Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 12/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, HouTex said:

What the hell is the popular perfume that many women are using now that smells exactly like Raid bug spray? I can’t believe that shit is popular.

On 12/18/2019 at 7:40 PM, CooterBrown said:

No idea but that explains why a lady at work smells like bug spray.

Bitches gotta kill those crabs somehow.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:17 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

On 1/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, Lobo said:

Nope, everybody knows the best way to keep from losing your hair is genetics.  Quit letting your mom fuck bald guys and you'll maintain a thick, lustrous mane like me.  I'm 43 and my hair is literally getting thicker as I get older.  Sure that means mom is banging every Robert Goulet doppelganger in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, but that means I get the phenomenal hair-DNA passed down to me that I deserve.  Seriously, I gotta get it cut every 3 weeks it's so magnificent.

From someone losing their hair....I hope your dick falls off to balance things out.

Edited by SHOOTER12

Sorry for your loss.  Thoughts and prayers.  ;)

Manly hair aside, Though i have to admit, part of it is obviously from fatigue from two little kids and getting old.  Stamina has never been an issue and I can certainly "get in the mood" rather easily, but about 10 minutes in... my guy is just no longer on my team and I feel like trying one of those organic products like Green Lumber, et. al.  Anybody have any advice on these types of products this side of heavy duty pharma?  

Edited by Lobo

I saw a Natural Light sparking beverage the other day (next to the White Claw). Not sure what the category of beverage is called, but the Natty light name hit it out of the ballpark for me.  

Natural Light:  Catalina Lime Mixer

Sadly, the play on words is lost on their target demographic but that's just top-fucking-notch right there.  

21 hours ago, Lobo said:

I saw a Natural Light sparking beverage the other day (next to the White Claw). Not sure what the category of beverage is called, but the Natty light name hit it out of the ballpark for me.  

Sadly, the play on words is lost on their target demographic but that's just top-fucking-notch right there.  

Aloha Beaches

On 2/17/2020 at 7:34 PM, Lobo said:

You think “Catalina Lime Mixer” is lost on 21-30 year olds when the movie is only 12 years old? It’s not an obscure Movie. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You think “Catalina Lime Mixer” is lost on 21-30 year olds when the movie is only 12 years old? It’s not an obscure Movie. 

No, according to your math, I don't think a lot of 9 year olds watched "Step Brothers."  But then, I have zero idea what nine year olds watch in this century.  

That's why I posted it on the Random Thoughts thread, it was just a funny observation about a new beverage.  Thank you for contribution a thread that's not really supposed to be about your analysis.  

After his surgery, Tommy John pitched another 14 seasons winning 167 games.  That was after his surgery, and after he had already played 10 seasons and won 121 games. ANd his control got better, after the surgery he never walked more than 61 guys in a season despite regularly hurling over 200 innings. 

Nowadays, a guy has that surgery and he's basically shut down for the rest of his career.  

If you have to have a surgery, have it named after you. 

On 2/19/2020 at 12:37 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

As seen on the wall at my four year old's favorite restaurant - Conveyor Belt Sushi. 

Reminds me of this poster in my Hong Kong hotel's elevator. We just landed and after seeing this I thought wow I could really use a nice burger and fries. Turns out they don't sell ANYTHING in the picture and as you can see in the corner "photos are for reference only". Goddammit lol

spacer.png

How?  By shut down, I mean regularly limited and periodically ‘rested’ for rest of his career.  Hyperbole man.  This is random thoughts, not the baseball thread. Thanks though, I played division one college baseball, albeit for just one fall semester.   But thanks.  

Edited by Lobo

20 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Love that shit.

Is that Kura in Austin, or is there a chain called "conveyor Belt Sushi"?

Kura in Schaumburg, IL. 

They were giving out insulated plastic cups with the logo on them with each $60+ bill the other day, so of course, I had to gorge myself to get the kid another trinket. 

The first time I took him to one (Torrance, CA? Little Tokyo?) he got really freaked out by the evil ninja on the tablet because he thought the ninja really was in Los Angeles with us, and that he was on his way to the restaurant. Pretty funny in hindsight, as we've defeated the ninja so many times now that we are disappointed when he's our first quest. 

If you haven't had the Golden Crunchy Roll, change that immediately. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

I hear the Astros are receiving death threats, and I am sure that's somewhat unpleasant for their players, but.... it seems like anyone who ever does anything even mildly unpopular gets death threats, and the follow-through on them is so low on a percentage basis that I don't really think it's newsworthy. It doesn't seem like anyone really wants to kill any of the recipients of death threats.