the shows and movies where the police helicopter has the guy in a spotlight and they are following him.   

But these guys?  Just circling low and fast.  

10 hours ago, demos said:

Not sure why they keep putting roundabouts in Austin neighborhoods. Fucking idiots don’t know how to use them.

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Shit, there is even one in downtown Round Rock.

Almost as stupid as that toll booth on the way to Rock Ridge. Who even carries dimes these days? 

On 1/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, 52-80 said:

My employer is trying to promote a silent auction for charity, whereby the prizes of the auction are events and 'experiences' with managers like Lunches, Go-karting , Cooking classes.

The hilarious thing is that these are mid-senior managers.  Like the vice president of supply chain.  Or the north american director of industrial manufacturing.

Inspiring, business luminaries these are not.  Moreover, these people in specific are extremely lame.  It aint quite a date with Jeff fucking Bezos.  Im just laughing at how they think there is an incentive to bidding for this, and who actually would, besides the handful of their direct reports who live to kiss ass.

The titles...they fuel the living fuck out of egos, for some of them at least.   It's insufferable, and to your point, the last thing I would spend money on is a day WITH them.

Last year at an annual meeting I actually won an "immunity day" in which upon hearing that national folks would be coming to visit, i could not only avoid the visit, but redeploy them to the area of my choosing.  Now THAT was a fucking prize.

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

"Gate 3861"

Random text message from an unrecognized number. Someone is going to be wondering where their ride is.

Respond with “You’re not coming from Wuhan, China are you?  Because I drove a couple of guys from there around a couple of weeks ago, and they tipped poorly, and one of them kept sneezing in my car, and I think he gave me some kind of nasty cold that won’t go away.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We lost our daughter on November 2, 2018 8 months into pregnancy to a umbilical cord issue. Seeing all these proud #girldad pictures all over the internet after Kobe and his daughter died fucking kills me.

Edited by ocugolf
Fat finger typing
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ocugolf said:

We lost our daughter on November 2, 2018 8 months into pregnancy to a umbilical cord issue. Seeing all these proud #girldad pictures all over the internet after Kobe and his daughter died fucking kills me.

Tomorrow is the 23rd anniversary of our first daughter's SIDS death. Seven weeks old. I feel where you're coming from; it sucks, there's simply no other way to say it. I'm so sorry.

• Like 5

I'm not into the backhoe scene but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they're all named Dale. There's Irish Dale, Big Dale, Smooth Dale, Black Dale, BBQ Dale, Frisco Dale etc..."Who's doing your backhoe mork?" "Dale" "Which one?"

Edited by El Diablo

I'm not sure what thread this goes in so I'm putting it here. Today at 12:30 I get to pick up my teenage daughter from school and taker her to her first gynecological exam.  This should be interesting.  I guess it's fitting since I was the one who had to go shopping for her first feminine products and explain to her how to use them.  I still think the woman that I asked for advice in the grocery store thinks I'm some kind of pervert.

21 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm not sure what thread this goes in so I'm putting it here. Today at 12:30 I get to pick up my teenage daughter from school and taker her to her first gynecological exam.  This should be interesting.  I guess it's fitting since I was the one who had to go shopping for her first feminine products and explain to her how to use them.  I still think the woman that I asked for advice in the grocery store thinks I'm some kind of pervert.

Are you single?

2 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

i see your point but I was really thinking in terms of the partner she's stuffing or pegging if that's your thing.

Yeah, I drifted off the tracks from your original train of thought. csb time, years ago I was banging these two lezzies, separately and of course unbeknownst to each of them who thought they were a committed lezzie couple... but I digress. Anyway, the one finds out and did say that her gf's twat had seemed to be looser when she'd finger banged her. So they do know, they're just not experiencing it the same way.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, El Diablo said:

Yeah, I drifted off the tracks from your original train of thought. csb time, years ago I was banging these two lezzies, separately and of course unbeknownst to each of them who thought they were a committed lezzie couple... but I digress. Anyway, the one finds out and did say that her gf's twat had seemed to be looser when she'd finger banged her. So they do know, they're just not experiencing it the same way.

and that confirms my initial theory

On 2/13/2020 at 12:56 PM, StruggleBus said:

Do people even use personal email anymore? Outside of a business context and for logging into websites, what's the point?

I probably exchange about 10 personal emails per day.  Most of them have some tinge of business to them, but there are roughly 10 or so that I handle through my personal email address.  I prefer it to phone calls because the exchange on each side takes an aggregate of 5 minutes as opposed to a 15 minute phone call.  I do not use social media, messaging apps, etc.  I'd say 10 or so business address emails and then 10 or so personal address emails. 

An easy way to shit done is to lay out what you need in an email and then have the other person do it.  Or vice-versa.  A constant exchange/barrage of messaging apps and texts and shit...it's for the birds.  I'll never understand people's fascination with people.